Just off of Adventure..EXCELLENT

We just sailed Adventure from Jan 27-Feb 3. We've always heard mixed reviews, and anticipated a few issues. Guess what? It was one of our best cruises ever (and it was cruise number 37 in the last 4 years)! We arrived at the port in San Juan around 11:15 am, walked right through security, right up to the check-in desk, and boarding began 10 minutes later. Leaving the ship yesterday around 8:30am, we left our cabin, walked right off the ship, thru customs in less than 10 minutes, and right into a taxi. No issues whatsoever.

The crew was fantastic, the service incredible, and we had a wonderful time. Maybe we just got lucky, as I know any cruise can have issues and glitches. But this sailing on Adventure was incredible, and I'd book it again without hesitation. There were some things that weren't our favorite (the cruise director was kind of boring, for example.) But those aren't deciding factors when going on cruise, usually. So, I just thought I'd give some positive feedback about Adventure and San Juan sailings.....

Peter

I just want to add to this, I went on the Adventure a year ago and it was one of my best cruises ever. In fact, I had switched to Carnival Victory this year - so I could get a balcony - and every time we docked near the Adventure I was reminded what a mistake switching ships was and wished i was on the AoS.

I would be doing it again next year, but the airfare to SJU, even from NYC where there are a ton of direct flights, is just so much more than going to Florida.

We just sailed Adventure from Jan 27-Feb 3. We've always heard mixed reviews, and anticipated a few issues. Guess what? It was one of our best cruises ever (and it was cruise number 37 in the last 4 years)! We arrived at the port in San Juan around 11:15 am, walked right through security, right up to the check-in desk, and boarding began 10 minutes later. Leaving the ship yesterday around 8:30am, we left our cabin, walked right off the ship, thru customs in less than 10 minutes, and right into a taxi. No issues whatsoever.

The crew was fantastic, the service incredible, and we had a wonderful time. Maybe we just got lucky, as I know any cruise can have issues and glitches. But this sailing on Adventure was incredible, and I'd book it again without hesitation. There were some things that weren't our favorite (the cruise director was kind of boring, for example.) But those aren't deciding factors when going on cruise, usually. So, I just thought I'd give some positive feedback about Adventure and San Juan sailings.....

Peter

Totally agree - we were on the Adventure last March and it too was one of our most favorites!!!

Have cruised out of San Juan three times so far, and have loved it every time! We were on the Adventure once and Serenade twice. We're going again March 2nd on the Brilliance. I've never had a problem with any of the cruises. I'm a person who believes a cruise (or any vacation) is what I make of it. Sure, not everything is ever going to go perfect, but I do my best to focus on the good things. Fortunately for me, there's been at least 95% good to focus on with all three San Juan cruises :)

The cruise director was boring:eek:...these guys are suppose to be life of the party...the audience is suppose to feed off of thier energy..did he say how long he was going to be on board?

Another quick question...we want to drop our bags and go sight seeing..what time do you think we could do this?

Angela

The cruise director was boring:eek:...these guys are suppose to be life of the party...the audience is suppose to feed off of thier energy..did he say how long he was going to be on board?

Another quick question...we want to drop our bags and go sight seeing..what time do you think we could do this?

Angela

All aboard was 530pm. You'll have to cab in to town and back again and then allow time for checking in. Hopefully someone who has boarded more recently than me can confirm how soon they could drop their bags off.

Can you tell me if you can order breakfast at Johnny Rockets? In the Allure it was an alternative place to have made to order breakfast in the morning. We sail the end of March and very excited to sail out of San Juan....:)

No breakfast in Johnny Rocket's on Adventure. Only Oasis and Allure.

Angela

On Jan 6th we were at the port at 9:00am and I believe they started checking bags at 10am or a little before. I would say get there early so you are at the front of the line, then when they take your bags you can walk over to the taxi's and get one to town.

Peter

We are on AOS leaving in April 13 - can't wait to go - I have heard mostly positive reviews of Adventure - don't much care about the Cruise Director he/she will not make a difference to how much I am enjoying cruisin :D

Archived