Question about RCCL cabana placement on Nellie's

luckyprincess

Hello! So I booked an OTW cabana for us for Labadee. I plan on being close to the first person off the ship so I can get the best cabin for us. We don't want to be on the beach at all, and like privacy. I'm thinking the cabana with the ladder into the ocean would be best. Does anyone know what numbers they would be so I could request? Also does anyone know if the water is very deep there? I can't swim so I want to make sure I'm near a shallow end or bring a life jacket. Thanks!

No, they don't assign them until you get there. We asked to make a change to the one next to ours in January (we had 'on the beach' at Nellie's) and were told no. We were the first there so I don't know if you get a choice. There was another ship coming in that day so maybe they were assigned to the second ship. It wasn't a big issue.

Having said that - YOU WILL LOVE IT. It was a good day.

No, they don't assign them until you get there. We asked to make a change to the one next to ours in January (we had 'on the beach' at Nellie's) and were told no. We were the first there so I don't know if you get a choice. There was another ship coming in that day so maybe they were assigned to the second ship. It wasn't a big issue.

Having said that - YOU WILL LOVE IT. It was a good day.

Thanks I can't wait!!

Have heard there is a difference between the cabanas on Nellie's beach and Barefoot Beach (the suite beach). For the suites you are assigned a cabana prior to getting to Labadee, but for Nellie's it is first come first served.

There is a great thread from a few weeks ago with pictures of the Nellie's beach OTW cabanas with them all numbered. It sounded like the one with the ladder goes into deeper water, but not sure of how deep.

Post #11 has the numbering

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883

but lots of other great info as well

Have heard there is a difference between the cabanas on Nellie's beach and Barefoot Beach (the suite beach). For the suites you are assigned a cabana prior to getting to Labadee, but for Nellie's it is first come first served.

It wasn't that way in our case. We were one of the first off the ship and the first at Nellie's. We had two reserved and they did not give us a choice - I asked to change and they said no.

But as I said, it wasn't a big deal.

Archived