Please clarify 1st night discount in Muranos

Sailfish

I recently read a review that mentioned a 20% discount if you went to Muranos, one of Celebrity's alternative restaurants that costs $40pp, on the first night (embarkation day) of the cruise. The reviewer was on the Eclipse.

I will be on the Century in little over a week and we plan to dine at Muranos. I am hoping someone can chime in to verify that is a fleet-wide practice.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Suzi

I recently read a review that mentioned a 20% discount if you went to Muranos, one of Celebrity's alternative restaurants that costs $40pp, on the first night (embarkation day) of the cruise. The reviewer was on the Eclipse.

I will be on the Century in little over a week and we plan to dine at Muranos. I am hoping someone can chime in to verify that is a fleet-wide practice.

Suzi

My understanding this practice is supply & demand. If they have very few booked for Murano the first night you may find it may be buy 1; get 1 free type deal.

Normally, the first night the speciality restaurants are slow due to most people getting settle & trying to find their "cruisin rythem" so they use the 20% discount to entice customers for the first day. But if you are 4 days in & they still don't have people lined up; they will probably be offering the same deal or better. I think it's consistant among ships; but I don't think it is guaranteed.

I will be on the Century in little over a week and we plan to dine at Muranos. I am hoping someone can chime in to verify that is a fleet-wide practice....

It is not a fleet-wide practice. It is a cruise-specific practice and there is no way to predict in advance of your cruise. Sometimes the discount is 0% and other times I've seen 50% and everything in between.

Suzi

Hi Suzi,

There isn't a set policy. Generally, the first night, is weak for Specialty Dining, as most Guests prefer to dine in the MDR. That's why there may be a discount offered. As Porter mentioned, it's a supply & demand thing, and is revenue/availability driven.

The only way of knowing, is to check with the venue on Day 1 of your sailing. I hope this helps. Have a great time on Century !

We got an email offering the 1st Night discount for our Reflection Nov 2012 cruise well prior to the cruise. So if you haven't seen any info on it for your specific cruise, it might not be avail, or you'll have to wait until you get on board to check on it

One negative of booking a specialty restaurant on the 1st night is if you are early/late MDR dining at a set table, you won't see who (if any) are sharing the table with you, and your table location when all are there (noise/traffic issues?), and your waitstaff. It might be more trouble if you show up the 2nd night and want to change, when others have already changed prior or right after the 1st night.

Just a thought.

We had a table for 8 on one cruise. Seemed all OK, but one couple joined us on the 2nd night. They were late for 3 following meals (way late), he would then order 2 and 3rd helpings or complain and have anothe brought. It made dining very very long. After the 4th night of cancelling on desert because I couldn't stand waiting and waiting, we changed tables, but that took another night or so to find us an open table after everything was pretty set up.

Den

We booked our Mediterranean cruise for this May, way back at the beginning of last summer. Soon after booking, we received two offers of discounted specialty dinners. They came about two weeks apart. After the second one, I deleted both, thinking there would be more to come. At the time, I was far from thinking about where and when we would choose to dine. Now this thread has reminded me that we never received another offer. :(

Thank you all for the feedback; it sounds like we will know for sure when we get on the ship on the 17th. I know other cruise lines have promotions, but it's fleet wide. On Celebrity, the management on each ship probably has the lattitude to extend discounts based on revenue projections.

It would be good to know what to expect in advance of our cruise. But this is not a big deal either way.

Thanks again for the information.

Suzi

Archived