Grand Suite on the Jewel

I am booked in a Grand Suite on the Jewel. In looking at the viritual tour it appears that the TV is pretty far away from the bed (not that I plan to watch TV exclusively) and it does not appear to be a big screen. Can you actually see the TV from the bed? I do plan to have a few leisurely days of R&R.

Do not know about the Jewel, But don't think they can be that much different.

We were just on a GS on the Indy and Liberty. The TV set up was between the 2 sliding glass doors and it swilived so it could be seen from anywhere. Also big enough

I know in the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm a bit disappointed. We just booked Brilliance in the fall and we love to lay in bed and watch a movie to wind down, or watch the news in the morning.

Maybe it is the angle of the photo above, but it sure looks like a long way! What are others thoughts as to how this works? I heard the TV's are not that large either - unless they upgrade them during the upcoming refurb!

I know, I know... shouldn't be worried about watching TV from the bed but hey, its a vacation and I'm no spring chicken so need some down time! LOL

Debinnova

I know in the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm a bit disappointed. We just booked Brilliance in the fall and we love to lay in bed and watch a movie to wind down, or watch the news in the morning.

Maybe it is the angle of the photo above, but it sure looks like a long way! What are others thoughts as to how this works? I heard the TV's are not that large either - unless they upgrade them during the upcoming refurb!

I know, I know... shouldn't be worried about watching TV from the bed but hey, its a vacation and I'm no spring chicken so need some down time! LOL

Debinnova

We had GS 1036 on Brilliance last October the TV is mounted high on the wall in the corner by the sliding glass door. We had no problem viewing the TV.

We had a GS on Jewel and had no trouble watching the TV. It was mounted on the wall between the living room/bedroom and swivelled.

They must have learned from their mistakes when they built Serenade and Jewel. On Radiance and Brilliance they are mounted in the far corner.

Debinnova

I agree with you. Everyone goes on a cruise for different reasons. I want to have the option of laying in bed watching Tv or doing other activities as I see fit. I hope my GS has a wall mounted TV inbetween the 2 rooms or I may have to lay at the foot of the bed. This may be one time that I will have to make sure to have my glasses with me. I will make the best of whatever situation I find myself in.

Archived