Meet & greet?

teaach

Someone on my roll call is organizing a Carnival Meet and greet, 1 hour and includes gratuity, dry snacks. What drinks are served at this 1 hour party? Thanks.

We did this on Liberty 3 years go. Had standard mixers and bar liquors, beer, sodas, etc. Cost around $12 pp, and well worth it for open bar.

no top shelf alcohol. and no shots either

but they will make what you want.

last week we had the choc mocha madness. kiss on the lips, miami vices. etc etc

if this is for your may cruise-- its too early to order it. 6-8 weeks out

and the persons sign and sail card is charged.

you can no longer pre pay it

On the Freedom three months ago, they had a server bring around trays of pre-made drinks. The glasses were small, but you could have more, as the server kept making rounds. They finally sent in another server and you could request something, but it was a smaller version and it took a couple minutes for them to make it for you. Enjoy, it was fun.

:)I find this really funny and very cheap. We have NEVER payed for a meet and greet on any other line .On Celeberety we had a meet and greet with food and drinks . At the end of the cruise they had a lunch in the md with drinks . We were just a group from the message board . That is a cut back . Now I am sure I will be flamed. Just remember we have two carnival cruises coming up and looking forward to them .

:)I find this really funny and very cheap. We have NEVER payed for a meet and greet on any other line .On Celeberety we had a meet and greet with food and drinks . At the end of the cruise they had a lunch in the md with drinks . We were just a group from the message board . That is a cut back . Now I am sure I will be flamed. Just remember we have two carnival cruises coming up and looking forward to them .

Carnival has never offered this.

I organized this in October on the Dream for our roll call and had 65 people attend.

Carnival had 5 bartenders/servers but we pretty much had to go to the bar to order.

Not a problem and everyone had as much to drink as they could possibly want.

Was an awesome party but you have to make sure you control who comes in. We did it with wrist tags

Other cruiselines spend part of their advertising budget to offer this freebie.........I'm glad Carnival keeps their prices down and people who want this perk can pay for it.......It's quite reasonable, but I actually don't participate anymore......Our roll calls usually number in the 100+ and it's just too hard to get a drink with everyone ordering special drinks.

I organized this in October on the Dream for our roll call and had 65 people attend.

Carnival had 5 bartenders/servers but we pretty much had to go to the bar to order.

Was an awesome party but you have to make sure you control who comes in. We did it with wrist tags

How did you go about organizing it .

no top shelf alcohol. and no shots either

but they will make what you want.

last week we had the choc mocha madness. kiss on the lips, miami vices. etc etc

if this is for your may cruise-- its too early to order it. 6-8 weeks out

and the persons sign and sail card is charged.

you can no longer pre pay it

Can you please explain this a little more? Would each person need to contact carnival? Or can we just give a list of names??

Can you please explain this a little more? Would each person need to contact carnival? Or can we just give a list of names??

One person has to organize this and pay for the entire group.

You need a minimum of 20 people to sign up.

I have organized 2 of these M&G, everyone sent me their money well before the cruise via paypal or check in the mail. I used that money to buy funship dollars to be applied as OBC to my S&S account. Since they don't offer funship dollars, I would recommend you purchase Carnival Gift Cards to apply to your S&S account. By the time I boarded my cruise the money was already on my account to cover the cost of the M&G.

Whoever is organizing the M&G needs to call Carnival and request to speak with the groups department. Venues for private parties fill up quickly so the sooner you reserve your room and time for the M&G the better.

Carnival asks that you let them know total guests at least 2 weeks before the cruise, so that gives you a deadline for people to confirm if they want to be a part of the M&G or not.

like the person above explained--- one person needs to do it. collect money, contact carnival and give them a number. and its billed to that persons sign and sail card.

I just did this last week. You gotta be careful of gate crashers.

I had 32 people send me money. I had 2 people not show up but there was 35 people at the party- which I had to pay for out of my pocket.

Putting this together for a sea day in the early afternoon works great.

Did Carnival provide the wrist tags, or did you have to bring them? We're still working on our group's M&G party, and the wrist bands are a good idea. Where would we get them?

Did Carnival provide the wrist tags, or did you have to bring them? We're still working on our group's M&G party, and the wrist bands are a good idea. Where would we get them?

Carnival do not furnish wristbands. You have to bring your own for your group. A friend of mine purchase my wristbands online for me.

Try Oriental Trading Company. They have just about everything.

Carnival do not furnish wristbands. You have to bring your own for your group. A friend of mine purchase my wristbands online for me.

Try Oriental Trading Company. They have just about everything.

Thank-you both. Before ordering on line, I'll check to see if a party supply place here in town has wrist bands. One other question: When purchasing the wrist bands, did you absorb the cost yourself, or include it with how much you needed to collect from each person in your group?

I provided Lanyards for the 2 M&G's I organized. I had them custom made, first ones were printed with "Legend's September to Remember 09/04/2011" and the second one was "Sweet Liberty 09/22/2012"

They cost ~80.00-90.00 depending on how many I ordered and if I added any extras to them.

The site I use is CustomLanyard (dot) net.

Archived