RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

Good to have on your door or the wall next to the door so people can leave you messages or you can leave messages:

erase%2Bboard.jpg

Magnets don't stick to the doors, so bring something sticky. I like 3M Command strips, they come off easily (much like Max's pants):

4ac96430ec21e17a59b820537343adc06e.jpg

You gotta run like mad!

Just kidding. I don't think anyone here has sailed Divina so won't knows for sure but I doubt that spinning is the biggest draw in the gym, it's usually da weights. I think I read they do spinning in a pool on Divina.

I remember from the tour of the ship last month that the aqua spinning is in the aft pool, I believe once a day.

Good to have on your door or the wall next to the door so people can leave you messages or you can leave messages:

erase%2Bboard.jpg

Magnets don't stick to the doors, so bring something sticky. I like 3M Command strips, they come off easily (much like Max's pants):

4ac96430ec21e17a59b820537343adc06e.jpg

I think there was an earlier post about the nude beach and the nude sun deck and now Max's pants are coming down again. :eek: Any secrets to finding out where the nude sun deck is or do I have to just follow Max around? :D I actually do regularly go nude sunbathing so I would love to find out where that is happening on the ship. Sounds like that will be determined after boarding.

Another newbie question. Someone mentioned an app for the ship that will be available online. Do cel phones work on the ship just for regular calls?

Thanks again.

I thought the attached PDF may give some helpful tips for those wanting to see Maho airport flight movements. This PDF relates to my cruise on the NCL Getaway the week prior. The RSVP MSC Divina will also docks on a Tuesday. It has some information on the types of aircraft that land at the airport there and it also includes a typical Tuesday schedule showing when you can expect the "big planes" to land.

In addition to the landings, if you want to see the biggest jet blast over the beach you also don't want to miss the KLM 747 when it takes off at 1:50 on Tuesday afternoons.

...Just don't stay too late and end up missing the ship as apparentlySt Maarten traffic can get very bad very fast in the afternoons.

Thank you for the fantastic information! Very helpful!

As your ship is scheduled to depart at 6:00 PM and they suggest leaving no later than 3:00 PM, I would presume for a ship departing at 5:00 PM (as ours is scheduled to do), we should plan to leave Maho no later than 2:00 PM?

Last I heard from the RSVP folk was that they had not decided which deck will be clothing optional. On HAL ot eas the one all the way forward and on top (no pool). I think there are two possibilities and both have hot tubs and showers to rinse. No need to go search for it, it will have signs.

I also asked whether we could have a clothing optional section of beach at the private but have not heard back yet.

You gotta run like mad!

Just kidding. I don't think anyone here has sailed Divina so won't knows for sure but I doubt that spinning is the biggest draw in the gym, it's usually da weights. I think I read they do spinning in a pool on Divina.

Here you go:

http://www.examiner.com/article/bicycling-water-new-fitness-craze-on-msc-divina

Alan

I think there was an earlier post about the nude beach and the nude sun deck and now Max's pants are coming down again. :eek: Any secrets to finding out where the nude sun deck is or do I have to just follow Max around? :D I actually do regularly go nude sunbathing so I would love to find out where that is happening on the ship. Sounds like that will be determined after boarding.

Another newbie question. Someone mentioned an app for the ship that will be available online. Do cel phones work on the ship just for regular calls?

Thanks again.

Not sure I understand (or appreciate) the comments about me. :confused:

You gotta run like mad!

The plus side of the aqua class is the saddle soreness prolly is nonexistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another tip for newbies:

Many of us make "Cruise Cards" to pass out to new or old friends. They are like business cards but are valuable in keeping track of friends on the ship and later when we get home to share pictures, etc. They can be made on your computer with several programs and printed with you computer (as we did), or ordered from various companies like Vistaprint.

I tried to attach a picture of this year's card of ours, but I can't seem to do it. It includes a picture of us, our names, email addresses, address, and Cabin number on the Divina.

I haven't ordered from VistaPrint for a while. Do they have a decent turn around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no! Sorry, I didn't mean anything mean. :( Just ribbing you. :o I plan to be at the nude beach and sundeck too.

OK, no problem. I just didn't know where that came from, unless I missed a previous post. :o

There seems to be several balcony categories still available. I wonder if RSVP will offer discounted upgrades. I can understand that would piss off people who paid full price but curious if RSVP has done this in the past.

Yes, it would piss off people. So no, they haven't done it lately. They may offer some other kind of incentives.

That said, we got on our first RSVP cruise back in 2007 because they had a 2 for 1 sale; good for us but a lot of other people were very unhappy about that.

I hope everyone has a great time on this grand ship. A friend of mine who shares my ship love sailed the Divina in November and had a great time. He said he did not understand the negativity that has been published. Stated the service was fine and the food was similar to most other Caribbean cruise ships. I suspect the Divina will be a real nice break from the same old same old HAL experience.

I am sniffing around a May sailing on Divina as you can get a balcony for about $600 pp based on double occupancy. At some point I need to get back on RSVP.......I miss it.

I sail the Coral Princess on Feb 10, and will raise a glass to you all on your sailing date.....Bon Voyage!

Please write about you trip........Bertha wants to know everything.....even how many times Max flashes fellow passengers. If future cruises are announced, please post:cool:

Tom

Well, we were this close || to booking and then, just like the Med cruise a couple of years back, we got into a real estate deal. So alas, we won't be on board. Didn't want to post that we were going because we hadn't put down deposit. In fact, I was going to call Nick with credit cards last week before I came down to Florida. Then Bill found out about an awesome condo in our complex and by Sunday night we were under contract. So much for a peaceful weekend in St. Pete. Nick was even holding an aft balcony for us.

Having said that, we were looking forward to seeing the gang on board- Mark and Donny, Peter and Richard, Guy, Max and Bob, my birthday buddy Jim and partner Terry. Reuel, if you're on board? I've missed a few, I'm sure, and will miss all the NEW friends. You all have yourselves an AWESOME week in the sun. We'll be on another RSVP very soon, I'm sure.

Jim & Bill

Edited by jimnbillnpa

Having said that, we were looking forward to seeing the gang on board- Mark and Donny, Peter and Richard, Guy, Max and Bob, my birthday buddy Jim and partner Terry. Reuel, if you're on board? I've missed a few, I'm sure, and will miss all the NEW friends. You all have yourselves an AWESOME week in the sun. We'll be on another RSVP very soon, I'm sure.

Jim & Bill

We will miss you, too, Jim and Bill. Hopefully we will get to see you in Rehoboth this summer!!!

Thanks, Peter! That's a cool app. And I've been trying to find the MSC Divina app that I heard of from a friend, but I can't find it...

The MSC Divina "app" loads when you connect to the ship's wifi. When we were onboard of the tour I saw it but could not use it since you have to log in and I wasn't booked on the cruise.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)