Onboard credit posting

bludevil

hi,

I am trying to apply an onboard credit I received from a problematic cruise to an upcoming cruise. I called Royal and followed their instructions to email the details about what they called a certificate.

I emailed and received a confirmation email that they received it and will process it in the order it was received. The email also said not to email them again.

My questions are, how long does the processing usually take and will I receive a confirmation email once it is already done?

Thanks!

hi,

I am trying to apply an onboard credit I received from a problematic cruise to an upcoming cruise. I called Royal and followed their instructions to email the details about what they called a certificate.

I emailed and received a confirmation email that they received it and will process it in the order it was received. The email also said not to email them again.

My questions are, how long does the processing usually take and will I receive a confirmation email once it is already done?

Thanks!

Not sure if you will receive a confirmation. In any case, I'd wait a couple of weeks and request Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. The OBC will show up on this document once is it posted to your booking. You request this document from Royal or your travel agent if you used one.

I had the same kind of certificate. I went to apply it at final payment time. I was told that I had to mail it in, and it would be applied as a credit back to my credit card. I had to pay the cruise fare in full.

It has been a month, and no credit on my CC yet.

:(

I would think that 9 times out of 10 everything works out ok. My suggestion would be to make copies of all communications you have had with them (if on line) or memos of voice communications and bring them with you. Kind of like an umbrella...if you have one you won't need it.

Good luck.

Archived