Very Poor Response and Customer Service From Carnival. Please read..

Arcticcat

Ok, has no one turned on the TV? Carnival has left a boat stranded in the Gulf, being pulled by tugboats with no power (very limited) no A/C, people are crapping in bags, puking, floors are covered in sewage and urine, fist fights over food and hoarding. There is also a tent city on the deck.

Guess this is acceptable, enjoy your cruise.

Stranded? Really? So am I imagining all the reports, and what I see on TV of being towed back to shore? That other ships and helicopters dropped off supplies?

If you know so much about how easy it is "in this day and age" to transfer thousands of people from one ship in the middle of the ocean to another, why aren't you in the business of doing that? There is no comparison to a tender port where you're not in the middle of the sea, and the ship is anchored.

Absurd? They CAN anchor (manually), they tender all the time, transfer ship to ship! Wow must be lots of Carnival staff on here!!!

BTW when they offer a OBC to currently booked passengers, make sure you don't use it, as your not entitled to it LMAO

Ships can anchor in the middle of the sea? Is there an endless supply of chain on the anchor? You're (correct spelling) so knowledgeable about how ships work, you must work in the shipping industry. Why didn't you go rescue them?

Wait a few hours till the pictures start coming in from the triumph. Then say that Carnival acted properly.

You have all the answers, don't you? Are you really on board the Triumph? Come on, you can tell us! Unless you are, I think you need to simmer down and go blow off steam somewhere else. Carnival owes you nothing but the cruises you're booked for.

They are in the gulf buddy not the open ocean.. And the waves are low..

yet the ship was blown 90 miles off course while waiting for the tug to come to get them to Progresso. So far that they changed the plan and are towing them to Mobile instead.

Are you drunk? Or just bored and looking to argue with the internet?

Everyone has missed my point. The point is, I personally think Carnival could of done more to get those passengers off the boat. Whether it means tow it to the closest shore wher you can Tender to another cruise boat, or something else. If it was as simple as you can't transfer people from one boat to another than why didn't the CEO say the reasoning?

You guys make it sound like this is a first time. This isn't. The Splendor cost 40 million in litigation ect to Carnival.

For me Customer service is key. They do not seem to care about the passangers on that ship. If your wife or husband was involved in a fight over food or crapping in a bag or dealing with the drunks that is being reported by cnn, how would you feel. Way to many pro Carnival people here.... Carnival can do no wrong. And im sorry $500.00 for people who have missed income from not being at work ect ect is a drop in the bucket. Now jump on me again like the bullies you are....

They ARE towing them to the closest shore. Seriously, *** is wrong with you? Step away from your computer and go get some fresh air. You're the only one in this thread that's buying what you're selling.

Someone on the RCCL board suggested an aircraft carrier to transfer passengers to. So we could have a zipline excursion and one were you are flung off the deck with a cable! OOOoo I wanna go!:D

Oh, the closest one is in the Persian Gulf? Ok. Dispatch it full steam ahead. It might get there in 10 or 12 days!:cool:

Someone on the RCCL board suggested an aircraft carrier to transfer passengers to. So we could have a zipline excursion and one were you are flung off the deck with a cable! OOOoo I wanna go!:D

Oh, the closest one is in the Persian Gulf? Ok. Dispatch it full steam ahead. It might get there in 10 or 12 days!:cool:

There actually was an aircraft carrier next to the Splendor, but I don't recall anyone suggesting that the passengers would be better off transferring to the carrier.

I have never sailed Carnival and canno imagine a circumstance in which I ever would sail Carnival but ITA with the other posters here. What you are expecting them to do for you is way beyond reasonable. There is not another cries line out there that would allow you to cancel a cruise (or cruises) on one of their ships without penalty because you have decided you don 't want to go because another one of their other ships had a serious incident. Get real!

Wow, just cause they are 150 miles out does not mean its deep lol

When we were on the legend we tendered in grand cayman. When we were reboarding the ship there were small waves. The tender boat kept banging into the side of the ship. It repeatedly knocked people off their feet. And they were very small waves. I can't imagine taking 3000 people off a unstable ship.

I think you decided you don't want to go and just want your money back and are using this incident as an excuse. I don't believe they should refund you anything. Your ships aren't impacted by this situation.

Lets put it into perspective.

You booked a non-refundable room at a Hilton and you just learned another Hilton 1,500 miles away burnt down would you make a fuss to get your money back?

Fires can and do happen and its unfortunate that it did happen on the Carnival. There were no injuries reported and it was taken care of in the best way possible.

I was flying to Israel on TWA soon after the TWA 800 incident in New York. I read all the articles and saw news reports on tv and I felt bad for the families. But this did not stop me from flying on TWA to Israel as its a risk you take when you fly.

I would go ahead with your cruise and have a good time. You are on a totally different ship in a totally different class so you should be fine.

The agent was right that your upcoming cruise is not compromised because you are not set to sail on a future Triumph booking. Now if your next itinerary was on the Triumph then you would be due a refund or credit for another cruise with Carnival.

There are two different issues going on here.

1. The OP says that he is now afraid to cruise with Carnival (and perhaps with any other line) because of the problem with Triumph. should he be afraid? I don 't think so but then again I was on a United flight to NYC 6 days after 9/11 while many of my co-workers were cowering under their desks and saying they would never fly again. However the OP is entitled to his feelings even if most of us think his fears are overblown.

2. He feels that for this reason he should be entitled to cancel his cruises withou penalty and obtain a refund of his deposit. Here is where he and I part company. He agreed to the terms and conditions for cancellation and "sudden onslaught of fear" is not among the conditions of cancellation.

Everyone has missed my point. The point is, I personally think Carnival could of done more to get those passengers off the boat. Whether it means tow it to the closest shore wher you can Tender to another cruise boat, or something else. If it was as simple as you can't transfer people from one boat to another than why didn't the CEO say the reasoning?

You guys make it sound like this is a first time. This isn't. The Splendor cost 40 million in litigation ect to Carnival.

For me Customer service is key. They do not seem to care about the passangers on that ship. If your wife or husband was involved in a fight over food or crapping in a bag or dealing with the drunks that is being reported by cnn, how would you feel. Way to many pro Carnival people here.... Carnival can do no wrong. And im sorry $500.00 for people who have missed income from not being at work ect ect is a drop in the bucket. Now jump on me again like the bullies you are....

I read to page 4 and got tired of you. How about we jump on you like the internet troll that you are. Obviously you are coming on here doing nothing more than trying to stir up more sh*t than is currently on the floor of the cruise ship.

The OP jumped on our Triumph March 30th roll call yesterday and began spewing his speculations and absurd ideas. He was not even booked on our cruise. He proceeded to post his rhetoric about how horrible life must be for the passengers and how Carnival was doing nothing for them. When I and another member of the roll call told him we were not interested in his ideas of how things should have been done and very nicely asked him to vacate our roll call he all but wished us the same scenario that is upon the current Triumph passengers. He was quick to come back and post a snarky comment once our cruise date was canceled. All I can say to him now is that I was able to get my money refunded w no penalties and a 25% discount on my next cruise :p

He was quick to come back and post a snarky comment once our cruise date was canceled. All I can say to him now is that I was able to get my money refunded w no penalties and a 25% discount on my next cruise :p

Hehe

Sent from the awesome Gailerina using my iPhone!

Random story related to this. One if the news site ashes a question about lawsuits. Some girl cones on after I mention law suits and was like....they knew something was wrong with the ship. I saw all that smoke when they sailed. It was seen all the way in Cherry Hill. After laughing I replied that the ship is from Texas but Baltimore :/

Sent from the awesome Gailerina using my iPhone!

Just got off the phone with Carnival. I called inquiring about cancelling our two cruises that are fully paid for. Wanted to know what our options were.

Due to the Triumph issues I agree accidents happen, but DON"T agree with the way they handled it. They could of brought another ship out there to get the passangers off.

So I called to see what Carnivals attitude towards upcoming passengers. Its not good.

If you paid for your cruise they are NOT offering refunds. Its a Triumph issue not a Victory or a Liberty issue is there response.

I was told as far as compensation to future passengers, there has not been any brought out to this point.

So in a nutshell, if your unsure about the cruiseline or have concerns about the response, your SOL.

Im booked in two weeks on the Victory then right after on the Liberty. They don't care about loyalty, they just want the money!:(

Not sure who he is being loyal too either because he mentioned on another thread that this is his first cruise, which was already apparent to most of us.

Its not the point about the fire.... Who cares about that. If the ship is stranded at sea, in this day of age they could of brought another ship and a transfer boat. I do not buy this crap that its to dangerous to transfer from one ship to another. They do it all the time! Ports that need a tender! You don't buy insurance for these reasons.... I have insurance (private) for sickness or death in the family.. I am insured.. Just not insured against a cruise line that operates poorly.

Transferring passengers to a tender in fairly calm waters from a ship anchored a short distance off shore is way different than transferring passengers ship to ship via tender or lifeboat in open water especially when one ship is disabled and drifting. Even the USCG has said it isn't practical or safe when asked. You really should think things like this through before making outlandish statements. And before the haters start the "cheerleader" chant, I've only been on one cruise so I haven't had the chance to try other lines yet. I am however a "cheerleader" for common sense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW you must be one of those people who are NEVER wrong..........your going to have a crappy vacation because your attitude sucks. Are you in the gulf and can actually see the waves NO so why dont you just put on your happy pants and enjoy your vacation and be grateful that you are blessed enough to be able to go on TWO cruises the passengers are being taken care of as best as they can under the circumstances and im so sick of the media turning it in to a frenzy its stupid and CNN is doing a very good job of making you believe what you arent actually seeing. So go on vacation put your big kid underoos on and enjoy yourself or else you will have spent lots of money to sit around having a pity party for yourself.I was on Triumph last year and shes a wonderful ship and i am sailing the magic in 2 months and never thought once about cancelling s*it happens everyone moves on you should too.

Well...who knew that CCL had so many "friends" on this site. CC is going to have to have a look into "la claque" that CCL has at its disposal. Must be board members or relatives thereof.

I think you meant CC has a lot of people with common sense :D

Lets put it into perspective.

You booked a non-refundable room at a Hilton and you just learned another Hilton 1,500 miles away burnt down would you make a fuss to get your money back?

Fires can and do happen and its unfortunate that it did happen on the Carnival. There were no injuries reported and it was taken care of in the best way possible.

I was flying to Israel on TWA soon after the TWA 800 incident in New York. I read all the articles and saw news reports on tv and I felt bad for the families. But this did not stop me from flying on TWA to Israel as its a risk you take when you fly.

I actually understand where the OP was coming from. Here is my point of view. If the Hilton had a fire 1500 miles away from where I was supposed to be staying, it wouldn't bother me and I wouldn't rebook with another hotel. However, if the Hilton had a huge fire, lost electricity and plumbing, then locked you into their hotel for a week; I would be a little concerned. If this happened twice in a couple of years because of bad upkeep of their hotels, I would be even more concerned. If this happened multiple times if you counted all the "hilton owned properties" within the few years, I would definitely rebook with another hotel company. It's not the single incident which bothers me. It's a pattern of repeated issues.

I also would rebook my flights if there were several incidents with all Southwest airlines airplanes. Yes, airplanes can have problems and cause death and injury to people and this can be an accident. However, if I saw it happen repeatedly with the same airline and there had been reports of neglect, I would choose to fly with another line.

Archived