Shops in Pompano Beach

LuckiStac13*Majesty*

There is really nothing worth stopping for as far as shopping in Pompano Beach. Unless you are looking for Florida specific souvenirs, then there are some shops along A1A (Wings, etc.). Otherwise you are better off either going to Fort Lauderdale as there is much more variety.

As far as restaurants in Pompano Beach, on Atlantic Blvd, there are two restaurants worth visiting: Gianni's, an excellent Italian restaurant (west of A1A), and Houstons on the west side of the drawbridge, located on the Intracoastal, and is great for outdoor dining. On A1A there is Seawatch seafood restaurant with ocean view dining. The restaurant is a bit overpriced for just average food, but it has been remodeled and it is nice on the outside deck with an ocean view.

There is really nothing worth stopping for as far as shopping in Pompano Beach. Unless you are looking for Florida specific souvenirs, then there are some shops along A1A (Wings, etc.). Otherwise you are better off either going to Fort Lauderdale as there is much more variety.

As far as restaurants in Pompano Beach, on Atlantic Blvd, there are two restaurants worth visiting: Gianni's, an excellent Italian restaurant (west of A1A), and Houstons on the west side of the drawbridge, located on the Intracoastal, and is great for outdoor dining. On A1A there is Seawatch seafood restaurant with ocean view dining. The restaurant is a bit overpriced for just average food, but it has been remodeled and it is nice on the outside deck with an ocean view.

Thanks. We are staying in Lauderdale but wanted to drive up north and see some different areas. Thanks for responding!

I sometimes go to Pompano to eat at Brother Tuckers, Gianni's, Houstons, Romantico Ristorante, or Seawatch. There isn't much else and it's not known for its shopping. There are a few store that sell souveniers on A1A near Atlantic Blvd. If you drive a few more miles up A1A you'll come to Deerfield Beach. There are a few restaurants and shops just past Hillsboro Blvd, and it's a cute area to walk around. I love JB's on the Beach.

While the shopping isn't much and the closest restaurants to the beach haven't been mentioned by others (Briny Irish Pub and Frank's Italian Restaurant), if you are in the area do stop by the beach for a swim or a stroll along it and out on the 1,000 foot fishing pier. The beach is very wide and even on a busy day not too crowded. A major renovation was recently completed of about a 5 block area centered around the pier. The walkways and landscaping are lovely and facilities have been renovated and/or added.

While the shopping isn't much and the closest restaurants to the beach haven't been mentioned by others (Briny Irish Pub and Frank's Italian Restaurant), if you are in the area do stop by the beach for a swim or a stroll along it and out on the 1,000 foot fishing pier. The beach is very wide and even on a busy day not too crowded. A major renovation was recently completed of about a 5 block area centered around the pier. The walkways and landscaping are lovely and facilities have been renovated and/or added.

Have they added any public parking? I once tried to go to Briny but couldn't find a parking spot in the neighborhood.

I sometimes go to Pompano to eat at Brother Tuckers, Gianni's, Houstons, Romantico Ristorante, or Seawatch. There isn't much else and it's not known for its shopping. There are a few store that sell souveniers on A1A near Atlantic Blvd. If you drive a few more miles up A1A you'll come to Deerfield Beach. There are a few restaurants and shops just past Hillsboro Blvd, and it's a cute area to walk around. I love JB's on the Beach.

Sharon, thanks. We are actually planning on driving up probably through at least Deerfield Beach, so that gives me some ideas. I will just stop there instead of in Pompano.

I really like LBTS and we'll be eating at Village Grille a few more times, but was hoping to come across another area sort of similar. I like more of the "mom and pop" type places.

Thanks as always..I see the weather this weekend will be cooling down. Hopefully by next Friday it will be warmer! Staying at the Cocobelle.

Thanks! I hope it will be warm and sunny next weekend, so I can swim!

Sharon, any idea if JB's ever has Calyspo/Reggae music during the day on weekends? Place looks very nice, I'm interested. Just wondering if you've ever seen that.

Have they added any public parking? I once tried to go to Briny but couldn't find a parking spot in the neighborhood.

There is parking along the entire redeveloped area of Pompano Beach Blvd and a new public parking lot right across from Briny and Frank's as well as the one opposite the pier next to the Library.

There is parking along the entire redeveloped area of Pompano Beach Blvd and a new public parking lot right across from Briny and Frank's as well as the one opposite the pier next to the Library.

That's great! Now we'll have to go there. When we go to Brother Tuckers we park in the back and walk right through the kitchen! Their burgers are awesome and Ian is our ale/beer expert!

Sharon, any idea if JB's ever has Calyspo/Reggae music during the day on weekends? Place looks very nice, I'm interested. Just wondering if you've ever seen that.

I love JBs but I haven't been there on weekends. Agave in Deerfield just got an awesome review. We also eat at Casa Maya in The Cove.

I love JBs but I haven't been there on weekends. Agave in Deerfield just got an awesome review. We also eat at Casa Maya in The Cove.

Looking forward to spending some time at JB's and Deerfield Beach. I always appreciate your recommendations, they become our favorite spots! Thanks again.

Archived