booking a specialty restaurant on first night

herbanrenewal

I know on Celebrity if I book a specialty restaurant for the first night I can sometimes get a good deal like a bottle of wine for free - and this usually is about the same cost as the specialty restaurant fee.

Is there usually a similar special deal for booking first night dinner in a specialty restaurant?

I know on Celebrity if I book a specialty restaurant for the first night I can sometimes get a good deal like a bottle of wine for free - and this usually is about the same cost as the specialty restaurant fee.

Is there usually a similar special deal for booking first night dinner in a specialty restaurant?

We logged into our account online and booked the 3 for $52 special (Le Bistro (french), Cagney's (steakhouse), La Cuciana (Italian) )...we booked one for the first night and we get a free bottle of wine with that. When I return I will let you know how it all went. Flying out 8am tomorrow...cruise on Sunday

I've seen this on some cruises but not on others. On our recent (1/20/13) Jewel cruise, they didn't have any specials for the first night or even for any other night (in the specialty restaurants). We did still eat in the Italian restaurant the first night- a lovely meal and a great way to start the cruise. We used the 15% off wine coupon in the 2013 coupon book.

We were expecting some kind of "offer" for the specialty restaurants since most seemed to be under-used; we didn't even need reservations at Le Bistro. On our cruise, there were long lines for the MDRs (except very late), so maybe people were more interested in saving a little money by not paying extra for dinners?

It specifically mentions that you get a free bottle of wine in a specialty restaurant on the first night on their web page for the NCL Latitutdes Magazine (.com). I asked my NCL agent about it, and he said that that he didn't have a specific coupon when he said last month, but he printed that out and showed it to the waitress and she gave them the free bottle.

• 1 year later...

According to the URL below, Carnival Liberty IS IN FACT offering a free bottle of wine to cruisers who reserve their dinner at a "Specialty Restaurant" on THE FIRST NIGHT of the CRUISE. :p

Please open this URL below for proof. You may want to print it out and take it with you.

http://www.***********/info/carnival-cruise-lines/steakhouse.php

Edited by jazzygio143
error

Thanks for asking this' date=' because it was my next question. We do not want to be involved in lobster frenzy on first night. I am allergic to shellfish, and DH doesn't care for lobster. More for the rest of the guests, Italian here we come![/quote']

There is no first night "lobster frenzy" anymore.

We were having lunch in the MDR on embarkation day and a lady came by and gave us a discount if we went to Cagney's on the first night. We jumped on it because it was a good deal. I think they also have package deals available.

Y'all do realize you're adding on to a thread from February of 2013, right?

Hahaha - I din NOT realize that, so I was sooooo surprised when I read about the person who had managed to book the package of 3 specialty restaurants, since I was certain that was not possible anymore.... Thank you for letting us know! :D:D:D

(My only "excuse" is that I am situated in Europe, so my post was written after midnight, so I probably was a little tired.... :p )

Edited by TrumpyNor

Yeah, I realized it was an old thread when I read about the Specialty Trio with the free bottle of wine on embarkation night. :) It's exactly what we did on our first cruise and that was back in 2012 on the Star.

I really wish there was a way of, at the very least, flagging posts with the date after they're 6 months old or so. There have been so many changes on NCL in last couple of months/years it would be nice to know that you're reading CURRENT info.