Will 18 yr old be allowed in Club O2 if still in High School?

LivetoVaca

Another idea would be to have ages divided from 13-15 and then 16-19. It's not uncommon for a 16 year old girl to date a 19 year old guy. I'm in my 20's, harmless, and still enjoy shooting hoops, shooting the breeze, or talking sports with teens, male or female.

I agree that a 16 y/o dating a 19 y/o isn't an issue (although there are so many parents out there that are sue happy that they will press charges against this 19 y/o and give them a sexual offender record for the rest of their lives - and most these parents that do this, I can guarantee are those that dated well above their age group). Now I will admit, I have a 15 y/o daughter (she will be 16 in June, and will have just finished her Sophomore year of high school) - I do not want her dating a 19 y/o (not not, not at 16 ... at 17 maybe). She also finds the teen club lame and boring. She will usually go in for ONE or TWO activities a day (usually one around lunch and one after dinner), then she spends the rest of her day hanging out with me - she really hates it at the teen club, she says the activities planned are things that middle school kids would do, and half the time whatever is scheduled isn't what is done - usually the kids sit in their little cliques and chat or make out with each other (yes folks, I said it ... when the counselor decides to just let the kids do whatever and isn't around, the kids are making out with each other ... it really is like high school at these clubs).

I have a son who is 18 (he is in his Senior year of high school - turned 18 in December). We will be cruising in June, so of course he won't be able to go into the club. For him, he is perfectly ok with this ... he refused to go in to the club last year or the year before because he said the activities were "lame" and it was boring in the club - he found people to hang out with on the ship, and they hung out around the ship together not going into the lame activity club. Now I have read from John Heald that Carnival is working on putting something together for the age group of 18-20 since it seems to be the age group that is "left behind". I don't think there will be something as early as our cruise, but it's a good idea all the same. I have also read on other threads that sometimes the ships will take one of the night clubs and during a couple of hours each night it will be set up for this age group specifically (under 18 can't get in nor can 21 and up). I told my son about this possibility and he said "if there are hot girls in there I'll go, otherwise, forget it". I laughed at this.

As for the ID issue at an adult club. I don't know. Last cruise (my son was 17-1/2) he went to the adult comedy show (not with us, with a friend of his). Neither were asked for their ID. I'm sure some of you are going to have words for me, but seriously, those comedians aren't talking any different than kids do at school, or a Rated R movie (which at 17, you are old enough to get in to).

I have an 18 year old son. He has been allowed on the last 2 cruises, after he turned 18 to go to Club O2. It is up to the Club director. That was on the Inspiration in September and the Splendor in December.

Go to the director and speak with them directly.:)

Edited by Litewait

Last spring break on the Freedom, my daughter was an 18 year old high school senior. The Club 02 director had a long line of parents/kids the first night seeking exception.....both boys and girls that were 18 and still in high school as well as 14 year old high school freshman girls. All were allowed. Will depend somewhat on demographics on a particular sailing..... of the 900+ kids on-board there were only 25 or so in the 15-17 age range and not all of those wanted to be part of Club 02.

My daughter was very thankful for the exception. The last place she wanted to be was in the dance clubs with adults. (creepy old drunk dudes...her words...) She has been on the receiving end of unwanted attention since about age 13.

Take the high school IDs and ask. The worst they can say is no. And if that is the case..... the boys can sit outside Club 02 the first night.....If they are denied...there will be others also denied entry. Our experience has also been that older siblings of Club 02 kids happen to wander around that area the first night also looking for others doing the same.....

Good luck!

• 3 years later...

I'm going on a carnival cruise march 18 and I'm 17 and my friend will be 18 at the time will he be able to go and hang in club o2 with me because to be honest I wanna make lots of friends and I hope he can get in with me anybody please let me know thanks

I'm a senior in high school same for him

The 18 year old will not be allowed in Club O'2. They do however check the ID's of those under 18 years old. I was on the Miracle last month and the ship's security officers were at the entrance checking the IDs of anyone who looks young, even those in their mid to upper 20s.

I'm going on a carnival cruise march 18 and I'm 17 and my friend will be 18 at the time will he be able to go and hang in club o2 with me because to be honest I wanna make lots of friends and I hope he can get in with me anybody please let me know thanks ��

I'm a senior in high school same for him

It depends. No one can tell you for certain. If they do tell you for certain, they are blowing a whole lot of BS up your fanny. Don't believe it.

My daughter, at 18, handled it herself. Found some friends, waited until day 2, and then walked in w/o issue with them. She talked to the Club 02 director about everything under the sun except her age. He really didn't care. This was this past summer.

Other directors may be real sticklers but they are likely few and far between. Most directors want the kids on the ship to have a great time.

I also agree that 18 year olds in HS or just out don't need to be hanging out with 21 year olds. :D But it all comes down to parenting.

What magical transformation happens to 18 year olds the summer after high school before they go to college or work?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Carnival Paradise (17) and there was this dance group that performed on the ship. Well one of the younger sisters of this group was 14 and a whole fuss was made about her not being able to hang with her sisters. So the mom for an hour is pleading her case and they eventually caved in. I think there was also a kid on there who turned 18 on the cruise and they allowed him to stay at the club

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival's policy is crystal clear, although as many have pointed out, the director can and clearly does make exceptions.

Here's Carnival's official policy, in part:

"Note: As legal adults, 18 year olds are not permitted to participate in or use the Club O2 facilities or any other Youth Program facilities. This rule applies to all 18 year olds regardless of situation."

You can check out the full page here.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1067/~/club-o2-(teens-15-17-years)

I just found another thread that answered part of this question regarding the 18 yr old being allowed in the teen club. Still curious about how intense the carding is for the adult clubs.

I think that was my post that you were reading. My son is going to bring his school ID with him. I figured it won't hurt to ask once we are on the ship. If the answer is no, it's not a big deal because there is plenty to do. I'm not sure when you are cruising, but if it is after we do, I will let you know what they said. :)

It should note that this question was originally asked 4 years ago.

Things have changed in 4 years.

HA!!! I didn't even read when the date the post was done. I should have read through all the threads before I answered! LOL

Arpie05 - I totally agree. I originally posted the question and was so put off by some of the responses that I have decided to never post another question on these boards. I just wanted to know what everyone's expereince was on allowing a 18 yr old boy still in high school into the teen club, not their personal opinion on the matter or parenting advice. I feel like everyone thinks the 18 yr old boys, who are still in high school and go to school with kids as young as 13 everyday, are some sort of child molesters. I am more concerned about putting a high school aged boy in the bars and clubs with all adults who are often drunk. Anyway, I appreciate the helpful responses and will ignore the rest. I am sure we will have a great time on our cruise and the boys will find plenty to do.

LOL I'd be more concerned about the 15-16 year old boys with my daughter... those hormones are RAGING at that age and some will do and say ANYTHING to get what they want!!

fortunately, my 13 year old daughter had ZERO interest in hanging out in the teen club. We had a great time doing karaoke (almost every night) and laughing it up on deck doing goofy things and trying to draw attention to ourselves!

she got into the Carnival "our cruise" video on the last cruise we were on... several times actually LOL. We brought along some bright pink mustaches (call out to Markiplier!!) and during one night's Karaoke, we missed the cut off for signing up... so she stood at the top of the stairwell behind the singers and danced while they sang. At one point she took a break and came back down to ask me if I'd recorded it. When I said I hadn't, she went back up there to start again so I could record... in my recording, you can hear the CHEER rise up from the crowd when she came out and started dancing again :-) and then at the end of the Karaoke, the MC even did a call out to her "lets here it for our dancer!" LOL It was amazing and funny and a GREAT memory!! We'll be talking about that one for years... :-D