Island Escape 30th April 2013

Foxylady211

Hi booked this cruise ,just my husband and I, we are hoping to do Rome as its always been a dream of mine and interested in booking Rome in Limo for their Highlights tour ,anyone else going and would be interested.

We normally go on cruises with friends and are doing Carribean in December

this cruise is to celebrate significant birthdays and Wedding Anniversary

Love to hear from anyone:)

Hi there Rubbish (sounds rude saying that!!) :)

It is quite straight forward to do Rome on the train if you fancy that..(12 euros return each)..we've done it twice now...but you do need to be fairly fit as there will be walking....let me know if you would be able/willing to do it yourself and I'll give you the details.

I haven't been on any excursions (private or ship) to Rome so can't help I'm afraid. Have you tried looking in the 'ports' section of this site? :)

Thanks Jenny for your response,the problem is I have Rheumatoid Arthristis and suffer quite a bit with walking, friends of mine have done Rome in Limo and say its just the job for me,problem is its quite expensive for two that's why I wanted to know if anyone else would be interested.The log in name came from after trying too many times to get a log in only to find everything was already taken which I thought was a bit Rubbish!:)

hello again Rubbish!:D....I think the ship will do an 'easy Rome' trip where they take you around all the sights on the coach which would probably suit you and also be cheaper than the limo! Not sure if the excursions are on the Thomson website yet but might be worth having a look and see what choice there is.:)

You'll find a lot more info on Thomson forum about this. I would do a search or post on there.:) We'll have to call you R, as opposed to RR, I don't like calling anyone Rubbish.:eek:

Jan

hi I think it would be easier to change my member name as it appears to be a problem for everyone,I did search Thompson site first but no one seems to do any posts for I.E, but I will try again when I have my new member name .

Thanks for your response :)

Thanks Jenny for your response,the problem is I have Rheumatoid Arthristis and suffer quite a bit with walking, friends of mine have done Rome in Limo and say its just the job for me,problem is its quite expensive for two that's why I wanted to know if anyone else would be interested.The log in name came from after trying too many times to get a log in only to find everything was already taken which I thought was a bit Rubbish!:)

Hi, :) if it were me having trouble coming up with a name I would probably give up too and end up calling myself something really strange like "ToHellWithItAll" :D:D

I'm going the week before you...have you tried Thomson roll calls section?

hi barnow1950,thanks for your input

I have looked at the shore excursion with Thompson but they do not stop anywhere.I want to go into the Collesseum and the Vatican, Rome in Limo have tour shares , which means because they are smaller than a coach they can get in each site as near as possible cutting down the walking distance,they now say that I can join another ships tour if I want to so if I do not get any interest from my thread then thats what I am going to do.Hope you have a great time the week before ,Happy cruising :)

• 2 months later...

we did Rome last year....went on train....my wife has arthritis..........and i have bad feet..at times ... due to diabetes......walk to station was too far for my wife...but a taxi to station from ship is not much..and saves your feet...bought a train ticket and tour ticket..all in one..very cheap..(about 12 euros each..return).....open top tour around Rome..(does not go past Trevi fountains)......picked up open top tour bus next to Vatican.......you can walk from station to Vatican..about 10-15 mins..DEPENDING ON HOW FAST YOU CAN WALK....but you can get a bus from station to Vatican and back

I only booked this cruise two days ago....as a short break....have not been this early before...but hope with it being cooler it wont be so tiring in Rome...went in July last year..very tiring..yery hot

flying from Gatwick on 30th April...bit of a bind as we are in south wales......but all Cardiff /Bristol flights full

Thanks for your response,gave up looking to see if anyone else was going on this trip,managed to get a private tour for Rome including lunch and Vatican tickets decided to do this with style, we have a shorter journey to Gatwick bit of a pain for you though,see you onboard:)

Archived