STOP PRESS - Flowrider restrictions lifted !!!

Clio1610

Well most of them..... ;)

I just recieved a very nice telephone call from a lovely lady in the RCI Executive office in Miami telling me that in response to my email to Adam Goldstein, she was happy to tell me that most (not all) of the Flowrider restrictions have now been lifted, she read out a list of the 'Can Do's' & the 'No Can Do's' - but I'm sorry Guys I couldn't write them down that fast :eek:...

She also said that they have now sent a directive out to all the ships that have Flowriders - but also that the Sports Staff can change these rules at any time...

So Good News for Flowrider Lovers I think !!!

Probably was holding up the line that or the chance of being hurt triples, even though you sigh a waiver.. Glad you kids can do your tricks.. I might try to stand up on it for the first time then lol that is tricky for me

who can we contact to find out the new rules?

how about an email or phone number?

thanks to all who contacted rccl!!!!

tony

Please do share the new rules if anyone knows them. I have e-mailed RCCL to ask about it as well and will post here if I receive a response.

I just received an e-mail outlining what can now be done on the Flowrider from RCCL after trying to contact Adam Goldstien directly. I receive a response less than 48 hours after sending my e-mail to them (impressive). I don't know what half of these tricks are, but I hope to see many people attempting them shortly....

Hi Russ, thanks so much for reaching out to Adam regarding your last cruise on Oasis. It is great to hear you have become such a big fan of the Flowrider. It is awesome!

Hello Russ,

Thank you for your email and for being both a Royal Caribbean fan and a FlowRider fan! We continue to balance the excitement and thrill of the FlowRider and the safety of our guests. Safety of our guests and crew is paramount to our company. We did tighten up significantly in the summer of 2012. In an effort to find the right balance, we have loosened the reins a little and I am pleased to see that word is getting out and everyone will look forward to a great time on the FlowRider.

As an example, tricks that are now permitted are sitting, 180 degree turn, facing opposite direction, lazy boy, drop knee, drop knee 360, layback, boogie shuvit, baseball catcher, 360, skiing, show pony, rail slide, basic ollie, pop shuvit, heel side stall and a toe side stall. Lots of fun tricks that we look forward to all our great surfing guests enjoy onboard!

Regards,

Associate Vice President, Guest Activities

Not sure I would know a trick if the boogie board hit me on the head, but on Allure last week it seemed as if the (mostly) kids were doing them. It also looked as if the staff employed tricks to speed up the line. If someone's turn was lasting a long time, they would suggest doing a trick, and that tended to get the rider up and over into the wipeout area in a hurry.

Was very entertaining!!!

And to this old lady, the FlowRider was absolutely awesome, although I did have around 45 years over most of the participants.

Archived