Laundry

Capri73

Has anyone taken the laundry package?We will be on the ship 11 nights,2 nights prior.I do not want to do laundry in Tahiti,plus won't be much for 2 days.

How good are they?Piece meal I imagine would be expensive.Does anyone have an idea of basic prices for t shirts,shorts,shirts,

Thank you in advance.:o:)

I am thinking of taking the laundry package also for my 14 night Marquesas cruise, but it does seem expensive since most of our items will be T-shirts, shorts, bathing suits and cover ups. But- that is exactly the items that get dirty and smelly in the hot climate. We did take laundry package on Windstar 7 day Panama Canal cruise in January- and every night sent out our underwear, etc. But, most of my evening attire tops needed "special handling", and I did not have those cleaned. It was nice having fresh, clean clothes, and logistically you can take "fewer" clothes this way, but you do lose access to those clothes (bathing suits) for 2 days. I never added up the costs for the items, if I had sent them out individually, since I already paid for the package.

Kathy

We didnt take the package as we had some free items per person.

Laundry was all returned the same night.

I know that Liz took it and she liked the fact that she was taking back a suitcase of clean clothes.

Yes, Miriam, we took the laundry package and had everything cleaned every day. One day it did take two days for its return but we did like the service. We may have broken even on cost but liked not thinking about it and bringing home most all clothes clean. I will probably do it again. Plus, I really will pack less. People don't care if you repeat outfits.

We did the laundry package on Windstar and we will do it again on the PG.

I did hand wash my bras and tops that I didn't want going through the dryer. I brought along a mesh laundry bag and used it to send out things like my underwear, socks, a machine wash/dry top that had bling, etc. I added a note to the laundry slip to wash/dry everything in the mesh bag--no folding needed--and took the 15 seconds to fold when we got it back.

Capri- we did and loved it- out at bfast, back before dinner usually. No shrinkage, everything treated with the greatest of care, I even did my work out clothes knowing they might be dried, but they came back in excellent condition too (I would not launder fine fabrics, we dry cleaned DHs silk shirts)

In my review, linked in my signature I have posted a photo of the laundry price list. We felt we came out ahead since we laundered each day.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
Not only do you have to purchase it in advance, but when you call they take a credit card and charge you immeadiatly. I just paid for my June laundry bill!

Thanks for the info. Needing to do that. How much was it for the 11 nights?

Pasted below is the cost from the PG website. One drawback is that you can't use your on board credit as they have you pay in advance when you book the package. If you have a decent sized on board credit the only way to really use it is for excursions, spa treatments, purchases in the on board shop or laundry. On my last cruise I did all privately booked excursions and even after the ala carte laundry cost I still had about $100 to spend on "stuff" in the shop.

For your convenience, you may opt to have your laundry done for you during your cruise aboard the m/s Paul Gauguin. Guests who desire this service must book and pay for this service in advance. Laundry services cannot be purchased on board and must be reserved no later than 24 hours before sailing. There is no limit on laundry items. Pricing is as follows:

7-day cruise (per cabin, double occupancy) $109

10-night cruise (per cabin, double occupancy) $159

11-night cruise (per cabin, double occupancy $174

12-night cruise (per cabin, double occupancy, 2012 only) $189

13- night cruise (per cabin, double occupancy) $204

14-day cruise (per cabin, double occupancy) $218

Thanks for the info- I will probably order the laundry package, especially if the item comes back that same evening. On Windstar, we sent items out before breakfast (or the night before) and they were back in the room the next evening, which meant we were essentially without that item for 2 days, instead of just 1. They did do a great job (even on underwear and bathing suits)

We just got back from our 11 day cruise last week. I struggled over whether to do the laundry package, but wound up not doing it. I am glad. Since we were only wearing our nicer clothes 2-4 each night, we wore them twice before washing. Mostly, we wore bathing suits (we each brought 2) and I rinsed them out in the sink along with our rash guard shirts and let them dry on the balcony. I worked out in the fitness room, so those had to be laundered. But our bill was much less than $174. We stayed at the Intercontinental pre-cruise and their self service washers and dryers are free. We washed everything before we set sail. However, if you want everything cleaned every day, you will want the package. The service was quick, back on the same day. Have fun!!

We signed up for the laundry package for a two-week cruise even though we're on the nude cruise. It seems like we end up taking as much clothing or more on one of these nude/clothing optional cruises. Anyways I figured it was one less thing to deal with, not having dirty clothes in the room as the result of our days adventure and the food I will spill all over me.

We signed up for the laundry package for a two-week cruise even though we're on the nude cruise. It seems like we end up taking as much clothing or more on one of these nude/clothing optional cruises. Anyways I figured it was one less thing to deal with, not having dirty clothes in the room as the result of our days adventure and the food I will spill all over me.

Man I hope the ship covers the furniture!

I know someone going on this.... not someone i want to imagine nude!

Archived