Summit: "new" outside cabin

BuddyR

was that cabin quiet? The restaurant is righ above it. 3242 is more aft & near the elevators so more noise I think. Is that correct? 3044 is midship- we don't get seasick on cruise ships- only my on boat when we sailed it to Bermuda! so the midship is not a big concern. Aft is where the engine is & should be noisier.

We had 3112 on the Summit. It had a shower curtain. Location was fabulous, close to everything, very quiet cabin with no noise in the hall or from bathroom next door. This cabin is first in the new row but doesn't really provide any extra space expect maybe behind the cabin door.

Window is huge but wasn't very clean. Seating is hardly even a love seat, too narrow for 2 people.

Overall, we missed having a balcony and will not be booking again.

was that cabin quiet? The restaurant is righ above it. 3242 is more aft & near the elevators so more noise I think. Is that correct? 3044 is midship- we don't get seasick on cruise ships- only my on boat when we sailed it to Bermuda! so the midship is not a big concern. Aft is where the engine is & should be noisier.

I have stayed in both 3138 and 3142. Both are excellent cabins and the location is extremely quiet. 3142 was actually my favorite as you are separated from the main hallway by a door. Access to the aft elevators is so easy. Absolutely no noise whatsoever!

Personally, I would have stayed with 3142 (your original assignment) as you would also have the larger window, new a/c controls, new fridge (which actually keeps things cold) and fresh/new bathroom, as compared to 3044.

• Like 1

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the help with the cabin- I had no idea there was a door so you didn't hear the elevator or that it had a new bathroom & larger porthole. I'll talk to my husband & see if we can switch back if possible. Why does these cabins have a larger porthole, new bathroom- were they add ons? The restaurant is right above it- did you hear that at all? No other noise either? That's great.

And no problem with movement being so far aft?

We were on a cruise to Alaska which hit a gale storm- 95% of the passengers were sick. I felt queasy & I usually don't get seasick. The passengers aft said they couldn't even sleep there & slept inside midship. The cruise line even closed going outside because the weather was so bad.

So I try to be careful where I book

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the help with the cabin- I had no idea there was a door so you didn't hear the elevator or that it had a new bathroom & larger porthole. I'll talk to my husband & see if we can switch back if possible. Why does these cabins have a larger porthole, new bathroom- were they add ons? The restaurant is right above it- did you hear that at all? No other noise either? That's great.

And no problem with movement being so far aft?

We were on a cruise to Alaska which hit a gale storm- 95% of the passengers were sick. I felt queasy & I usually don't get seasick. The passengers aft said they couldn't even sleep there & slept inside midship. The cruise line even closed going outside because the weather was so bad.

So I try to be careful where I book

Page 1 explains this block of cabins. They were add-ons. Since the area used to be conference rooms, the windows are very large.

We booked 3112 for an upcoming cruise based on comments on CC.

Having a new (er) cabin and large window was big for us.

These look like they are between the mid and aft elevators, so they aren't in the very aft of the ship.

We'll be in 3112 on summit in May for the 3rd time. Great stateroom, and love the private passageway where they are located. We always walk back to the aft elevator when heading to the Oceanview Café -- less crowded.

Wow that window is huge. Think it pays to switch back then or go with 3044? Thanks for sharing the pic

Having stayed in 3112 on Millenium, I'd have no hesitation in booking any of those cabins 3112 - 3144. New cabins and such a large window it's the next best thing to a balcony. 3142 isn't far aft. I'd definitely try to move back from 3044

Edited by suekay

The cruise line assigned us to cabin 3142 but I was afraid that was too far aft. Now they gave us 3044 but I am concerned we would get the noise from Michaels lounge there. Any suggestions?

Hi, I know the new cabins have bigger windows....but just to let you

know, Michael's is now only for suite guests and those Capt's Club

folks who have reached the highest level....it is not usually noisey at

all in there and many times, it is totally empty.

Hi, I know the new cabins have bigger windows....but just to let you

know, Michael's is now only for suite guests and those Capt's Club

folks who have reached the highest level....it is not usually noisey at

all in there and many times, it is totally empty.

Besides that, 3044 is on the starboard side below the Photo Gallery, and Michael's is on the port side.

I didn't know that about Michaels lounge being for very frequent travelers as this is this is our first cruise on Celebrity- have been on 8 other cruises with different cruise lines.

I did know the lounge was to port and the cabin to starboard but still worried about the noise. So thanks for letting me know it's not too noisy.

We decided to keep cabin 3044. Hope that's a good one!

We are looking forward to our first cruise on Celebrity!