The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Alright, I'm not more confused than ever. :o

So this might be a dumb question.... but....

if I purchase the Cheers program, I have to purchase it for the entire cruise?? :confused: I can't just purchase for one sea day? I'm not going to drink 15 drinks a day for 7 days. But maybe for one sea day.

Also...

My husband and I are going to be in different cabins. We are a family of 5 and have to book two cabins. So only one of us can buy the Cheers program, right? We both don't have to? (The other people in the cabins are our young children.)

if I purchase the Cheers program, I have to purchase it for the entire cruise?? :confused: I can't just purchase for one sea day? I'm not going to drink 15 drinks a day for 7 days. But maybe for one sea day.

Also...

My husband and I are going to be in different cabins. We are a family of 5 and have to book two cabins. So only one of us can buy the Cheers program, right? We both don't have to? (The other people in the cabins are our young children.)

Yes, you have to buy it for the duration of the cruise. No you cannot just buy it for one day.

All of the adults (over 21) in the same cabin have to buy the package. It depends on how you book it.

If you book the two adults in the same cabin and the children in the other, you both will have to buy it. If you book one adult in each cabin, only one will have to.

ETA- 15 is the limit, you don't have to reach it. you don't have to drink 15 drinks to make the program worth the money. On the first page or so there is a break down of how many drinks of each type (beer are cheaper so you have to drink more beer to get your money's worth).

Edited by 1kaper

I did not want to read all 57 pages, so I read back just a few. I wanted to ensure everyone understood what 'cut-off' means at present (I had Cheers on Liberty a few weeks ago and will get it again next Saturday on Splendor):

I found this out the hard way - We boarded early and bought Cheers. I am a steady drinker but do not do shots, etc. Just wine, Bloody Marys, JD, and Scotch (and the occasional Corona Lights poolside). On day 1 at 10:30pm, I was in the karaoke bar and tried to order a Scotch. The bartender said "I am sorry but you have reached your limit of 15 drinks, I cannot serve you." I replied, "That is ok, I'll pay for them outside of the Cheers program." to which he replied, "No sir, once you hit 15 you cannot purchase any more alcohol until 6am."

I wound up having my cabin mate buy me drinks using his card (not on his cheers program) then reimbursed him. Every day after that, we kept count of our drinks and when we each hit #14, we kept buying each other drinks...

So - don't hit #15 unless you are going to stop drinking.

ALSO - once 'cut-off' you can still order beer from Room Service if you have it charged to your Sign & Sail tab.

Also...

If you don't really plan on drinking that much, cheers is not for you. Just pay as you go.

If you don't really plan on drinking that much, cheers is not for you. Just pay as you go.

You can skip paying for the first day but you must buy it for the rest of the cruise...

Truly it seems this program will not be beneficial for you.

If you book the two adults in the same cabin and the children in the other, you both will have to buy it. If you book one adult in each cabin, only one will have to.

Kind of off topic from the "cheers" program..... but can you even book children in their own cabin without an adult? :confused: I just assumed you couldn't.

Also...

So you know, you only need to drink 6 to 10 drinks to break even with cheers, depending on what you drink. And you won't both need to buy it, just one.

I read that for this program you don't get charged for debarkation day but can you still buy drinks with breakfast before you get off the boat?

Are you allowed to get to the maximum of 15 on that last day before you get off the ship?