Wine in Blu

warmwinds

We're Elite and get the coupons for discounts on wine, and IIRC in the MDR they even had other wine deals - buy 3 or 4 bottles from a certain list (I believe there were 2 levels) throughout your cruise for discounted prices. Are those deals and coupons honored equally in Blu?

We did not dine in Blu on our last cruise but used Elite coupons in MDR and specialty restaurants. There was some discussion in Murano's that the 20% discount was for the MDR only. This was the 1st time we came across this but since the coupon did not specify MDR only the Maitre' D accepted the coupon. I don't know if this is a change in policy and we were given an old sheet of coupons. If they are changing the policy and your assigned dining is Blu I don't know why they would not accept the coupons. The 15% discount and specialty coffee may specify specialty restaurants.

We also do the build your own package (15% discount on any bottle over $75 as long as you purchase 3 or more bottles). We let each sommelier know we are doing this pkg and always have the 15% deducted regardless of the restaurant.

Mary Lou

The deal was not on expensive (over $75) bottles - it was on rather reasonably priced bottles - there was separate menu (folder) - one was called (I think) the Sommelier's List and one was called the Captain's list? They were bottles in the $30-50 range, and when you bought whatever the number was (I think 3 or 4) it was for a discounted overall price?

This was September 2011 on an M-class to Alaska.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Archived