The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

It depends, how many Corona's do you plan on drinking a day?

You could have added that to brake even you would need 10 Coronas. Also if you order speciality coffee or energy drinks that would be a plus. I understand all it takes is a simple google search to find out that Coronas cost 4.95 plus 15% gratuity. If you add in a coctail or two or a glass of wine or so it changes everything.

http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/719-carnival-cruise-alcohol-drink-prices

I asked this question several weeks ago in another post but didn't get an answer - so here goes:

I've had CHEERS on the last few cruises - not sure I broke even, but I will no doubt continue to purchase it. When I've tried to upgrade to top shelf liquor - not a problem if I order a Margarita (ask for patron) or if I'm ordering a grapefruit/vodka (ask for Grey Goose), but when I asked to upgrade when ordering one of CCL's mixed drinks - specifically The Cruiser which contains vodka, rum, peach schnapps, etc. - I was told that they are pre-mixed and I can't upgrade??? However, I watch them mix it while I'm waiting - with crappy vodka - so what's the story?

Can you get top shelf in any drink or not? How about frozen drinks - Twilight Zone, for example - I could have sworn on the Breeze they were upgraded, but on this last cruise on Magic it was a no go. Has anyone else had this problem?

I asked this question several weeks ago in another post but didn't get an answer - so here goes:

I've had CHEERS on the last few cruises - not sure I broke even, but I will no doubt continue to purchase it. When I've tried to upgrade to top shelf liquor - not a problem if I order a Margarita (ask for patron) or if I'm ordering a grapefruit/vodka (ask for Grey Goose), but when I asked to upgrade when ordering one of CCL's mixed drinks - specifically The Cruiser which contains vodka, rum, peach schnapps, etc. - I was told that they are pre-mixed and I can't upgrade??? However, I watch them mix it while I'm waiting - with crappy vodka - so what's the story?

Can you get top shelf in any drink or not? How about frozen drinks - Twilight Zone, for example - I could have sworn on the Breeze they were upgraded, but on this last cruise on Magic it was a no go. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have never had a problem "upgrading" to a premium brand regardless of what I'm ordering. I just ask for Grey Goose, Patron, etc. However if you are having problems with that...a couple of $ could have the solved real quick.

Same question. We asked about the Cheers package where only my daughter and I drink, my husband and son do not. Our carnival agent suggested that my daughter and I book as rooming together so that we could buy the cheers package on line and then switch rooms once we are on board. Has anyone done this and did it work?

Our upcoming cruise I have the 3 kids booked in my room and the rest of the non-drinking adults in the other room. Once we board my wife will just get a room key for our room and we'll be all set. Only I have to buy CHEERS! and I will be getting well over my moneys worth. I'm guessing double.

I understand the desire to "get the best" if it's already paid for, anyway. But, most cruise ship cocktails are a waste of top-shelf liquor. Once you mix it with juices, syrups, fruit, etc., it might as well be any liquor.

I understand the desire to "get the best" if it's already paid for, anyway. But, most cruise ship cocktails are a waste of top-shelf liquor. Once you mix it with juices, syrups, fruit, etc., it might as well be any liquor.

I disagree. There are quite a few people that have fewer/less hangover symptoms from premium brands vs house brands.

Personally I can't tell the difference between a 10.00 plastic bottle of Vodka, Sky, Skull or Gray Goose. Now I would much rather have a Bombay Sapphire G&T over Beefeaters or Seagram's. I also agree that it is a waste of most Top Shelf Brands when it is added to fruity coctails.

As for the lack of hangover with top shelf all I can assume is that you don't drink as many because they normally cost more. I have always drank a big glass of water before bed and drink water throughout the day and have not had problems with a hangover.[/url]

Edited by A_Sea_Bugg

Thank you for your expert's observation.

gary

Just off the Sunshine and enjoyed my first cruise with the updated Cheers. It is a bad, bad idea to include those marvelous spiked milk shakes!! :D

Frozen Irish coffees.........don't get me started!

and the elusive $50 dollar drink. This is all we found and it isn't included. In the steak house.

14666276_1408976315796610_161390727127971496_n.jpg?oh=8df838163d7154020e7d3a025f61e282&oe=58627635

Just off the Sunshine and enjoyed my first cruise with the updated Cheers. It is a bad, bad idea to include those marvelous spiked milk shakes!! :D

Frozen Irish coffees.........don't get me started!

and the elusive $50 dollar drink. This is all we found and it isn't included. In the steak house.

14666276_1408976315796610_161390727127971496_n.jpg?oh=8df838163d7154020e7d3a025f61e282&oe=58627635

Hey...at least you get 25% off of that $60 with CHEERS!

So they are included. Just not at the steak house?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Worded slightly wrong. :)

Found this menu in the steak house. Did not find anything else around the ship.

It is not included in Cheers because it is over the $50 price. You would get a 25% discount.

I have never had a problem "upgrading" to a premium brand regardless of what I'm ordering. I just ask for Grey Goose, Patron, etc. However if you are having problems with that...a couple of $ could have the solved real quick.

Lol - actually I always tip extra in cash. I just thought it was strange - maybe instead of asking for top shelf I should specifically say "for the vodka, please use Grey Goose" when ordering one of their specialty drinks like The Cruiser.

Just go to the Alchemy Bar and have one of the "alcohol pharmacists" make a delicious concoction for you using premium ingredients.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I do frequent the Alchemy if they have it on the ship - I love The Remedy among others, but they don't have Alchemy on all ships - like the Breeze or the Paradise (my next short little get-away). I wish all ships would get the Alchemy.

Actually I can definitely tell the difference in Vodkas - especially when mixed with fruit juice (specifically grapefruit juice).

And I feel like I can tell the difference in the tequila used in Margaritas - Petron seems to make it much smoother - but, that may only be in my head.

My husband and I are debating. We have cruised both ways with Cheers and without. He thinks it's too restrictive because he likes to buy buckets of beer to take to the balcony and also enjoys drinking double shots of Crown Royal. I think it's perfect because it saves us around $300 for a 8 day cruise. Now that they've added coffee, water and other stuff to the package, it will save us even more. What are you opinions? Help us decide if we should purchase it for our next 8 days in February.

Edited by summersalt

My husband and I are debating. We have cruised both ways with Cheers and without. He thinks it's too restrictive because he likes to buy buckets of beer to take to the balcony and also enjoys drinking double shots of Crown Royal. I think it's perfect because it saves us around $300 for a 8 day cruise. Now that they've added coffee, water and other stuff to the package, it will save us even more. What are you opinions? Help us decide if we should purchase it for our next 8 days in February.

If it is saving money then buying buckets is no problem. One of the beers from the bucket is included, the remainder are paid as extra. A double shot? Order one, wait 5 minutes for another OR you order a single along with him. $300+ savings is nothing to scoff at.