Cabanas vs. Loungers on Spa Terrace

wailea4me

We have our first Oceania cruise coming up in a month. I've been reading about the Cabanas and also about the Spa Terrace. Are the Cabanas a different thing than the Spa Terrace. If so, are either of them worth the expense?

The Spa Terrace and the Cabanas are completely different animals.

175013.jpg070254.jpg

The Cabanas are almost private rooms.

Your question confuses me though, because it sounds like you think that you will have a choice between the two areas-

There are no Cabanas on the Marina & Riviera and the smaller ships really don't have much of a Spa Terrace.

011740.jpg

We have booked a cabana in the past while on the Regatta or Nautica (sorry can't remember which) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't like being full out in the sun all the time and the retractable roof in the cabana was nice as was the privacy. We spent all day there while at sea!

This may sound really dumb, but those wooden 'platforms' in the first picture (Which, I presume, is the Spa Terrace on the O ships.), does Oceania put some sort of 'cushioning' mat on them and would the 'cushioning' have a raised head so you could sit up and read a book? Like I said, this sounds really dumb!! Sorry.

That's not the spa terrace, it's the cabanas on the "R" ships.

There are cushions + that go there, but to discourage unpaid visiting the extras are put away.

Sorry, but I'm really confused. When I go to the Oceania web site and look at the Marina, the only Spa Terrace photo I've been able to find (not too computer 'techie', so maybe I'm missing something) to find is some guy enjoying a small pool - whirlpool, T pool. I don't know. Since we will be on the Concierge level we apparently get free entrance to the

Spa Terrace ---- just what is available/on the Spa Terrace. Any pics????

TIA

Sorry, but I'm really confused. When I go to the Oceania web site and look at the Marina, the only Spa Terrace photo I've been able to find (not too computer 'techie', so maybe I'm missing something) to find is some guy enjoying a small pool - whirlpool, T pool. I don't know. Since we will be on the Concierge level we apparently get free entrance to the

Spa Terrace ---- just what is available/on the Spa Terrace. Any pics????

TIA

The 2nd photo in J & S post is the O class ships spa terrace

So the loungers have cushions & do raise & lower for your comfort

Marina has a small t-pool & Riveira has a larger I-Pool

Jim posted photos in another thread of them

We booked a cabana for our South Pacific/Australian cruise last year. We never really used it as it made my husband queasy, being high and forward. He is not usually sensitive to gentle motion but it is at the very front of the ship and he was unable to tolerate. Oddly enough, he can sit forward in front of the windows in Horizons, and that doesn't seem to be an issue. I spent a few hours there by myself, but we did not go on a cruise to spend time alone, so that was not really a good option. When I was there, there was no service. I called several times and only once got an answer, so gave up.

We paid $750 to book it for the entire cruise, and you get a bag with some sunscreen and two lovely beach towels in it. I use them in my bathroom at home (they are large, white, and fluffy) and call them my $375 towels!

Would I book again? No, not unless I were cruising with someone else.....On our cruise there was one other that was booked and was used a little more than ours, but not a lot from what I could see.

Mo

Archived