CCL announces more Triumph cancellations

maddea20

I think the number of people who are having their upcoming cruise cancelled that will NEVER want to cruise again will be miniscule. Most are scrambling as we speak to secure spots on other Carnival ships at a nice discount. I wish I was one of them.

As for the ones ON the Triumph, that is another matter. They should be offered something as an alternative to a free cruise if they choose not to cruise again, but I think I would happily take the free cruise.

Once the poor wretched souls are off the ship, all the soothsayers that claim to "know" what life has been like on the Triumph the last 4 days, will actually find out, along with the rest of us. I'm sure they won't even believe it when they hear it for themselves coming from the lost-at-sea folks' mouths.

See if you can change to the Elation out New Orleans. She is a good ship.

Dave

Did just that Dave - just transferred from 4/8 Triumph to 4/6 Elation - cost a little bit extra - but then I had a killer deal on the Triumph...this works though, and I still get to cruise. Yeah!!!!!!

Also, I had already selected my vacation dates with my employer. Yes, I know I can go somewhere else during that time, but I specifically chose April 8 to cruise.

Well, you are in luck! You can still cruise from Galveston/Houston that week! :D

Crown Princess, Disney Magic and Mariner of the Seas are all sailing that same week. And if you still want to stick to Carnival, the Carnival Magic also sails that week. All of them still have availability

Looks like your plans to cruise that week are still on! :)

They are just blocking new bookings to avoid having people run out and book everything up hoping that it actually gets cancelled then Carnival has to pay extra compensation.

Smart thing for them to do until they can get the ship back to Mobile and truely examine the extent of the damage and better assess how long it will take to fix and how many additional sailings will need to be cancelled.

Sorry looks like you are wrong. They officially canceled sailings through April 13th.

Repo-cruiser,

'Mental pain and suffering,' by those who have not yet stepped foot on Carnival Triumph and were simply waiting for their cruise day to arrive? If they are so easily traumatised by having their cruise cancelled, then they should not be allowed to cruise or even stay in a hotel.

Thank you for making me laugh. :D I fully understand how people can suffer due to empathy for others, but you are taking it quite a bit too far.

Somebody has been watching too many shows about lawyers! Mental pain and suffering??? :confused: It makes me laugh too! :D

Somebody has been watching too many shows about lawyers! Mental pain and suffering??? :confused: It makes me laugh too! :D

I can agree with this a little bit but only because I am not good with things changing. Especially if I organized my vacation a certain way which I always do as well as a lot of other things in my life :rolleyes:. So for me personally I probably would have a mental breakdown :D

But this is just for me, I can't speak for anyone else.

Yes this sucks Big Wind but who could have known.

I recently worked for years in one of the most cut-throat vacation bid environments there is,

a large hospital, still with this much lead time all is not lost. It took me over 10 yrs to get ANY time I really wanted.

Tell your manager if you have one, tell the staff, turn your time back in, with proper lead

time your manager can make time for you if they want to. If you have seniority I'll bet

someone lower would love to trade your time for theirs.

Well, you are in luck! You can still cruise from Galveston/Houston that week! :D

Crown Princess, Disney Magic and Mariner of the Seas are all sailing that same week. And if you still want to stick to Carnival, the Carnival Magic also sails that week. All of them still have availability

Looks like your plans to cruise that week are still on! :)

Appreciate the thoughts, but no, I am out of luck. I work night shifts, and I literally get off work the morning the 4-8 cruise departs. The others sail on the 6th or 7th.

I am done.

We have never been on a cruise before, my wedding is in 37 days I have a fiance that tends to panic about things and yesterday at work I find out my honeymoon cruise is cancelled. That was not a good day. When I got home from work I instantly called CCL and was on hold for an hour and 45 minutes. I didn't give up even though by the time I made it through to a representative I had memorized all of the annoying sayings on their hold music. I was booked on the Triumph leaving on March 30th. They used the money I had already paid to book us on the Magic leaving on the 31st. 7 days instead of 5 and a much newer ship with the discount still cost an additional $400 for the two of us but at least we are leaving from the same port at about the same time. I guess we will just spend an extra day in Texas before the cruise.

They just announced on the Today Show that the passengers are getting an additional $500 cash. Don't know if it's official or not but that's what they announced.

Additionally, the cruise line decided Wednesday to offer the passengers $500 per person on board.

"We know it has been a longer journey back than we anticipated at the beginning of the week under very challenging circumstances," said Gerry Cahill, president and CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines. "We are very sorry for what our guests have had to endure. Therefore, in addition to the full refund and future cruise credit already offered, we have decided to provide this additional compensation."

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Harsh-conditions-get-stranded-cruise-passengers-4275429.php

Appreciate the thoughts, but no, I am out of luck. I work night shifts, and I literally get off work the morning the 4-8 cruise departs. The others sail on the 6th or 7th.

I am done.

Is there no way someone can step up and cover for you so you could leave a couple of days early? My job requires me to be on call every fourth week and we are supposed to plan our vacations and time off around that schedule, but I know that if something like this happened to me my boss would work with me to get someone to cover those couple of days so I could take off.

Archived