How long would you wait?

Wildgrits

If you emailed a company about reserving an excursion at a port of call, how long would you wait for a response before moving on to their competition?

The excursion in question has about 10 companies with good reviews offering the same thing?

Also, excursion out of the country so I'm not willing to call them.

Is this for the Caribbean, or the Med? .....because a lot of Med sites close down over winter, and the people might not even be in the country (I'm thinking about Santorini etc, where a lot of tour operators go home to Athens for the winter).:confused:

I usually email several companies at once requesting info. If a company doesn't respond within about 48 hours, then they are no longer considered. There may be exceptions, such as if I emailed an Alaska excursion in December, I might give them a few extra days, because it's off season there.

I usually email several companies at once requesting info. If a company doesn't respond within about 48 hours, then they are no longer considered. There may be exceptions, such as if I emailed an Alaska excursion in December, I might give them a few extra days, because it's off season there.

Most of the mom & pop places in AK are closed until April - & their websites even say they won't be responding.

If you emailed a company about reserving an excursion at a port of call, how long would you wait for a response before moving on to their competition?

The excursion in question has about 10 companies with good reviews offering the same thing?

3 business days.

Don't underestimate the power of spam. I run list serves that routinely have the problem of some members not getting messages because they end up in spam folders that they do not check. More and more people use yahoo and gmail and these problems are routine. I had to resend a message to Harv & Marv in Juneau before getting a reply.. I know they are very reputable so I'm glad I resent and got the reply I was looking for...

Rachel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can use Skype, Google Talk or other such to call for next to nothing (a few cents a minute at most)

Archived