NCL Sun questions...

jarz85

Hi we're booking the Sun for alaska next year and I just had a couple of questions.

- can you go on the helipad? If not, where are the bow viewing areas?

- we are booking an ocean view room with a picture window. Which deck would be best for quick access to outside areas on either side of the ship? (Jogging track?)

- I've been looking on deck 6 but the cabins are on deck 6a which is only accessible via stairs. How many stairs are there from the deck to the cabins?

Thanks in advance !

I'm trying to remember but I believe the Sun still has her forward observation lounge with huge windows on both sides. In addition there is the jogging/walking track and several other decks have viewing areas. There is a deck pretty far forward if I remember correctly that is mostly wide open although they sometimes put loungers on it. I can't wait to sail on her again next year. Both DH and I loved our first cruise on her.

Hi we're booking the Sun for alaska next year and I just had a couple of questions.

- we are booking an ocean view room with a picture window. Which deck would be best for quick access to outside areas on either side of the ship? (Jogging track?)

- I've been looking on deck 6 but the cabins are on deck 6a which is only accessible via stairs. How many stairs are there from the deck to the cabins?

Thanks in advance !

The Sun has the observation deck on 13 that has the walk out and total front view. It also has a large panormaic windows that look over 180 degress around the front of the ship.

Ocean view - deck 6 / deck 9 - plan on heading to a stair / elevator and proceed up to 10 - 13 for best viewing

6a is a true half deck. 12 stairs very wide, no one goes there unless lost. Nice feature very quiet

The Sun is also the smallest ship in Alaska, this is very important. Depending on which run you choose there are ports only the Sun can get to. This can be the true off the typical plan Alaska cruise. The advantage, you are the only ship in port.

Have a great time

To answer the one remaining question that I don't think anyone has answered, you cannot get to the helioport deck...in fact, I am not sure it is really a helioport...but it does have four propellors and the crew pool.

If you can swing the extra money, try to snag one of the two balcony rooms on Deck 11. Great rooms, huge balconies - would be perfect for Alaska IMHO.

In addition to the Deck 13 forward observation deck, there is also a smaller one outside the observation lounge on Deck 12. You gain access to it through a door on either side of the lounge. I suspect most folks will find this deck on an Alaskan cruise but on most others I have taken on Sun it is woefully underutililzed. For us, when we have sailed Sun in a non-balcony cabin, we tend to spend lots of time there and on the stern at The Great Outdoors.

Have a great cruise on Sun!

Thanks in advance !

Twelve stairs total.

Cannot go out on the helipad. Lots of other places to go to for a great view.

Archived