Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Yes, I am saying Carnival is lying about the fact that they have restored the use of toilets. My father is on the ship and has been texting me - only 15min ago he stated that the toilets are still not working.

So I suppose the Coast Guard is lying too :o

According to an e-mail from Petty Officer 3rd Class Richard Brahm of the U.S. Coast Guard, the Coast Guard Cutter Vigorous arrived on the scene last night at 12:45 a.m. EST. As of 6 a.m. this morning, Carnival Triumph's freshwater system is back up and operational. Additionally, the sewage system has been restored to the forward section of the ship but is still down in the aft portion. Onboard engineers are continuing to work on the aft sewage system

It is obvious to me that some people here need to just stop cruising because this could very well happen on ANY ship with ANY cruise line! Obviously, the "sky is falling" people here that think this is the absolute worst thing imagineable would not be prepared for or could handle such an event.

Yes, I am saying Carnival is lying about the fact that they have restored the use of toilets. My father is on the ship and has been texting me - only 15min ago he stated that the toilets are still not working.

Did you tell your Dad the information that is being posted here about which toilets are now operational? Maybe he hasn't gone looking the the right area of the ship.

So you are saying that Carnival is lying about the fact that they have restored use of many public and stateroom toilets?

I always find it interesting that people sitting in their homes thousands of miles from events like this feel that they know more than those directly involved.

Lyinig, no, but prior to that is likely that many pax had to go in bags. Further, the midday update stated that toilets had been partially restored. So it is quite possible that many pax onboard still don't have access to working toilets.

The above is based on multiple accounts from pax posted in this thread.

Carnival has no reason to lie about the toilets.

Stabilizers would not have any effect on a ship adrift. I have been on cruise ships that have lost all power (no, not a Carnival brand) and sea sickness was not a problem. It is amazing how much noise cruise ships make and the silence when they are dead in the water. Amazing star gazing at night, too!

I love to find the best thing in any situation (perhaps my mentality of being a Firefighter Paramedic) and I think that as long as I had an aft wrap and was not with my wife, (cause she would never cruise again) I think I would like the adventure of being on this ship during this situation.

And how many people do you think are fortunate enough to be in aft wrap cabins? I'm sure the thrill of the "adventure" has worn off for everyone on that ship by now.

Thanks for sharing the facts from someone actually on board. Sorry you had to be flamed by all the Carnival can do no wrong defenders

So I suppose the Coast Guard is lying too :o

It is obvious to me that some people here need to just stop cruising because this could very well happen on ANY ship with ANY cruise line! Obviously, the "sky is falling" people here that think this is the absolute worst thing imagineable would not be prepared for or could handle such an event.

Exactly, well said!

Thanks for sharing the facts from someone actually on board. Sorry you had to be flamed by all the Carnival can do no wrong defenders

Who flamed anybody ? Looks to me like people are flaming carnival. But you probably don't see that right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The few first hand experiences we have been getting are good, but they only tell the story from that person's pioint of view. Since we only have about 4-6 of these, and there are 3000+ people on board the view is very narrow.

Granted the number of views posted is small relative to the number of pax onboard. But it doesn't take many of those to build up a picture of what's going on, if they are consistent with each other, make sense, and are based on things directly observed by that pax.

No, by you saying carnival and the cost guard are lying, is being negative. I'd like to see that txt though, can put up a screen shot for us. ? BTW, I haven't been listening to the media

I never said the coast guard was lying. The poster was saying I was lying about me saying my father said that there was no toilets available for use. I was simply stating what he said - I would believe him over what Carnival issues in their press release. Just because they say they have some toilets available doesn't mean that passengers can use them. I did not have a chance to tell him that Carnival said they were operational - the other ship must have left and he lost service as I haven't gotten any more messages in a little while. I do not have to prove myself to you or anyone else, I was just trying to help people who also have family aboard since Carnival doesn't seem to be giving up to date DETAILED information. I have no idea how to post a screenshot and choose not to do so.

Last night only February sailings had been taken down. This morning the first three weeks of March sailings were gone also. None of them were sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for that update, Mere. A smart move by them finally. Taking it out for 2 sailings without knowing what obstacles they might encounter along the way, and then trying to rush it along to get the other sailings off on time is a big part of what put them in this situation to begin with, imo.

Deleted

Okie, please do not stop posting. Put the ones attacking on ignore. As said before, I hope your parents are okay considering what they are enduring, and I hope you are okay as well, as I am sure you must be very concerned. The ability to charge these fones once they die is going to be another problem for them. I feel so terrible for them, and for you and all of the other posters and people elsewhere who have family onboard and who may not be able to get an update from them if their fones die.

Thoughts and prayers that the tug is there and is en route.

Is Triumph showing up on Radar? Anyone try to find the ship's position to see if it moved? I'm gonna go look...

I never said the coast guard was lying. The poster was saying I was lying about me saying my father said that there was no toilets available for use. I was simply stating what he said - I would believe him over what Carnival issues in their press release. Just because they say they have some toilets available doesn't mean that passengers can use them. I did not have a chance to tell him that Carnival said they were operational - the other ship must have left and he lost service as I haven't gotten any more messages in a little while. I do not have to prove myself to you or anyone else, I was just trying to help people who also have family aboard since Carnival doesn't seem to be giving up to date DETAILED information. I have no idea how to post a screenshot and choose not to do so.

Lol, ok good enough. But if you say carnival is lying, then you would have to assume the cost guard is to, they both said toilets were working

I am finished posting updates. You have no clue what is going on. You choose to listen to the biased media who will spin a story any way that they please. I, like the other members who have family onboard, was trying to share and receive info on how my loved ones are doing. There is no point in being so negative.

Please continue to share updates...i don't read the negative posts and look over the fighting back and forth posts because i really don't care what most of them have to say honestly. I have a friend/coworker that I "thought" was sailing Elation only to later find she's actually on the Triumph :(

She sails often and usually out of NOLA so my assumption was incorrect...so please, ignore the ignorance and keeps us, that genuinely care about the passengers/crew informed of any facts possible. Thanks so much, and my prayers are with all involved.

I am finished posting updates. You have no clue what is going on. You choose to listen to the biased media who will spin a story any way that they please. I, like the other members who have family onboard, was trying to share and receive info on how my loved ones are doing. There is no point in being so negative.

I hear you. I am sure the current situation on board is not what constitutes a good vacation. It's really awful that your father and other cruisers are stuck on that drifting ship.

I am sure Carnival right now is doing it's best for the cruisers. They have to. It's not like they have a choice not to. And I wouldn't be surprised that Carnival's report of the situation is erroring on the rosy side. But unfortunately even their best right now might be too little, too late.

• Administrators

Please keep things civil.

This means no harassing other members.

A tip: try eliminating the word "you" or "I" or similar in your posts.

Stick to the issue; don't address the individual.

Laura

Archived