Do TAs Still Hold Back Staterooms?

truecruiser

Earlier today I tried to book a very short, very last minute cruise (leaving next Friday) and it showed online as available on the first screen, but not on the second. After going in and out several times to rule out a glitch, I called NCL. The sailing is full.

It wasn't until after I hung up with them that I thought of TAs having cabin stock. Does NCL allow this, and when do they require TAs to release them back to them? You get where I'm going... I'm wondering if there really are still a few cabins floating around somewhere.

Keep trying, people cancel and cabins become available.

Very true. The last 3-4 days are the best. People think they might need to cancel but wait til the last minute just in case. Rooms usually become available those last few days. Don't call, use NCL.com and just keep checking. When/if you see a room you want, grab it quickly or it will be gone.

Have you tried calling a large on-line TA? Doesn't hurt to check. If not, then would check with NCL often for cancellations. If you have a relationship with a Cruise Consultant at NCL you can enlist their help in watching for new availability. If you don't have one, you can call and ask for one.

There may be a last-minute cancelation so keep checking. The cruise lines can take back group space from TAs prior to final payment. Sometimes the agencies can ask for an extension if they are close to filling a group.

Archived