past guest party

hearts12

Can i go to the past guest party if i only need 1 credit?

I know you need 25 pts and i have 24 pts.

If you do not get an invitation in your cabin, then no you are not supposed to go. We did have to show them at the door....

this will be my third cruise and i still cant go.

at least i can go to ncl party. i think i will go back to them after this one.

Are you one point away now or will you still be one point away after this cruise?

If you gain your points while on the cruise there's a possibility you may get an invite. Not 100% sure about it though....

Are you one point away now or will you still be one point away after this cruise?

If you gain your points while on the cruise there's a possibility you may get an invite. Not 100% sure about it though....

one away with the upcoming cruise

i wil have 24 pts going on this cruise, i am one short

I understand your disappointment, but they have to cut it off somewhere. If you can go 1 point shy, then why can't someone else go at 2 pts, or 3 pts away?

I wouldn't blame Carnival for this, all cruiselines with points structures in place will be the same.

I do hope you have a wonderful cruise..!!!!

I'm 1 point away from Diamond and my husband was Diamond on our last cruise. I wasn't upset at all about this because I understand that if it is a rule, then I am to abide by it. Like the other poster said, there has to be a cut-off somewhere and you'll just have to be patient and wait until your next cruise.

You can go if you get the invitation. Since the past guest part isn't until several days into the cruise, they may go ahead and invite you since upon boarding the ship you will be at 25 days.

I've heard, but not experienced yet that when you transition from one level to another during a cruise you are extended the next higher level benefits at embarkation.

When you look at your travel documents for your cruise are you Red or Gold?

I understand there has to be a cut-off. But I also understand the frustration of the people that WERE gold and were demoted to Red. I am turning gold (again on this cruise), so I will be gold. DH will be on his third cruise but will only have 21 days at the conclusion of this cruise, so he is back to red. He was gold last cruise. Its frustrating. I would not do it that way, but then again I do not run a successful cruise company so its not my call. :D

If it would still be the old way, then there would be those that would say, I'm on my 9th cruise. Why can't I go in if I'm just one cruise away...

Sometimes, there has to be guidelines set.

I thought with the old way you only had to have taken one previous cruise to go to the past guest party, not 10.:confused:

Bill

If you are at 24 when you get on the ship then you will be Gold and get an invite to the party. My husband is at 22 now and we are going on the Breeze for 8 days. On our cruise documents it states that he will be Gold on the cruise.

You could check online to see if it shows what you will be on this cruise. Go to "manage my cruise" and then choose "View Cruise Documents", Check the Print General Information". Look for the guest information and see what it says for you. It has our past guest numbers and what level each of us is.

Sharon

New rules for Past Guest Party, it is for Gold VIFP members and above only.

Thank you BenjiRodney. I am aware of the new rules where you need to have 25 days sailing to get invited to the past guest party now.:)

I was responding to Gman0119 who said if it was still the old way the people with new cruises would be complaining because they couldn't get in because they didn't have 10 cruises.

It was my understanding that the old way you only needed one previous cruise to get invited to the past guest party, the old way.

I have 12 CCL cruises under my belt but have never attended a past guest party and really didn't pay much attention to the rules.

you were just trying to further confuse me weren't you?:p

My repution of being easily confused must be well known.:)

Bill

Thank you BenjiRodney. I am aware of the new rules where you need to have 25 days sailing to get invited to the past guest party now.:)

I was responding to Gman0119 who said if it was still the old way the people with new cruises would be complaining because they couldn't get in because they didn't have 10 cruises.

It was my understanding that the old way you only needed one previous cruise to get invited to the past guest party, the old way.

I have 12 CCL cruises under my belt but have never attended a past guest party and really didn't pay much attention to the rules.

you were just trying to further confuse me weren't you?:p

My repution of being easily confused must be well known.:)

Bill

Sorry not trying to confuse, if you get a chance go to one, I think you will like the food and the size of the drinks they serve now, easy to get a little toasted before dinner for free.

Have the rules changed since Sept? I had only 21 days of sailing at that time, that cruise being 22-28. I had the invite in my cabin when I boarded. My older sister (this was her 1st cruise) was allowed to go in with us too. This was Sept last year.

You can go if you get the invitation. Since the past guest part isn't until several days into the cruise, they may go ahead and invite you since upon boarding the ship you will be at 25 days.

I've heard, but not experienced yet that when you transition from one level to another during a cruise you are extended the next higher level benefits at embarkation.

When you look at your travel documents for your cruise are you Red or Gold?

I have 2 past cruises with 8 days each, this cruise coming will make 24 when I board, I really enjoyed the past party on ncl and was a little disappointed about not going since my sister and husband will be going that day.

I have 2 past cruises with 8 days each, this cruise coming will make 24 when I board, I really enjoyed the past party on ncl and was a little disappointed about not going since my sister and husband will be going that day.

I'm assuming it's your sister's husband (your BIL) that you're saying is going...?

You could try getting in with them...technically you wouldn't be allowed to go, but if all of you are talking in a group as the tickets are presented and continue to talk within your group, it just may work.

My frustration is when they changed their loyaly program..like someone else posted, you were gold then demoted to red. I have cruised carnival every year for the last 3 years and sailing again Sunday. The last two years, we were invited to the past guest party...but now we get that free drink that you have to get at a certain time AND certain location! In my opinion, it's not right to make people go backwards! There are plenty of perks that platinum and above get that red doesn't get, why couldn't they just keep it to where ALL past guests could go to the party???

Ok, so I have been reading all this about the new points and all. My husband and I went on 4 cruises in 2 years and were at all 3 of the past guest parties that were we invited to. We enjoyed the free apps and drinks and had a good time. I am sad that when we cruise in September we will not qualify. I understand they changed the program, but by doing so they are taking away one of the small perks you get as a repeat customer! We have 23 days right now which basically gets us a free drink somewhere. After this cruise we will hit gold status again. I say again since we had this status before they changed the program and now have to re-earn it. Oh well.

Archived