Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Ok they had a rough time, was not the vacation they were expecting.

But they are getting compensation for it.

They did not starve, and from the pictures does not seem as bad as all the hype about it. Media have been making sound as if they were all going to get disease, have long term mental problems, ect

Was probably hard for some of the younger & older ones, who take medication, ect.

But I would not even be on a ship if I was very old and ill.

No worst than Woodstock back in the day

I think the Pax's who had balcony's did not have nearly as bad a time as those who had lower deck cabins, thats why there are such different opinions on CNN

We book balconies so we have our own little space

On a cruise like this Im thinking that balcony was invaluabe

Still really bothering me that people are describing conditions are "deplorable" and "unbearable". Please people, these folks are on a cruise boat that is probably cleaner than most folks homes. Cold sandwiches and a few days without a shower do not constitute deplorable conditions. Go to Africa and watch a young child drink fecal infested water and sleeping on a dirt floor day in and day out. Now that is deplorable. To the OP that stated his wife was on board and hurt her back. I'm sorry that she got hurt, but if she slipped and fell on the ship and there were no other problems it would be a non issue. People slip and fall all the time on a cruise boat. The decks get wet when it rains or when they are cleaned. Sick of the media blowing this out of proportion....

I truly hope you work for Carnival and are getting paid to post like this. I would despair to think that this actually was indicative of your empathy, reasoning powers, or moral compass.

These passengers did not pay Carnival to provide them with cruising conditions only slightly superior to rural Africa. They did not pay to have to traverse urine besottted carpeting, smell fecal matter and vomit, or wait hours in line for food. Tney did not pay Carnival so that they could sleep on deck chairs or pee in showers or smell human waste in hallways. Now I don't know your housekeeping standards or anyone elses, but these certainly aren't the way I live or my neighbors. Norwould most of us PAY to experience a vacation where Carnival provides us with such a nauseating experience.

Of course,all of you who live with fecal matter coursing through your home hallway....and stench in your homes and a scarity of food, may find his just like HOME. For the rest of us, we say it IS deplorable and our hearts go out to these passengers.

Unless YOU live like this with urine in your carpets and overflowing toilets and stench everywhere in your home...AND LIKE IT...it is unfathomable that you can say anything is "blown out of proportion." Your hurtful comments are nonsensical and only tell us about the poster NOT those passengers.

I think the Pax's who had balcony's did not have nearly as bad a time as those who had lower deck cabins, thats why there are such different opinions on CNN

Agreed, that seems likely. The lower levels are always more likely to experience sewage issues as the upper decks drain down past them, and that's probably no different here.

All of these photos must have been photoshopped!

The head of Carnival said all the public restrooms were working along with half the cabin restrooms. He and all the Carnival deniers said the reports of having to poop in bags was false. All the Diamond VIFP's and other Carnival worshipers said the media was sensationalizing everything and it wasn't as bad as people ON THE SHIP were saying. Now we are getting pictures and video. Funny how those deniers have gone quiet now huh?

What do you know, people on the ship actually know more than people NOT ON THE SHIP as far as what the conditions on the ship are. Go figure. That's a real head scratcher huh?

The sad thing is that there appear to be equally vocal people on both sides.

To the best of my knowledge Carnival never claimed that all public restrooms were working. They did say in a statement on the 11th that most public toilets were working. When asked at a press conference about this it was quickly established that the number was more than half and less than all.

Listening to the various interviews with passengers is really enlightening. It appears that for some things were as bad as the worst conjecture in this thread. Yet others have much more positive outlook. One even suggested that the media was over sensationalizing the conditions aboard.

Ok they had a rough time, was not the vacation they were expecting.

But they are getting compensation for it.

They did not starve, and from the pictures does not seem as bad as all the hype about it. Media have been making sound as if they were all going to get disease, have long term mental problems, ect

Was probably hard for some of the younger & older ones, who take medication, ect.

But I would not even be on a ship if I was very old and ill.

No worst than Woodstock back in the day

Ahh a voice of reason.

This is exactly how I feel. And the guy that was just on CNN (a passenger calling in from the ship) said it's not as bad as the media is making it out to be.

Then Wolf Blitzer still says "horrible conditions". What the eff, Wolf??! Someone who is ON the ship said it's not that bad, that they've been eating well, that they opened the bars two days ago and offered free beer and wine, and that the only real big issue was bathrooms for a while. I swear to god in journalism school, they teach a class on how to BS the news.

Unbelievable the comments being made. People have slipped and are hurt, they have lived several days in horrible conditions and yet there are still people making negative comments about passengers. Again, unbelievable!

Why don’t you go back and re-read the post I quoted before slamming me? If that post wasn’t made with malice, I have a cruise ship to sell to you!! It’s ALWAYS unfortunate when someone gets hurt, it’s unfortunate what these people have been through, but, slipping on a wet deck on a cruise ship HAPPENS ALL OF THE TIME!!!!!! It’s not a phenomenon that it “just happened” to happen on this ship.

wow, a wet deck, couldn't have possibly have happend on any other ship, I'm certain! Have you phoned your lawyer yet? :rolleyes:

For your information.....My wife slipped in an interior corridor due water seepage down the walls...

I didnt post this for any other reason than for information for the polite, curious readers here...one of which you are obviously not!

I'll say what I said a few days ago ... out of all the lack of empathy expressed on this thread, the charges of outright fabrication are the worst.

It was obvious that when multiple CC users post pax accounts saying the same thing, that they are credible.

If a person thinks that everything posted here is likely a fabrication then they are wasting their time on CC.

I agree completely

For your information.....My wife slipped in an interior corridor due water seepage down the walls...

I didnt post this for any other reason than for information for the polite, curious readers here...one of which you are obviously not!

I quoted your post. You said wet deck/floor --- did you not? Interior corridors aren't decks, last I checked ;)

The sad thing is that there appear to be equally vocal people on both sides.

To the best of my knowledge Carnival never claimed that all public restrooms were working. They did say in a statement on the 11th that most public toilets were working. When asked at a press conference about this it was quickly established that the number was more than half and less than all.

Listening to the various interviews with passengers is really enlightening. It appears that for some things were as bad as the worst conjecture in this thread. Yet others have much more positive outlook. One even suggested that the media was over sensationalizing the conditions aboard.

And apparently you still are trying to spin things and can not admit you were wrong to question all the earlier reports of the deplorable conditions onboard

What happen to the tug RESOLVE PIONEER? I noticed it is two new tugs, Hawk and ROLAND A FALGOUT

It looks she is finally entering the bay

The original Tug had some type of gear problem. They swapped them out then the tow rope broke and had to be replaced.

Tow gear broke a few hours ago. Had to be replaced with another tug.

Either broke or they replaced the ocean tug with a tug that is more appropriate for the harbor waters and the delicate steering that will be needed.

Agreed, that seems likely. The lower levels are always more likely to experience sewage issues as the upper decks drain down past them, and that's probably no different here.

Most of the time that would be true as we all know Stuff rolls down hill

BUt on the Radiance a few years ago the upper decks we had sewage issues but not the lower.

But that didnt stop us from sailing on her again

Quotes from a passenger according to deadspin:

"Literally stranded at sea. Using plastic bags to bathroom and NO ELECTRICITY.

the toilets that fell off the wall because they were so full and **** and urine floating around.

Two people were banging in my tent the first night and I watched I was so bored.

Food hasn't been a huge issue, but it's not good. Jelly & bread and zucchini & red onion sandwiches.

Some lady was SELLING Immodium.

Woman died yesterday of a heart attack.

They closed the bars Sunday when the fire happened. Luckily I brought a flask. And Ambien.

They won't let us outside because people are holding up sheets with messages. The first three nights we slept outside under tents made out of our bedsheets. They made us come in. They said safety reasons but it's not.

Today they cleaned the hell out of this ship, served LOBSTER FOR LUNCH, crew is wearing matching hats.

Y'all better be enjoying your Valentine's flowers while we're defecating in red plastic bags.

People are spelling "HELP" with their bodies. Our theme song has been Alicia Keys: "This Boat Is On Fire."

We are going 1mph."

I wonder how much of this is tongue in cheek.

Why don’t you go back and re-read the post I quoted before slamming me? If that post wasn’t made with malice, I have a cruise ship to sell to you!! It’s ALWAYS unfortunate when someone gets hurt, it’s unfortunate what these people have been through, but, slipping on a wet deck on a cruise ship HAPPENS ALL OF THE TIME!!!!!! It’s not a phenomenon that it “just happened” to happen on this ship.

Really ??? you should be ashamed of yourself. A gentleman posts his wife fall because of the horrid conditions onboard and you question and flame him as a money chaser

have you no morals or conscience?

Archived