Warm Chocolate Melting Cake .. Something special?

Turbo6ta

No, it's not just you. (shudder) Others on my last cruise had the same opinion.

It probably didn't hurt for me to skip that dessert, though. I swear, we eat more dessert on one week's cruise than we would in an entire year at home. And most of it is amazing!

Oh, I know! My husband, who, like me, isn't a dessert person at all, had a field day with the sweets! I laughed every time he came back to the table after raiding the dessert buffet. I tasted a couple of his but primarily stuck to the soft serve ice cream and the sugar free desserts, especially the orange cake! Yummy!

Picture the 70's. Betty Crocker Easy Bake oven. Now picture a 7 yr old trying to make chocolate cake in it. Imagine she adds too much sugar and chocolate syrup, and the light bulb that cooks it is not the proper wattage.

Out comes a cake like hump with a soupy chocolate middle. It isn't terrible but it isn't great either. I rate it ----

2lxw13d.jpg

LOL! Excellent post! Well played sir.

The cheesecake in the steakhouse is pretty good, the rest onboard is just nasty. The room service chocolate cake is awesome!

Really? I didn't think it was any different in the steakhouse than in the MDR or at the buffet. Hmmm, maybe I'll give the room service a try on our next cruise.

[/b]

Oh, I know! My husband, who, like me, isn't a dessert person at all, had a field day with the sweets! I laughed every time he came back to the table after raiding the dessert buffet. I tasted a couple of his but primarily stuck to the soft serve ice cream and the sugar free desserts, especially the orange cake! Yummy!

I think the desserts in the buffet look a whole lot better than they are.

I learned my lesson after our first cruise. I gained 6 lbs., mostly from the desserts, but then it dawned on me they really weren't very good (not all, but most).

Now I taste, ... if it's not worth the extra calories, I don't eat it.

I think the desserts in the buffet look a whole lot better than they are.

I learned my lesson after our first cruise. I gained 6 lbs., mostly from the desserts, but then it dawned on me they really weren't very good (not all, but most).

Now I taste, ... if it's not worth the extra calories, I don't eat it.

Yeah, for the most part I agree about the desserts, but, I really did enjoy the SF orange cake!

I was pleasantly surprised to find I'd only gained 2 lbs on our 6 day cruise. I honestly thought it was going to be much worse because I couldn't get enough of the hot dogs! I'm not a big hot dog fan but, man, those suckers were good! :)

I love WCMC and always order it every night with 2 ice creams for the perfect ratio. On our last cruise when they brought it to me, my DS who was 3 said I want Mickey Mouse like you. He thought it looked like Mickey because the larger bowl was on the bottom and the 2 ice creams on each side on the top thus a Mickey head and ears. From then on our waitress would ask if we wanted Mickey Mouse again for dessert.

If you're a chocolate lover, it's the best!

The WCMC is a much bigger hit with the chocaholics than it is with those of us that aren't. For me, it's okay. I might have it once on a cruise. But, one of my all time favorites is Tiramisu. I would pass on WCMC any time for Tiramisu. My second favorite dessert is coconut cream pie. There's a restaurant here that has a similar version of WCMC. They call it molten chocolate lava cake.

The WCMC is a much bigger hit with the chocaholics than it is with those of us that aren't. For me, it's okay. I might have it once on a cruise. But, one of my all time favorites is Tiramisu. I would pass on WCMC any time for Tiramisu. My second favorite dessert is coconut cream pie. There's a restaurant here that has a similar version of WCMC. They call it molten chocolate lava cake.

Love the tiramisu as well!!

Anyone who is a serious chocolate lover, I advise ordering a small chocolate birthday cake from BV - even if it's not your birthday! I ordered one for my sister's anniversary (you can get one for any occasion) on a 3 day cruise and OMG it was awesome! But on a 3 day cruise we couldn't finish it all and ended up taking it home (it was too good to leave).

I hope they haven't changed it, because I was thinking of getting one for our June cruise. It's like a dense chocolate mousse - or like a flourless chocolate cake if you've ever had one of those.

OMGosh-YES!!!!!

I ordered one the past Sept on Triumph...not the HB one...surprised my friends with one that said Bon Voyage....but anyway, it was one of the most scrumptious things I've ever had in my mouth!!!!! :eek:

Hi Turbo6ta

IMO, one bite of your wife's warm chocolate melting cake will get you hooked...........I think it's worth every gram of fat and every calorie. I don't say that very often as most of the time I eat very healthy......the WCMC is my treat for never ever taking an elevator on a cruise!!!:)

OMGosh-YES!!!!!

I ordered one the past Sept on Triumph...not the HB one...surprised my friends with one that said Bon Voyage....but anyway' date=' it was one of the most scrumptious things I've ever had in my mouth!!!!! :eek:[/quote']

I had one in October 2012 and found it bland and dry.

What made it worse is that I was taking the leftovers back to the cabin and the waiter had put a plate cover from a seafood dish on top of it. The cake then had seafood condensation all over it and it STUNK to high heaven. I abandoned it in the hall outside my cabin door. I felt bad but omg...it was RUINED!

Hi my name is Aggiejade and I am a chocoholic!

I've been on one Carnival cruise and tried the WCMC on the first night and then the next and next and....wound up addicted!! I'm thankful there is no 10-step program for WCMC addiction.

I have to wait 8 months to feed my addiction again;) But so worth it!!

Ditto on the Dark Chocolate vs. Milk Chocolate. I tasted my wife's the 1st night and that was it. My wife, on the other hand, ordered it 4 of the 5 nights we were on the ship.

I usually ordered 2 of these, every night in my younger days. Now I can only take on one bite....a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!!:D

Archived