The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

The cards are one and the same. When you purchase the program, they attach a martini glass sticker to the front so the bartenders know and then they swipe it and your drink count begins.

Gotcha!

I wasn't planning to buy the Cheers package and just paying as I go but if they offer the $5 match play coupons when my wife and I go it is almost a non-brainer. Two even money bets opposite each other on the pass line/dont pass and/or come/dont come lines would cancel each out netting $5 each roll of the dice. Example I place $5 and a $5 match play coupon on the pass line. My wife places the same bet on the don't pass line. One bet would win netting $10 and one bet would lose $5 (except if 12 is rolled than you lose money $5 and push the other bet) 15 X$5 profit or $75 per day making the drink packages nearly free (as long you are only drinking classic cocktails. ) Additional you might be earning comps while playing each day (Not sure how liberal the comps are) Roulette might work the same way but you would lose both bets if 0/00 came up so it is not as good (I assume they don't have en prison rules) House edge on pass line 1.41% and roulette wheel is 5.2 so I would stick with craps.

Is my logic off? I believe the match play coupons are good for even money bets.

I wasn't planning to buy the Cheers package and just paying as I go but if they offer the $5 match play coupons when my wife and I go it is almost a non-brainer. Two even money bets opposite each other on the pass line/dont pass and/or come/dont come lines would cancel each out netting $5 each roll of the dice. Example I place $5 and a $5 match play coupon on the pass line. My wife places the same bet on the don't pass line. One bet would win netting $10 and one bet would lose $5 (except if 12 is rolled than you lose money $5 and push the other bet) 15 X$5 profit or $75 per day making the drink packages nearly free (as long you are only drinking classic cocktails. ) Additional you might be earning comps while playing each day (Not sure how liberal the comps are) Roulette might work the same way but you would lose both bets if 0/00 came up so it is not as good (I assume they don't have en prison rules) House edge on pass line 1.41% and roulette wheel is 5.2 so I would stick with craps.

Your logic is off because it is match play, you must match the bet, so your minimum bet would be $10. All you could get is a push.

If I have the Cheers program and want to buy a bucket of beers they are 20% off and do not count toward the 15 drink limit. Right?

Correct, but if you get the right server they will get you a bucket of beer, they then swipe your card every 5-10 min. Did this for us on the Breeze :)

The cards are one and the same. When you purchase the program, they attach a martini glass sticker to the front so the bartenders know and then they swipe it and your drink count begins.

What you say is true, except the sticker really doesn't matter. Yes they will sticker it, but if you need to replace your S&S card they will not replace the sticker. The computer is what tells them you have the cheers program and how many drinks you've had.

Originally Posted by CheapieD viewpost.gif

Your logic is off because it is match play, you must match the bet, so your minimum bet would be $10. All you could get is a push.

Actually, the logic is correct. You would get paid $10 for the winning bet plus match play and still have the original $5 wager.

You may want to consider throwing a $1 bet on the 12 as well and hope it hits at 30-1. That would guarantee either a $4 profit or a $25 profit(and a chance to use the match play coupon again from the don't pass push).

Edited by Elevens

:confused: Someone said that the Cheers Program is no longer going to be accepted on Half Moon Cay, is this true?? That's one reason we were going to buy it on our next cruise.

Yes that is true. My theory is that there is no way to monitor the number of drinks as they write everything down instead of running through the computer. At least that is what they did the last time I was on HMC.

Just got back from cruising on the Pride and we used the Cheers program. Maxed out our 15 drinks on a few days and we couldn't even buy another drink after that. Very lame. :confused:

That's why it's wise to bring some alcohol with you. Luckily I had a full bottle of rum and we were able to keep making drinks.

Oh, and we made out great on the Cheers program. Consumed over 160 drinks and the bar tab would have been around $1550-$1600 without Cheers.

Here's a tip to maximize Cheers:

If you drink white wine, the Pinot is $9.50 a glass.

Upgrade to premium liquor in every drink.

Shots of Patron Silver are $9.95. Either do the shot or make it with club and lime.

Ok...am I crazy or are the new BV prices outrageous? Last year on the Splendor I paid $40 or $45 for a bottle of Bacardi, and I looked this year and it's $60 or $65...I can't see paying that much :mad:

Ok...am I crazy or are the new BV prices outrageous? Last year on the Splendor I paid $40 or $45 for a bottle of Bacardi, and I looked this year and it's $60 or $65...I can't see paying that much :mad:

Way to much

Just back from the Liberty. Cheers was 49.99 plus tip. We had no problem getting a drink and spacer in one order. DH could take both our cards and get each of us a drink. We did stick to the same bar area so they somewhat knew us.

with the price increase and the 15 drink limit that is contained within the Cheers program, you do have another choice......

There is a booking window from June 1-19 for all cruises in the Caribbean, Europe, Asia or Australia that depart between September 1, 2013 and April 30, 2014 on Celebrity Cruise line and it will include for FREE, their basic classic alcohol package, which they normally charge 44 bucks plus 15% for. For an extra 11.50/day, you can upgrade to the premium package. The classic package includes all beers up to 5 bucks and all wine and mixed drinks up to 8 bucks. The premium package increases both of those limits to 12.00 per drink. There is also NO LIMIT to the amount of drinks that you can consume.

I'm a loyal Platinum Carnival cruiser with 17 cruises on CCL under my belt. I enjoyed the Cheers package in January on the Breeze as well. But with a promotion like this, my next two cruises are booked on Celebrity. They ran this promotion during two different time periods since the beginning of the year and I just wanted to spread the word for those on this thread that may be looking for other options and for those who are fed up with the price increase and the 15 drink limit.

This thread is a mine of good information but the one salient point that stands out for me is the cost of drinks on board as well as the cost of the drinks packages.

It is theft on a grand scale.

I am on a Carnival ship this July and they are quoting a price of $26.50 plus "gratuity" for a bottle of Californian Sauvignon Blanc which you can get for £5.00 or $7.50 in my local store.:mad::mad:

Now that is robbery in anyones book.

p.s. Does anyone know if Carnival sell house wines at the restaurants like HAL and Cunard perchance

Edited by hintanjul
forgot the last question!

I think people will pay high prices to drink.....I mean if people want to do it they will pay....the price per drink is not super high compared to bars around where we live....it's just different when your on the boat for each day.....

This thread is a mine of good information but the one salient point that stands out for me is the cost of drinks on board as well as the cost of the drinks packages.

It is theft on a grand scale.

I am on a Carnival ship this July and they are quoting a price of $26.50 plus "gratuity" for a bottle of Californian Sauvignon Blanc which you can get for £5.00 or $7.50 in my local store.:mad::mad:

Now that is robbery in anyones book.

p.s. Does anyone know if Carnival sell house wines at the restaurants like HAL and Cunard perchance

No different from what restaurants and hotels charge. Not saying its right or wrong, just what it is.

I agree about the hotel part but I should have emphasised that if you want a drink on your balcony you will be robbed by their high pricing if you buy from the cruise bars. In a hotel we always take a few drinks with us when we are getting ready, relaxing etc etc:)

With the baggage screening nowadays that may not be possible. They are basically holding you to ransom IF you like to have a drink.