RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

Hello everyone,

We (Yuri and Jackson) are kind of new on Cruise Critic (still finding our way around the forum, LOL...), but we have been on a few RSVP cruises. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. We look forward to this cruise. Jackson and I met on the RSVP Caribbean cruise in Feb 2010. :)

The MSC Divina "app" loads when you connect to the ship's wifi. When we were onboard of the tour I saw it but could not use it since you have to log in and I wasn't booked on the cruise.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Oh, I see! Going to tell a few friends who have also been wondering about that app... Thanks! :)

Yuri

Hello everyone,

We (Yuri and Jackson) are kind of new on Cruise Critic (still finding our way around the forum, LOL...), but we have been on a few RSVP cruises. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. We look forward to this cruise. Jackson and I met on the RSVP Caribbean cruise in Feb 2010. :)

Welcome to our cruise critic group, Yuri and Jackson! Looking forward to seeing you on the cruise!

Hello everyone,

Hi Yuri, good to see you here! :)

There seems to be several balcony categories still available. I wonder if RSVP will offer discounted upgrades. I can understand that would piss off people who paid full price but curious if RSVP has done this in the past.

A couple more categories are showing sold out today, with Atlantis having sold out both Caribbean Cruises we might get some of the over flow, Our sailing should be close to full if not sold out.

I think this info from Randle will answer your questions:

nless otherwise indicated, vouchers can be used in the main restaurant only. If vouchers are lost, they cannot be replaced. Also, unused vouchers have no cash value and cannot be returned for credit at the end of your cruise. Please note that unlimited consumption packages are unavailable on all charter sailings.

Although MSC’s website makes it appear as though you can “pre-book” a beverage package, don’t do this. Only packages purchased once onboard Divina will be honored.

Alcoholic Beverage Restrictions

Bottles of alcohol purchased in the ship’s stores or otherwise brought onboard cannot be consumed on the ship. Bottles and other containers will be held for safekeeping and can be collected on the last day of the voyage. This prohibition includes bottles of wine and champagne, as well. Duty Free alcohol bought on board must be collected on the last day after 7:00pm in the Duty Free shop. Exceptions: any wine bought through the bars or restaurants may be consumed in your cabins. Also, any opened but unfinished wine bottles brought onboard can be taken back to your cabin.

See you on board!

Jeff

Thanks for the response regarding wine on board. I was a bit confused and or receiving mixed messages stating that a bottle from the restaurant was not allowed to be taken to the cabin. HAL seemed a bit more lenient with the wine policy. YIKES, We're only a month away, can't wait!

Well, we were this close || to booking and then, just like the Med cruise a couple of years back, we got into a real estate deal. So alas, we won't be on board. Didn't want to post that we were going because we hadn't put down deposit. In fact, I was going to call Nick with credit cards last week before I came down to Florida. Then Bill found out about an awesome condo in our complex and by Sunday night we were under contract. So much for a peaceful weekend in St. Pete. Nick was even holding an aft balcony for us.

Having said that, we were looking forward to seeing the gang on board- Mark and Donny, Peter and Richard, Guy, Max and Bob, my birthday buddy Jim and partner Terry. Reuel, if you're on board? I've missed a few, I'm sure, and will miss all the NEW friends. You all have yourselves an AWESOME week in the sun. We'll be on another RSVP very soon, I'm sure.

Jim & Bill

We'll miss you guys too Jim. We were at Sawmill for 10 days after Christmas through New Year. Keep forgetting you are a part time Fl resident as we could have met up. Look forward to seeing you guys again on a cruise. Jim & Terry

After booking just last week.............My oh my what a read! Just read all 22 pages of posts!!!

We didn't pre-book last year while on board as we really didn't think we would get "hooked" so easily! Not only that, we didn't think we'd want to spend the funds on "another cruise" but we've since changed our outlook on life and pretty much our motto now is "you only live once!"! LMAO!

Since this will only be our second cruise ever for my partner and I, this will feel like new all over again seeing as it's on an entirely new vessel! After reading pages and pages, it seems like it's going to be totally a different experience!

I'll be emailing for the meet and greet - you may remember us from last year........... (I'm not STRESSED out this year........LOL!)

Very confused on the drink packages. By the looks of it, we don't have to "pre-purchase" drink packages ahead of time so there's lots of time to figure it out........

Was the choice made yet for the final theme?

We had a soft-drink prepaid card last year which turned out to be a bit of a piss off 'cuz if I wanted to get a can of pop at night it was next to impossible and this whole "voucher" system seems to be a bit shady in my opinion...... are they made of paper??? Cuz they're gonna get wet..........and I'm gonna hand 'em over that way too! What if they're torn? (accidentally of course perhaps due to water damage?) I always prepare for the worst!

OH! Like that gentleman arriving at 2 pm! I'm be freaking! Actually, I am freaking for you! As for finding a place to stay, hook up with someone! LOL! (don't have to do the deed, just plead headache or something!) OR if worse comes to worst, find a CANADIAN! Totally hospitable! (no offence intended here folks! just bein' my usual self!)

Does anyone from RSVP read this thread? If so maybe they have some of the answers people are looking for.

My thoughts on the Yacht club? Who needs it?! Un-necessary added expense to be separated from others. Aren't we all equals? Isn't that what was fought for on our behalf? Isn't equality still being fought for? Is gay marriage legal in your state? (ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh I'm feeling some sort of backlash here..............AGAIN! not intended to offend ANYONE..........)

Eeek! Don't remember now. Who was it in the sex class room 10169? LOL!!!

Hrmmmmmmmmm...........what else was it I was going to say...... shouldda made some notes..........I feel like we're jumping in right before the ship takes off hence why the huge post! I guess I can always post more if needed......

oh! Is the door frame metal? Last year the door wasn't metal (at least ours wasn't..) so we used the door frame for magnets.....

Too bad about Amy & Freddie. Did they not "save the day" last year?

Any updates on if coffee is chargeable or should I re-read...............

Thanks!

Pointer Sisters are coming to mind right now...............

We didn't pre-book last year while on board as we really didn't think we would get "hooked" so easily! Not only that, we didn't think we'd want to spend the funds on "another cruise" but we've since changed our outlook on life and pretty much our motto now is "you only live once!"! LMAO!

YOLO!

Was the choice made yet for the final theme?

To be announced this Friday.

oh! Is the door frame metal? Last year the door wasn't metal (at least ours wasn't..) so we used the door frame for magnets.....

The doors do not hold magnets; the fame and walls do. Doors are 26" x 78"

I just heard that the ship is 90% sold.

That's Awesome News! As we get closer to the sail date, I am getting more and more excited about going on this cruise. It's funny to me because I have been on a lot of regular cruises and I do not recall this much excitement and anticipation leading up to those cruises.

Of course being a gay man on a ship with a few thousand other gay men is something I have never experienced before either! So, I am sure that has A LOT to do with the excitement. OH - did I mention I am single too? Ready to mingle...

Woo Hoo!

That's Awesome News! As we get closer to the sail date, I am getting more and more excited about going on this cruise. It's funny to me because I have been on a lot of regular cruises and I do not recall this much excitement and anticipation leading up to those cruises.

Of course being a gay man on a ship with a few thousand other gay men is something I have never experienced before either! So, I am sure that has A LOT to do with the excitement. OH - did I mention I am single too? Ready to mingle...

Woo Hoo!

Wait.....what? This is a GAY cruise?????????

Did you book that cabin for the number?

It just so happened that way, I believe! At least it is an easy number to remember! Did I mention that those who complete the course with a passing grade will receive ship credit?

Hallelujah, there will be Church Bingo!

With such a big ship and a big theater, Sister Helen Holy will pack them in and the jackpots could get huge.

For the newbies, this is one event you should not miss. Not only do you stand a chance to win big and pay off your bar tab but you will be entertained as well.

Sister Helen does appreciate proper head attire when attending her service, so go raid grandma's attic and come on down...

It just so happened that way, I believe! At least it is an easy number to remember! Did I mention that those who complete the course with a passing grade will receive ship credit?[/quote

Is it possible to just audit the class? I can just stand in the back and watch and take notes.