Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

srvdmy4usn

I believe we are going to stay at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach for a day or two prior to our September cruise on the Allure. My mom will be traveling with us and she has enough points to get us some free nights, so I can't complain about the price!

Anyone have any experience with this hotel?

I believe we are going to stay at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach for a day or two prior to our September cruise on the Allure. My mom will be traveling with us and she has enough points to get us some free nights, so I can't complain about the price!

Anyone have any experience with this hotel?

Yes. This is a very nice hotel. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. They include a complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. There is a very casual bar restaurant just off the lobby. Food was moderately priced as were the drinks. Food was good.

They have a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport. They also will shuttle you (complimentary) to nearby restaurants/shopping.

They provide a shuttle to the cruise port for a per person charge. Don't quote me, but I believe it was $8 pp.

Yes. This is a very nice hotel. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. They include a complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. There is a very casual bar restaurant just off the lobby. Food was moderately priced as were the drinks. Food was good.

They have a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport. They also will shuttle you (complimentary) to nearby restaurants/shopping.

They provide a shuttle to the cruise port for a per person charge. Don't quote me, but I believe it was $8 pp.

Thanks for the info!

We plan on taking advantage of the free shuttles, but we will probably cab it to the port. From what I can find I think that would be the cheaper, and probably more convenient choice for 8 people.

Is there something in the area that could entertain kids (7-14 years old)?

Thanks for the info!

We plan on taking advantage of the free shuttles, but we will probably cab it to the port. From what I can find I think that would be the cheaper, and probably more convenient choice for 8 people.

Is there something in the area that could entertain kids (7-14 years old)?

Yes, there is a Dave and Buster's very close by. Most 7-14 year olds I know love that place.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
How far is this hotel from Hollywood beach?

This is a very old thread you have posted on.....Don't confuse Hyatt Place just off 17th Street and next to the Publix shopping center with the Hyatt in Dania Beach...not the same at all.;)

This is a very old thread you have posted on.....Don't confuse Hyatt Place just off 17th Street and next to the Publix shopping center with the Hyatt in Dania Beach...not the same at all.;)

May I ask, what is the difference between the two Hyatts?

We are att he Dania location because that's where I could stay for free with my points...I have friends staying on Hollywood beach so that's why I asked how far it was...

I assume you checked both Hyatt Place locations using points? I was able to book my next 2 stays at the 17th Street location for 8000 points.

I haven't checked recently... They didn't have anything available in April. I will go check now. Thanks for the info. Is this hotel closer to Hollywood Beach?

The best way to see where a hotel is located is to bring up googlemaps and enter Hotels near Fort Lauderdale. You can see that the Dania location is not near the beach. I've never stayed there but if you call the hotel you could ask what the options are for transportation to the beach (unless you are renting a car). This location is closer to Hollywood beach than the other. If your friends can pick you up even better. :)

If you switch to the one on 17th you can take the trolley to Ft. Lauderdale beach. It's $1 one way or $3 for an all-day pass.

Edited by iluvcruzin

I haven't checked recently... They didn't have anything available in April. I will go check now. Thanks for the info. Is this hotel closer to Hollywood Beach?

The best way to see where a hotel is located is to bring up googlemaps and enter Hotels near Fort Lauderdale. You can see that the Dania location is not near the beach. I've never stayed there but if you call the hotel you could ask what the options are for transportation to the beach (unless you are renting a car). This location is closer to Hollywood beach than the other. If your friends can pick you up even better. :)

If you switch to the one on 17th you can take the trolley to Ft. Lauderdale beach. It's $1 one way or $3 for an all-day pass.

If you stay at the 17th Street Hyatt Place you are a 1 mile walk or a Sun Trolley (http://www.suntrolley.com) ride to the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com) stop at the Hilton Marina hotel. There is a 5 stop water taxi route that terminates in Hollywood Beach. Obviously this is a longer and more expensive means of transportation than just taking a cab or Uber but much more interesting should you have the time and budget!

Hyatt Place not located on 17'th Street but at 1851 SE 10'th Ave. in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. Nice location, nice venue.

True and the hotel has the most convoluted official name I've ever seen: Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center. As you said, the hotel is actually located on SE 10th Avenue. The Convention Center is about 3/4 mile away and 17th Street is about 3 blocks away.