CCL announces more Triumph cancellations

maddea20

I did a mock booking a second ago on carnival's website and see that the next available cruises on Triumph are for the April 18th sailing.

They are just blocking new bookings to avoid having people run out and book everything up hoping that it actually gets cancelled then Carnival has to pay extra compensation.

Smart thing for them to do until they can get the ship back to Mobile and truely examine the extent of the damage and better assess how long it will take to fix and how many additional sailings will need to be cancelled.

must really be extensive damage. I dont think it even takes that long for a 2.0 upgrade

Upgardes are one thing, but extensive fire damage to the electrical system is another. It took 3 months to fix Splendor in a similar incident.

They are just blocking new bookings to avoid having people run out and book everything up hoping that it actually gets cancelled then Carnival has to pay extra compensation.

Smart thing for them to do until they can get the ship back to Mobile and truely examine the extent of the damage and better assess how long it will take to fix and how many additional sailings will need to be cancelled.

Actually most of those cruises were already sold out and 90% full, so nothing smart about it, they took it off because they know it won't be cruising

STATEMENT REGARDING ADDITIONAL CARNIVAL TRIUMPH CANCELLATIONS

February 13, 2013

Carnival Cruise Lines has announced the cancellations of 12 additional voyages of the Carnival Triumph following an engine room fire that has left vessel without propulsion. The 12 cancelled cruises, which encompass sailings from Feb. 21 through April 13, 2013, are in addition to two previously cancelled voyages scheduled to depart Feb. 11 and Feb. 16.

Guests on the affected sailings will receive a full refund of their cruise fare, as well as non-refundable transportation costs, pre-paid shore excursions, gratuities, and government fees and taxes. Guests will also receive a 25 percent discount on a future three- to five-day Carnival cruise or a 15 percent discount on a six- to seven-day cruise. Travel agent commissions will be protected.

Carnival sincerely apologizes for this disruption in our guests’ vacation plans.

Carnival Triumph operates four- and five-day cruises from Galveston, Texas.

Yup.... If splendor is a lesson to us all from a few years ago.... The initial estimate for being out is always understated so as not to feed the Media Hype...... Lets start a pool, I'm betting late spring......lets say May 9th just to get things started.........

From the sound of things, the ship is going to need some extensive dry dock time.... I was booked on the Norway for 11/2/03 cruise when her boiler blew up.

I could even imagine them pulling a Carnival Sunshine on her, rechristening her, into a new ship to distance the brand from the name.

Well, I guess April 8 is now out. I am sure I will get a refund. Oh joy.

Also, I had already selected my vacation dates with my employer. Yes, I know I can go somewhere else during that time, but I specifically chose April 8 to cruise. Had I known this would not sail, I definitely would have chosen another week, because I gave up other plans to cruise in April. Now the other thing we wanted to do is now impossible, since other coworkers chose that week, and the company vacation schedule for the year is firmly set.

Collateral damage for me, I guess.

Guests on the affected sailings will receive a full refund of their cruise fare, as well as non-refundable transportation costs, pre-paid shore excursions, gratuities, and government fees and taxes. Guests will also receive a 25 percent discount on a future three- to five-day Carnival cruise or a 15 percent discount on a six- to seven-day cruise. Travel agent commissions will be protected.

Reerun25,

Refunding all cruise costs and non refundable transporation costs as well as 15-25 % discount on future sailings is a very generous offer. Kudos to Carnival!

Also, I had already selected my vacation dates with my employer. Yes, I know I can go somewhere else during that time, but I specifically chose April 8 to cruise. Had I known this would not sail, I definitely would have chosen another week, because I gave up other plans to cruise in April. Now the other thing we wanted to do is now impossible, since other coworkers chose that week, and the company vacation schedule for the year is firmly set.

I can certainly understand, I have to bid for vacation time in January to cover the following 13 months, once you bid your done, very frustrating, I hope you can find something.

Reerun25,

Refunding all cruise costs and non refundable transporation costs as well as 15-25 % discount on future sailings is a very generous offer. Kudos to Carnival!

Im sorry but many people will not want to cruise again or with Carnival. Mental pain and suffering also. As long as they will pay cash instead of a future cruise is the only thing that would make it generous.

Im sorry but many people will not want to cruise again or with Carnival. Mental pain and suffering also. As long as they will pay cash instead of a future cruise is the only thing that would make it generous.

Repo-cruiser,

'Mental pain and suffering,' by those who have not yet stepped foot on Carnival Triumph and were simply waiting for their cruise day to arrive? If they are so easily traumatised by having their cruise cancelled, then they should not be allowed to cruise or even stay in a hotel.

Thank you for making me laugh. :D I fully understand how people can suffer due to empathy for others, but you are taking it quite a bit too far.

See if you can change to the Elation out New Orleans. She is a good ship.

Dave

Archived