How far out do you book your room?

e71465

We're sailing on the Crown in December 2013. We're flying from California, so we need to fly in a day before. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale but it's almost $200 a night (it's usually $145. So how soon do you book your room? Do you think the cost is high because I'm looking to book so far in advance? What do you think?

:confused:

We're sailing on the Crown in December 2013. We're flying from California, so we need to fly in a day before. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale but it's almost $200 a night (it's usually $145. So how soon do you book your room? Do you think the cost is high because I'm looking to book so far in advance? What do you think?

You shouldn't have to pay in advance so you can book to guarantee the room and then check online for changes in price and then have them adjust when you see a reduction.

You can also book and use http://backbid.com/ and allow other hotels to bid on your stay and see if something better comes up.

We are sailing on the Royal in November 2013 out of Fort Lauderdale, also flying from California and need to be there a day early. I haven't booked anything yet because rooms seem particularly expensive right now. I'm just waiting to see a good sale with a perk from one of the big online booking companies (Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, etc.) or will book directly with the hotel and just rebook if prices drop. I'm not sure if they are so high because of it being early or if rates always stay around that range because of cruise traffic and Florida beaches.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a hotel between/close to the Port and airport? We would like to stay within the $100-$200 range.

We are sailing on the Royal in November 2013 out of Fort Lauderdale, also flying from California and need to be there a day early. I haven't booked anything yet because rooms seem particularly expensive right now. I'm just waiting to see a good sale with a perk from one of the big online booking companies (Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, etc.) or will book directly with the hotel and just rebook if prices drop. I'm not sure if they are so high because of it being early or if rates always stay around that range because of cruise traffic and Florida beaches.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a hotel between/close to the Port and airport? We would like to stay within the $100-$200 range.

Hyatt Place on 10th. 4 long blocks from the port.

Right next to the Embassy Suites and all the necessary shopping.

The LaQuinta in Hollywood is very close to the airport, and is closer to $100 than most, and in addition has low price transportation to the ships. We have stayed there many times and find it very satisfactory

The Holiday Inn on 17th Street is clean and very close to the port and it has a free shuttle to the ship. Also the Hyatt on 17th Street is nice and close but I can't remember if they offer a free shuttle.

I think the prices are high because I'm looking so far in advance... I'll keep checking prices.

Same thing happened to us last Christmas out of San Diego. I reserved the room at Holiday Inn right across the street from the cruiseship terminal - started out at about $200 per nite. Kept checking throughout the year and the room wound up being $130 nite. Book directly with the hotel and don't prepay and just keep checking (I do this with the cruise itself as well to jump on any price reductions)

I checked today for the dates you are requesting and if you are a member of AARP the rate at LaQuinta in Hollywood was only $94.50.

Thanks...we are not eligible for AARP yet but I did notice Travelocity is running deals today.

Archived