The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

We are just off the Pride on Sunday, and the price with tip is now $804 per couple on a 7 day cruise and they also took away being able to use it on HMC! Six of us had it and it cost a little over $2400.00 and we all said we would get it again. It just sucked we were the first cruise with the price increase!

I just spoke with a rep and they said $42.95.

I don't care what some no brain, no nothing "rep" said. I know what I paid.

IMG_0151.JPG

Black and white confirmation of the 7.00 price increase, which is really 8.05 with tip, or 56.35 for a 7 day cruise. :(

It's getting up there to the point where I wonder if it's really a good deal anymore... especially if you wouldn't normally purchase the soda card.

My DIY with bon voyage bottle and 32 drink coupons cost alot less than this.

I thought I had read somewhere (maybe even in this thread) that there was one ship at $49 and the rest still at $42.

It would not surprise me that the beards are testing it on one ship and seeing how the price increase will effect the numbers. If the numbers are fairly similar, then they will implement the increase to the other ships in the fleet that are offering the Cheers program. Of course on the other hand, if the numbers are substantially lower, then the increase fleet wide with participating ships will not happen.

I thought I had read somewhere (maybe even in this thread) that there was one ship at $49 and the rest still at $42.

Just got off of the Conquest Sunday...the Cheers pkg was $49.95 + 15% gratuity...$57.44 per day...$402.08 per person for 7 days

That's 5 confirmed - Conquest, Breeze, Liberty, Pride, Splendor.

I think it's going fleetwide.

Edited by big_duck

:cool:Well there were plenty of people posting how they were going to try to "cheat" the system!!:rolleyes: There are Carnival employees reading these threads!!;) Guess who pays for the cheaters!!! Those of us who use the program the right way!!:cool:

Edited by kansas kruiser

It would not surprise me that the beards are testing it on one ship and seeing how the price increase will effect the numbers. If the numbers are fairly similar, then they will implement the increase to the other ships in the fleet that are offering the Cheers program. Of course on the other hand, if the numbers are substantially lower, then the increase fleet wide with participating ships will not happen.

Yeah I think that's what it is.

I just spoke to another rep about it and he said its $42 on the ship I'm sailing on and the price definitely varies per ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I want a non alcoholic drink at HMC and I have the cheers program do I still have to pay for the drink? I can't see having a non alcoholic drink on the beach but you never know.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

If I want a non alcoholic drink at HMC and I have the cheers program do I still have to pay for the drink? I can't see having a non alcoholic drink on the beach but you never know.

If the Cheers program is no longer valid on HMC for an alcoholic drink, what makes you think that it will be valid for a non-alcoholic one?

After actually experiencing the alcohol prices on board (I saw the menus but I guess it didn't sink in) the Cheers! program is a no brainer if you like drinking. Two cocktails at The Alchemy bar alone for us was $22.

After actually experiencing the alcohol prices on board (I saw the menus but I guess it didn't sink in) the Cheers! program is a no brainer if you like drinking. Two cocktails at The Alchemy bar alone for us was $22.

Would those type of drinks be covered under the Cheers program?

Isn't there a $10.00 price limit on the drinks you can get with the card?

I think there is a 25% discount on drinks over $10.00.

Edited by kelz66

Would those type of drinks be covered under the Cheers program?

Drinks up to $10 are included.

I'm guessing the Alchemy Bar cocktails at two for $22 includes gratuity; if so, they would be included under Cheers.

That's why I am asking if you can use it for soda at HMC. The endless bubbles worked I believe when we were there two years ago.

Edited by jpennin217

Because there is no 15 drink limit on non-alcoholic drinks.

Cheers is not valid on HMC. Doesn't matter what the drink is, it's not valid.

So with the Cheers program I could order a virgin piña colada and a shot of rum and mix it myself. This would count as two drinks?

Yes, two drinks, and you'd have to order them 5 minutes apart. I'm not sure why you'd do this, but to each their own.