Just Got the Valentine's Day Special E-Mail

greeneg

It doesn't make any difference to me here in the United States. I find that raising prices with essentially no added value ( despite various marketing attempts at deception) don't induce me to look very hard.

If I understand the sale correctly, it applies only to selected sailings, not to all future sailings. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct. Per the terms and conditions, the Valentine's offer applies to the following sailings :

Valid voyages: Journey 7/21/13, 7/28/13, 8/04/13, 9/21/13, 10/01/13, 10/08/13, 10/19/13, 10/26/13, 12/09/13, 1/06/14, 1/21/14, 1/21/14, 2/03/14, 2/17/14, 3/03/14, 4/15/14 and Quest 8/07/13, 8/28/13, 9/14/13, 9/21/13, 10/09/13, 10/16/13, 10/23/13, 11/02/13, 11/13/13, 11/26/13, 12/08/13, 12/20/13, 1/05/14, 1/15/14, 1/29/14, 2/10/14, 2/18/14, 3/04/14, 3/16/14, 3/27/14.

Here's a link to the promotion : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/2013-valentines-day-special

No sign of it in the UK, looks like it will be Celebrity this summer.

Hello Mugwood and other International Azamara Followers -

I've learned that the Valentine's sale is being offered in the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK markets. However, the UK sale doesn't start until Thursday, February 14th.

As you might remember, I usually mention that there are different rules of engagement in our global market. Policies vary by markets based on local laws, business customs, and competitive forces; therefore, we are not able to implement all of our programs globally in order to achieve consistency across markets. This fact explains why we don't have a global brochure and that the UK, Australia and Frankfurt offices have their own websites. For example, in Germany, any promotion printed in the brochure must be available for the life of the brochure. It is NOT straightforward. Another challenge concerns technological differences. For example, ChoiceAir is a technology based tool available only in North America. Actually, it's more appropriate to say that we're speaking to a world of differences.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you onboard Azamara this summer.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Yes, that's correct. Per the terms and conditions, the Valentine's offer applies to the following sailings :

Valid voyages: Journey 7/21/13, 7/28/13, 8/04/13, 9/21/13, 10/01/13, 10/08/13, 10/19/13, 10/26/13, 12/09/13, 1/06/14, 1/21/14, 1/21/14, 2/03/14, 2/17/14, 3/03/14, 4/15/14 and Quest 8/07/13, 8/28/13, 9/14/13, 9/21/13, 10/09/13, 10/16/13, 10/23/13, 11/02/13, 11/13/13, 11/26/13, 12/08/13, 12/20/13, 1/05/14, 1/15/14, 1/29/14, 2/10/14, 2/18/14, 3/04/14, 3/16/14, 3/27/14.

Here's a link to the promotion : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/2013-valentines-day-special

Thanks so much for clarifying the promotion and its dates. This is helpful information and food for thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is there any way for a previously booked passenger to take advantage of this offer?

Hi CintiPam,

Unfortunately, I think the answer is no. According to the Terms & Conditions, it states "New Bookings" : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/2013-valentines-day-special

Here's the verbiage :

2013 Valentine's Sale is valid for new FIT bookings only for all Azamara Club Cruises listed below. New bookings must be made between 11-FEB-2013 and 15-FEB-2013 and must have required deposit paid by the end of business on 18-FEB-2013 to qualify for the offer. Offer applies to Club Oceanview or higher categories only.

With that said, I'm a huge believer in "it never hurts to ask". I wouldnt expect it, but it's worth a phone call to your TA or Azamara if you booked direct. Good Luck !

Hello CintiPam and others-

As Host Andy suggested, "it never hurts to ask." I've checked with our call center team and they are suggesting that you have your travel professional call the Azamara Call Center to inquire if their booking would qualify for the new promotion.

As a point of reference, I have been responding on the forum to guests who have made an onboard booking that in most instances they would be eligible to add the new offer at the prevailing rate that is in effect at the time the promotion is introduced into the marketplace to their previously booked onboard reservation.

So I strongly suggest that you (if you booked direct) or your travel professional call the Azamara Call Center to check your eligibility.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

As Host Andy suggested, "it never hurts to ask." I've checked with our call center team and they are suggesting that you have your travel professional call the Azamara Call Center to inquire if their booking would qualify for the new promotion.

As a point of reference, I have been responding on the forum to guests who have made an onboard booking that in most instances they would be eligible to add the new offer at the prevailing rate that is in effect at the time the promotion is introduced into the marketplace to their previously booked onboard reservation.

So I strongly suggest that you (if you booked direct) or your travel professional call the Azamara Call Center to check your eligibility.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks, Bill, will do; our booking was made onboard in October so we should qualify.

As Host Andy suggested, "it never hurts to ask." I've checked with our call center team and they are suggesting that you have your travel professional call the Azamara Call Center to inquire if their booking would qualify for the new promotion. ....So I strongly suggest that you (if you booked direct) or your travel professional call the Azamara Call Center to check your eligibility.

I had done that when I first got the email. My TA heard back from Azamara with a "NO", and, not only that, I couldn't cancel and rebook!

We are in the same situation, having booked back-to-back cruises while on Quest in December. I am skeptical that my TA will have any luck, especially after reading Azevedan's posting above. I now have two cruises on which others will get a total of $1000 OBC and we will likely get the back of the hand--in addition to not getting an Azamazing Evening on one of them. I will not be happy if my TA comes back empty-handed.

I contacted my TA when I saw the "Valentine" posted here last week. She called Azamara immediately. Azamara told her it was for new bookings only. My TA reminded her/him that I could cancel and rebook another cabin. Azamara replied "if you do that we'll take away the $500 OBC". This infuriated my TA. My TA then called her rep. Rep said she would get back with her. Six days later after my TA had called many times the rep had an answer. However I had to reply yea or nay immediately. Here was the deal. I would rebook at today's price which is $200+ pp higher. Azamara would then give me the OBC on the new booking. I would net $100. I said NAY. It isn't really $100 because the higher the price your cabin the more insurance and deposit you have to make. I would have saved $14.

Don't waste your time.:(

I had done that when I first got the email. My TA heard back from Azamara with a "NO", and, not only that, I couldn't cancel and rebook!

Is the current price higher than the rate you booked? I thought Larry Pimentel stated all new promos would be honored at prevailing rates.

We are in the same situation, having booked back-to-back cruises while on Quest in December. I am skeptical that my TA will have any luck, especially after reading Azevedan's posting above. I now have two cruises on which others will get a total of $1000 OBC and we will likely get the back of the hand--in addition to not getting an Azamazing Evening on one of them. I will not be happy if my TA comes back empty-handed.

Same question on whether the rate is the same as when you booked (not including the book on board discount).

My understanding is if for example the rate went up $100.00 per person, you should be able to pay $200.00 more for the $500.00 OBC, or more reasonably Azamara should just give you $300.00 OBC.

The cruise we are on does not have the promo.

Were you able to get the $500.00 OBC applied?

Archived