Favorite Gifts from your TA

O2Bcrusin

If you are not getting any perks, change TAs. They all give have to give you the same rate and use part of their give back from the cruise company's to cover their gifts to you. If are not getting any perks then your TA is keeping all of the give backs.

Princess TAs are allowed to discount their rates; they're simply not allowed to advertise that discounted price.

As for the thing you disdainfully call their "give back," that's the commission they earn for making the booking. If my TA has already carved away some of her commission by giving me a discounted rate (which she does, and a very nice one, too), I certainly don't begrudge her keeping the rest of what she's rightfully earned, instead of sending me a bottle of wine or some OBC. You make it sound like they're skimming the cream off the top, when it's actually the bread and butter of their income.

If my TA has already carved away some of her commission by giving me a discounted rate (which she does, and a very nice one, too), I certainly don't begrudge her keeping the rest of what she's rightfully earned, instead of sending me a bottle of wine or some OBC.

When a TA books what Princess calls a "speculative group", the TA can get better rates to offer customers who book that cruise as well as "amenities points" which can be used to provide onboard gifts. Princess has 42 different amenities to offer through this program, some for the passenger and some for the travel agent.

For example, using the point rates of a couple of years ago:

o Chocolate covered strawberries, 1 point

o $25 OBC, 2 points

o Bottle of wine, 2 points for cruises 6-8 days, 1 point for longer cruises

o 6x8 photo or photo credit, 1 point

o (for the TA) Bonus commission of $12.50/person, 2 points

o (on an Alaska Cruisetour) breakfast at a Princess lodge, 4 points

Archived