Cabin assignment???

winncruiser

In the past I was assigned a gaurantee cabin long before sailing time, but my last two cruises have been far different. In both Nov 2012 and Jan 2013 I was assigned a cabin with about 5-7 days before sailing. In Nov I got a pretty large upgrade on the Island Princess and in Jan on the Pacific a small one.

I'm not sure if Princess has changed when they assign cabins but they sure kept me in suspense for these last two. You will have a cabin on the ship and hopefully will win the upgrade game :)

See the bottom chart on this page. My research has indicated that assignments are typically made either...

• within a few days of booking
  • around final payment time (75 days out)
  • within 20 days of sailing

If you are 3 or 4 travelling however, thats a whole different story, and its unlikely that you were able to book a gty anyways.

I will be on Ruby Princess this coming Sunday (Feb 17). No cabin assignment as yet. I have received assignment in past as late as at the pier. Not worried, just very curious.

We are on the Sapphire departing this Saturday (Feb 16) and like you...still no room assignment. Also not worried but curious. I did go ahead and print luggage tags since we are flying down a couple days early. We will just write stateroom in when we know. I guess it is kind of like checking into a hotel, we may not know until we get there.

Just noticed I received my cabin assignment for the Feb 17 cruise. Yeah ---assigned the large handicap cabin. Love those (luckily I am not handicapped). Nice to have all the extra space and larger bathroom. Worth the wait

Just noticed I received my cabin assignment for the Feb 17 cruise. Yeah ---assigned the large handicap cabin. Love those (luckily I am not handicapped). Nice to have all the extra space and larger bathroom. Worth the wait

Enjoy your extra room. Just checked and nothing yet. Would be nice to get a bigger or upgrade.

My wife & I did the guarentee level booking on the Ruby Jan 20 - I thought we wound up with a fantastic room (Baha B418) mid-ship 4 rooms from the central elevators on the starboard side - we booked through through the Princess Booking line. (the agent even called when we got back to see how we like the room - nice touch)

It is my understanding you will receive an assignment as the level sell out. Our cruise was "over booked" (they were calling passingers the day before offering some terrific deals to "bump-off" this cruise) so we received our room assignment a lot earlier than do most people.

We booked the category in early November and received our assignment late December. I was very skepitcal about doing this, but as it worked out, we did pretty well... In talking to others on our cruise, they got about the same deal, so i would do it again... I did n ot hear of anyone getting "stuck" with a sub-par room (not sure if there are any bad ones in this category anyway...)

Enjoy the ship, she is a beauty!!! the crew is fantastic and the experience was the best cruise we have been on to date (this was number 5)

I'm just jealous now...

Cliff in Cinti

I booked a balcony guarantee cabin on The Ruby which is departing in less than a month. I have yet to receive my cabin assignment. I have never booked a guarantee before so I wanted to ask you experts when I should expect to hear from Princess? Thank you!

We booked a last minute deal on the Crown the 1st week of Jan. Got a gaurantee balcony 7 nights for $700 per person. Thought that was a heck of a deal. Then we were assigned an aft balcony two week later. WOW! I couldn't believe it! We have chose the aft before the cost was double. I will do last minute deals from now on.:D I understand we will not always get this room. But as long as I have a balcony, I am good.:o

As someone who's handicapped, it would be interesting if Princess ever offered guaranteed handicapped cabins. I wouldn't mind booking an ocean view cabin then get upgraded to a handicapped balcony or even to a mini suite!! I admit I can't afford a balcony or higher on my limited income, so an upgrade would be the only way I'd get one.

For Jdm, I hope someone who needs a handicapped cabin can still cruise even though you took one of the relative few cabins available to us.:confused:

I don't know what a guarantee is?

When we booked online (from Australia) we had to select the cabin we wanted from a deck plan. I would like to be open to upgrades, is this still possible for us?

Ive book Gty cabins with Princess via phone in Australia and also through travel agents,

You dont get a cabin asigned just a guarantee that you will have a cabin and at a minimum level as the one you have booked.

My past 2 cruises with Princess I had a gty BF and both times ended in midship BA, I have also received an upgrade from inside to Balcony.

The fun is checking each day to see if its happened yet.

Ive book Gty cabins with Princess via phone in Australia and also through travel agents,

You dont get a cabin asigned just a guarantee that you will have a cabin and at a minimum level as the one you have booked.

My past 2 cruises with Princess I had a gty BF and both times ended in midship BA, I have also received an upgrade from inside to Balcony.

The fun is checking each day to see if its happened yet.

Oh ok... that wasn't an option when we booked online we had to explicitly select a cabin. All good though, I'm sure the cabin we selected will be fine if we now aren't open to upgrades. :o

For Jdm, I hope someone who needs a handicapped cabin can still cruise even though you took one of the relative few cabins available to us.:confused:
JDM's cruise is in five days and they were just assigned the accessible cabin, so apparently it was not booked by someone needing it.

As GEOHERB wrote regarding my being assigned a handicapped cabin just five days before sailing. It is common practice for Princess to release these cabins to those who booked as a guarantee just a few days before a cruise since cabin wasn't requested by a handicapped person. Happened to me before and I'm sure it will happen again. Happened to the couple we travel with last September when we cruised together. Cabin is at same category as I booked the guarantee. It is not considered an upgrade, though I am thrilled to have the extra space.

I am sure if at the last last last minute (less than these five days before sailing) a person requiring a handicapped cabin somehow was able to book a cabin on this sold out cruise, Princess would make concessions and the cabin I was just assigned would be changed with a possible upgrade.

Why would you post a bit of guilt towards this poster who simply booked a GTY and then got assigned an accessible cabin through no choosing of their own? It would appear that this sailing did not have many passengers booking accesible cabins.

Archived