Gluten-Free & International Cafe

fireflymd

For those of you who have to eat Gluten-Free, which items were you told were gluten-free in the International Cafe?

What I noticed is that they have at least one gluten free dessert in the case along with a breakfast item marked gluten free.

What I noticed is that they have at least one gluten free dessert in the case along with a breakfast item marked gluten free.

Thanks for responding! I'm hoping those who have actually tasted these items will respond as well. It's nice to have a heads-up before bringing a child with Celiac into the International Cafe.

I don't have Celiac, just gluten sensitivity. I didn't really find much in the IC, which btw~~I love.

Seating is usually at a premium there, as it's very popular.

Foodwise, the MDR is the best bet for gluten free. Dining crew always had me order my lunch and dinner the day before so they would have everything on hand.

Pat

For those of you who have to eat Gluten-Free, which items were you told were gluten-free in the International Cafe?

Took a cruise on the Caribbean Princess last fall and had a room just outside the International Cafe. The breakfast selection was all pastry, unfortunately. However, the rest of the day they always had some gluten-free treat available, and the salads always had something without pasta/bread.

That said, my gluten sensitivity is relatively mild - cross-contamination does not generally affect me. If you are highly sensitive, you may have problems.

I don't have Celiac, just gluten sensitivity. I didn't really find much in the IC, which btw~~I love.

Seating is usually at a premium there, as it's very popular.

Foodwise, the MDR is the best bet for gluten free. Dining crew always had me order my lunch and dinner the day before so they would have everything on hand.

Pat

Took a cruise on the Caribbean Princess last fall and had a room just outside the International Cafe. The breakfast selection was all pastry, unfortunately. However, the rest of the day they always had some gluten-free treat available, and the salads always had something without pasta/bread.

That said, my gluten sensitivity is relatively mild - cross-contamination does not generally affect me. If you are highly sensitive, you may have problems.

Ah, this is what I was afraid of. Someone posted pictures with one item that was gluten-free: a strawberry mousse with meringue. It's a shame that most of the salads have pasta or bread or croutons. At least they are trying with the one GF item to display.

Does anyone know if the cashew chicken salad is gluten free. I loved it on the the last cruise I took that had an IC but that was before I had been diagnosed with Celiac.

I was told by the staff it was, and ate it with no problems. That said, your sensitivity may vary....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We will be on the Coral in March and I have celiac. I will let you know how the food is as soon as I get back. There is a new IC on the Coral so I am hopeful for a few GF items.

Oh, that would be great! Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing your experience.

Archived