If Carnival goes bye-bye what then?

MissMeggieMurphy

Thanks...I see what you mean. I think I need more coffee though LOL. I see people say all the time, Carnival sure does have a lot of accidents, well yes, they have a lot of ships.

Company's get it bad when bad things happen...it's unfortunate...I will continue to travel with Carnival, or any other line because we all have choices in life to make whatever decision we want.

So people, whatever choice you make is all yours and I could really care less either way...isn't it fun being an adult with so many travel options? :cool:

Btw, I need more coffee too...LOL!!!!! :)

I believe Azamara's percentage is still higher...50% over about 10% for Carnival's with your figures...lol

I get what you're saying tho...it's just all bad...we need to understand there's always risk in everything we do...just walking down a street can can be a risk at times! :o

Thanks...I see what you mean. I think I need more coffee though LOL. I see people say all the time' date=' Carnival sure does have a lot of accidents, well yes, they have a lot of ships.

So many people obviously want Carnival Corporation to go bye-bye. So what happens then and will its demise make the cruising industry better? And remember we are talking about 10 cruise lines becoming history including Carnival, Hal, Princess, Costa, Cunard, Ibero, P&O Australia, Seabourn.

That basically leaves RCCL and RCCL owned lines the only game in town.

While I am not a Carnival "cheerleader" I can't imagine where you get the idea that "so many people" want Carnival to go away. Just look at the roll calls of upcoming cruises and the many posts where future Triumph cruisers have already said that they have rebooked their cruise on another <Carnival> ship.

I think the majority just wants to see all cruiselines, not just Carnival, to take their maintenance problems more seriously.

While I am not a Carnival "cheerleader" I can't imagine where you get the idea that "so many people" want Carnival to go away. Just look at the roll calls of upcoming cruises and the many posts where future Triumph cruisers have already said that they have rebooked their cruise on another <Carnival> ship.

I think the majority just wants to see all cruiselines, not just Carnival, to take their maintenance problems more seriously.

how many is many? do you have a qualifier. i have no wish to see Carnival or any other cruise line gone but there are posters on this forum who expressed, no matter how obtusely, that they are cheerleaders for the other side and can't wait for Carnival to deep six itself. Just wondered if they have thought that one through and what it would do to their personal cruising experience.

ETA: do people really think that any cruise line is going to knowingly send a multi-million dollar (about 500 million) ship out into the open seas knowing that it probably will sink because they are too cheap to fix a $10 hose. get real!

Come on, grown ups need to be able to have discussions about things, even if those discussions include some unpleasant realities. It's possible to enjoy a Carnival cruise and also be concerned about the company's maintenance schedule. When we get onboard a company's cruise ship, we have a right to expect the vessel has been and will properly maintained and that passenger and crew safety is a top priority. It's also possible that a company hasn't been doing what it should but could now improve.

Legitimate criticism is healthy for a business, it helps them to improve and grow.

I don't think people want Carnival to go out of business. I do, however, think that consumer confidence could be won over again if they announced a new maintenance plan or something similar. They need to make people feel safe again and let the public know they are taking safety seriously. Public relations 101.

I agree. They need to switch their focus to safety and make sure the public knows it to improve consumer confidence in their brand.

The Triumph incident and resulting bad press isn't enough for a huge corporation like Carnival to go under. I think that the majority of cruise consumers (not the majority on CC, but the general public who might take a cruise) are disheartened with CCL at present, but a good PR campaign, focusing on safety improvements, would change that.

Personally, I would rather see cruise fares go up than see companies compromise on safety. If we have to take fewer cruises as a result of higher prices, so be it. A good deal isn't worth compromising your safety.

3 ships of carnival had this problem the trumiph had a problem lást week why they didnt cancel this cruise and fix the problem carnival has a very bad récord and i hope what happen know with carnival trumiph carnival goes out off business or get a big lawsuit anyway lawsuit Are in progress as we speak.peole are not traveling with carnival no moré please come by to royal caribean thread Thats real cruise and Safe líne with high tech ships. :D

I hope they close carnival down all these years something happen with carnival ships putting people lífe in danger,my friend is a travél agent yesterday over 200 people cancel there cruise with carnival they are booking rccl cruises

... I hope those 200 people enjoy their cruise. But Carnival won't close up shop because of this...

3 ships of carnival had this problem the trumiph had a problem lást week why they didnt cancel this cruise and fix the problem carnival has a very bad récord and i hope what happen know with carnival trumiph carnival goes out off business or get a big lawsuit anyway lawsuit Are in progress as we speak.peole are not traveling with carnival no moré please come by to royal caribean thread Thats real cruise and Safe líne with high tech ships. :D

Im sorry its hard to take you seriously when your claims are baseless and you speak in exaggerations only. Fyi- one brand doesn't employ a higher level of technology than another... They all make use of today's technology. Thats like saying Southwest Airlines are more high tech than Delta Airlines... Despite them all being built by Boeing or Airbus

So many people obviously want Carnival Corporation to go bye-bye. So what happens then and will its demise make the cruising industry better? And remember we are talking about 10 cruise lines becoming history including Carnival, Hal, Princess, Costa, Cunard, Ibero, P&O Australia, Seabourn.

Carnival is a big corporation and can easily absorb a hit like this. Before summer this will be out of everyone's mind and things will be back to normal. In the short term Carnival is going to have to reduce its prices a bit to keep its ships full. It's first quarter earnings will be down a bit. But by summer this will have blown over and things will be back to "normal".

Planes crash, people die, the airline is found to be at fault and yet the airline keeps flying. Take for example the American Airline's DC-10 that crashed after taking off from Chicago in May 1979. Now American Airlines just completed a merger that will make it the biggest airline in the world.

Now, which is worse, spending five days at sea with no power in unsanitary conditions with NO LOSS OF LIFE or spending a few seconds in much more comfortable surroundings before 273 get killed?

Like it or not, Carnival will survive.

Are you being serious???? Carnival isn't going to go bye-bye...and certainly not over the serious but few incidents that have happened on the QM2, Concordia, Splendor or Triumph.

From what I can tell based on honest balanced reports from people that were there...most of the unpleasantness was caused by the passengers acting like hoarding animals.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/Carnival-Triumph-Passenger-Interview-130216.cfm#axzz2L60R2Ukz

Read this article for the real story.

Oh for Gods Sakes...Carnival is not going anywhere, other then to its various ports each cruise! Carnival will get through this, just like every other large corporation before them that has had problems. Changes will come, probably in the form of how maintenance issues are reported and handled. Other then that it will be business as usual. Despite what the media wants you to believe, people will cruise again, they will NOT cancel in droves and for the most part, the public attention span for this type of event is less then 30 days. So in a month from now, they will have something else more important to focus on.

You are joking right? As big as this corporation is you think it would literally go away.

Bye bye carnival we going to a Safe cruise compañy RCCL he we come

You can't possibly believe that mechanical failures only happen on Carnival ships???? I wish you all the best on your future voyages and hope that you post which cruise line you've found that has never had mechanical issues and that you deem to be safe.

I think when the truth comes out about the Triumph, you will find that the fire they had on board was NOT related to earlier maintenance issues.

I agree completely. I believe that their maintenance plan is thorough and inline with what other cruiselines also do. I don't believe that Carnival or any other cruiseline would be lax in that regard, knowing the liability that they would open themselves to.

Archived