Triumph Could Be Worse - Hurricane Season

sonicbuffalo

I'm sure as there squatting over a bucket and starving for food while sweating profusely, yea I'm sure there all so grateful.

If a hurricane was bearing down on them....they wouldn't be able to even hit the bucket....and no supply ships could help them....then what?

Everyone should be thankful this didn't happen during hurricane season...it could have been one terrible situation if a hurricane developed while they were trying to tow the ship into port! Can you imagine that scenario?:eek:

I thought that, too. I like cruising during hurricane season because I think it is cheaper, and was immediately glad that the weather seemed to be the one thing cooperating for the people stranded on the water!

It has happened. On a Holland America ship. It was the Rotterdam, who lost power and was dead in the water during a transatlantic crossing with a hurricane approaching. :eek:

Are you talking about 2004 with Hurricane Karl? I just googled that...sounds like a really fun time! :eek:

Archived