Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

I'm just too lazy to write my own posts so I used this handy-dandy form post to save time. But I'm also too lazy to make my [selections].

My time is much too valuable to go through these 150+ pages to see what has been asked and answered, but I don’t understand why it isn’t so obvious to everyone what the problems are, what the solutions are, and why they have/haven’t been taken.

Obviously, Carnival ignored the problems with the Triumph’s [engine/propulsion system/sanitation] and had no concern at all for the passenger’s [safety/mental health/physical health]. They should have anticipated that there would be a [fire/lack of electricity/river of sewage] and planned accordingly – why they didn’t have a [tow package/backup fire suppression system/solar-powered cell tower] is incomprehensible and possibly [unethical/immoral/criminal]!

And their lack of concern for the passengers aboard is abominable. There’s no valid reason why they shouldn’t have [sent another ship to pick up the passengers by ziplining from deck to deck/dropped all the lifeboats and made the trek back to Galveston/used helicopters to move everyone from 200+ miles out to sea]. It’s not that hard to transfer passengers from ship to ship – I know because I [am an expert on open-sea maneuvers with dead-in-the-water craft/watched a show on TV about it once/stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night].

I don’t believe a word that Carnival says anyways. I’ve seen the news reports, and I don’t care that [the last apparent contact with passengers was Monday and the updates by Carnival concerning repairs have been more recent/the media loves to sensationalize the reports from a few without getting all of the facts/almost every “story” on TV, the Internet, or posts in forums is filled with hypotheticals, conjecture, and assumptions]. I mean, can you believe that Arinson was at the Heat game last night? It’s almost like [he doesn’t care that passengers are suffering/he can’t personally affect anything at the moment/owns the team].

And how dare you other posters [claim Carnival doesn’t care/claim Carnival cares/express even a halfway-cogent thought or polite comment]? It’s obvious you know nothing compared to [me/anyone agreeing with me/anyone disagreeing with me]. Carnival has done nothing but [lie, spin, and cover up/ignore the internet masses clamoring for information/provide whatever information is available]. Obviously ALL of the passengers are [hoarding food and flinging feces like primitive primates/no doubt suffering from smells and sights but hanging in there/just wanting to get home safely to their families and loved ones]. Carnival should offer more compensation too – at least [pay for lost wages/pay for another cruise on another line/send Carnival staff to fill in for a week at each passenger’s place of business so another vacation can be taken].

Anyways, all of those passengers should be grateful that [Carnival bothered to put out the fire/they are on a cruise ship instead of at work, no matter how bad the circumstances/the thoughts and prayers of most are with them for a safe journey home]. No matter what, they will now all understand the importance of [having a passport/the importance of martial arts in queuing for food/travel insurance].

Don’t bother replying to my post because I won’t [believe anything you say/respond back (except really I will because I have to have the last word)/be able to accept another point of view].

Yes, I do know it's another failed attempt at humor. No, I don't care. :D

From the as if things aren't bad enough department:

The pax are going to have get a little closer together on the inside of the ship for the last part of the transit. If you take a look at this radar loop (note, live so it will be different tomorrow)http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=MOB&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes They are going to have to deal with some pretty heavy rain at some point. Likely during the overnight period. In theory, they could stop a little further offshore to prevent from hitting this in the overnight hours. Not sure how this will affect things.

I wonder if those who have suites have any benefits now? I wonder if those who are getting NORO or other complications from the conditions on board are feeling OK with the decisions that have been made.:mad:

Let's see-- they have at least one tug there......I'm betting they could have enlisted more tugs and stabilized the ship for an evacuation and used a couple tugs to transport people to the 'other' ship or ships. NO they don't use the tenders! What's wrong with that plan? My guess is $$$$ How about a reaction to the stuff that happened here rather than just waiting until they 'get' to Mobile or wherever they land. That shows an appalling lack of corporate leadership in an opportunity to lead. I can see the Carnival Emergency handbook. In case of emergency......drift, float, or get pushed into the harbor that leadership wants you to land in. So reassuring................:eek:

If I offended you or anybody else I sincerely apologize. Maybe haters was to strong of a word to use.

No prob, ky, really. Everybody is just a little bit wound up right now, like myself who just essentially lost my vacation we had planned. I just can't handle the cheerleading at the moment.

Lets just keep our thoughts with the CT passengers & crew, and wish them Godspeed getting home safe and sound. I am dubious about CCL, but their employes, the crew, are awesome folks, and are undoubtedly doing their very best to serve under a very difficult situation.

Again ky, its all good.

The problem is the snowball effect. At some point even the cheerleaders begin to see the cracks and put down their pompoms. Based on posts on this forum, I'm seeing it happen already.

I'm wondering, what exactly is your agenda here? I'm guessing 1 of 2 things. You are either simply enjoying stirring the pot or you have something to gain by a fall in Carnival's stock price.

I don't think the reference to how Carnival dealt with the situation was related to compensation. I assume they meant that with the ongoing troubles this ship has had on recent cruises, it should not have gone out to sea again without being certain it was fully repaired.

Of course, for all we know this was an entirely unrelated problem to what has recently been plaguing the ship. Time will tell. But being related seems the more likely guess at this point.

I haven't read all the post on this thread. The ones I have read have more to do with people bickering about petty stuff than any real info being given out. It's why I haven't been on this board in a while!:mad:

Can anyone tell me how the people on board the ship are doing? Do they have food and water? I feel so very sorry for what they are going through. I hope everyone gets home safe and well.

I'm also sorry for all the people that were hoping and looking forward to cruising on the Triumph. I cruised on her in 2009 or 10, can't remember right now, and had a wonderful time. She was one of my favorite ships I've been on because of her unique interior design. Hope they can fix her up good so that she's safe for sailing on again because I have always hoped to do so.

I'm just too lazy to write my own posts so I used this handy-dandy form post to save time. But I'm also too lazy to make my [selections].

Yes, I do know it's another failed attempt at humor. No, I don't care. :D

Arison going to Heat game and last line are by far the best... I enjoyed that post

I wouldn't apologize if I were you...there are people coming from the other boards just to put in their two cents. They like a reaction. I think a better word would be troublemakers.

If I offended you or anybody else I sincerely apologize. Maybe haters was to strong of a word to use.

Update on Carnival Triumph February 13' date=' 2013 – 2:30pm EST

We are mobilizing approximately 200 people to be on the ground in Mobile to support the Carnival Triumph’s arrival and guests’ travel home.

We are currently finalizing travel arrangements for guests from Mobile.

[b'] Carnival Triumph guests were given the option of boarding buses directly to Galveston or Houston, Texas, or to spend the night in a hotel in New Orleans, where they could rest before flying out on private charters the next day.
[/b]
Carnival will cover all travel related and incidental expenses.

Carnival has reserved and arranged the following: approximately 100 motor coaches; more than
1,500 New Orleans hotel rooms
; multiple charter flights from New Orleans to Houston on Friday; and transportation from Houston to the Port of Galveston so that guests may retrieve their cars if they drove to the port.

There are 3,143 guests and 1,086 crew on board.

Upcoming Voyages

Carnival Cruise Lines has also announced the cancellations of 12 additional voyages of the Carnival Triumph. The 12 cancelled cruises, which encompass sailings from Feb. 21 through April 13, 2013, are in addition to two previously cancelled voyages scheduled to depart Feb. 11 and Feb. 16.

I would think most would want to stay in a CLEAN hotel and SHOWER before heading back home. :rolleyes:

Are there no hotel rooms in Mobile? :rolleyes: C'mon Carnival...seriously.

The problem is the snowball effect. At some point even the cheerleaders begin to see the cracks and put down their pompoms. Based on posts on this forum, I'm seeing it happen already.

Again, the POTENTIAL financial consequences from this accident have already been accounted for in the share price. Yes, it very well could go lower. 5, 10 15% lower as, obviously, the stock price is set and determined by speculation os share holders and mutual funds. This is not a break the company situation. It will cost. The stock price is and will continue to suffer. But it isn't going anywhere. Willing to bet my upcoming cruise on that.

I think I'd jump overboard. It seems that being picked up by the USCG and spending a few days on a clean ship with working toilets and hot food, it might be worth the court date. At that point I'd plead temporary insanity. I can't imagine any jury disagreeing.

Yes, but are you so sure anyone would want to save you:eek:

Can anyone tell me how the people on board the ship are doing? Do they have food and water? I feel so very sorry for what they are going through. I hope everyone gets home safe and well.

Conditions have greatly been debated as the time since the last interview/text is 2 days or so... As for food/water, they have enough on board and are distributing it. Not sure how quickly it will get out, but there is enough food and water and no one is at risk from starving

Now this seems like a more reasonable post....

I'm sorry your trip was affected, I would be upset too.

I am no cheerleader, but I have always been treated well by Carnival and I will continue to plan cruises with them. My comments are based on my experience. I guess we can all wait to hear all the facts when everyone gets home.

No prob, ky, really. Everybody is just a little bit wound up right now, like myself who just essentially lost my vacation we had planned. I just can't handle the cheerleading at the moment.

Lets just keep our thoughts with the CT passengers & crew, and wish them Godspeed getting home safe and sound. I am dubious about CCL, but their employes, the crew, are awesome folks, and are undoubtedly doing their very best to serve under a very difficult situation.

Again ky, its all good.

Are there no hotel rooms in Mobile? :rolleyes: C'mon Carnival...seriously.

You may want to re read the post

Carnival is giving the pax a choice of a hotel room and chartered flight or

The long bus ride

Based on current live data from the tug, they may be waiting off shore for morning. They are currently not moving.

http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/Resolve-Pioneer-7528843.html

Would think based on the cell phone map with oil rig coverage they also should be in a service area. So we should start hearing from people.

To the suggestion of cancelling another cruise, can you honestly say that if you had a cruise planned, waited months to go, booked airfair, arranged for the dog sitter, bought your new clothes and were basically packed up and on the way you would be OK with them cancelling your cruise to accomodate another group of cruisers? It would cost Carnival twice as much, because basically they would have to offer you the same deal as the "rescued" cruise passengers. I feel sorry for the folks on board but let's face it &*^% happens. Ask the people who were in Cozumel when that crazy hurricane sat on the for days, and I am sure there are hundreds of vacation stories that people can tell that apply. But that suggestion would just not work.

I think I'd jump overboard. It seems that being picked up by the USCG and spending a few days on a clean ship with working toilets and hot food, it might be worth the court date. At that point I'd plead temporary insanity. I can't imagine any jury disagreeing.

I spent 3 years 11 months and 23 days on a sister ship the Vigorous.....I'd hang with the Triumph..... just saying

Going to a softball game in the rain....go Escambia Gators...See ya computer cruisers later!!

billd

Archived