worried

CanadaDeb

Hi All...I would appreciate your opinions, please.

DH and I have cruised in the Adventure of the Seas and Caribbean Princess. We have now found a cruise we like but it's on a much smaller ship, the Norwegian Sun. I am worried about being on such a small ship compared to what I experienced before.

I would appreciate knowing about experiences on smaller ships.

Thanks so much.

What are your specific concerns?

Are you afraid there are not enough venues?

Are you worried the ship will not 'ride' well and you'll experience too much motion of the ocean?

Are you afraid you won't meet enough folks you might enjoy?

Not sure what you are getting at.

Hi All...I would appreciate your opinions, please.

DH and I have cruised in the Adventure of the Seas and Caribbean Princess. We have now found a cruise we like but it's on a much smaller ship, the Norwegian Sun. I am worried about being on such a small ship compared to what I experienced before.

I would appreciate knowing about experiences on smaller ships.

Thanks so much.

We spent 16 days on the Sun going through the Panama Canal. We spent 33 days on the Sun, b2b2b cruises including crossing the Atlantic. We enjoyed every minute of those cruises.

The ship might be smaller than what you've experienced but it's large enough to have several venues for dining, several lounges, a large theater for entertainment, a fantastic observation lounge, and a wonderful outdoor area.

The ship rides well, even in rough seas.

As the others have asked, exactly what are your concerns?

I suppose my worry is about feeling it small for such a period of time...does it feel more crowded than larger ships? Number if venues is not an issue, just the overall sense of space really...does that make any sense?

Thanks for your responses.

The smaller ships actually have a lower passenger-to-available-public-space ratio than the larger ships.

I would only worry about feeling "small" on the Sun if you were comparing her to the Oasis/Allure or Queen Mary 2. I guarantee you the Norwegian Sun will feel less crowded than the Caribbean Princess, which carries one of the highest numbers of passengers per square footage at sea.

I suppose my worry is about feeling it small for such a period of time...does it feel more crowded than larger ships? Number if venues is not an issue, just the overall sense of space really...does that make any sense?

Thanks for your responses.

We did the SUN years ago (2007) when it left from New Orleans and still wish she was docked in NOLA.

And no you won't feel an over-sense of being crowded. To me it is just the right number of passengers for the size of the ship. If this makes sense??!!

What got me worried is that I looked at the stats of the Caribbean Princess ( last year's ship for DH and I ) and compared it to the Sun's stats and then compared the amount of passengers...but I appreciate your comments, I feel better and look forward to seeing it myself. :) thank you all.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. We did the cruise you have booked on the Sun last year. Previously we had been on a sister ship to the CB, and we were somewhat concerned about the same things as you. We found the Sun actually easier to navigate, and it felt less crowded. Different design I guess. By 2014 I'm sure some of the staff will have changed, but, for us - we had the best staff and service ever - on the Sun. The rooms seemed 'roomier' and storage space far exceeded what we were used to.

Enjoy !! :)

Archived