The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

I will be purchasing the Cheers program and sailing out of Galveston.. I am aware I can not use the program to order drinks with alcohol on my first day at sea; however, can I use the program to get my non-alcohol drinks? Or do I also have to wait until my second day at sea. TIA

Was watching an 'expert' on a Youtube video.

He said drinks packages are a waste of money!

He said you only hit your max on the first day!

Challenge accepted!

3 Sea days on our coming up cruise, should make it easier to get our money back! :-)

Based on advice from fellow CCers, I wrote to guest relations and confirmed they would accept our Verizon gift cards to purchase cheers on board at the pre cruise price. Well.....yesterday I was able to order Cheers on line through Carnival - it finally works!!!!

We used 8 $100 GC's, and have received email confirmation. We can also see the purchase in our on-line portfolio.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be purchasing the Cheers program and sailing out of Galveston.. I am aware I can not use the program to order drinks with alcohol on my first day at sea; however, can I use the program to get my non-alcohol drinks? Or do I also have to wait until my second day at sea. TIA

I saw the answer was that the package will not activate until the second day - and this means no cheers program (alcohol or non-alcohol) for day 1.

When Sailing out of Galveston, when exactly does the Cheers program kick in? When does the second day start? If we are leaving on Saturday, is it usable Sunday Morning at 6am?

Also when does it end? We return to port the following Saturday Morning,

I've searched and can't find: Bottled sparkling/mineral water at dinner? (like Pellegrino or Perrier). Is this included in Cheers? And can someone who has gone to the bar at the steakhouse for a glass of wine (without having dinner there) chime in on what's actually available there? I've previously found the wine list at Carnival mostly lacking - read: inexpensive. If I can get more moderate wines, I'm likely to get the Cheers package. Although not a 15/day drinker, the thought of not thinking about that sail and sign bill on the final day is appealing.

I've searched and can't find: Bottled sparkling/mineral water at dinner? (like Pellegrino or Perrier). Is this included in Cheers? And can someone who has gone to the bar at the steakhouse for a glass of wine (without having dinner there) chime in on what's actually available there? I've previously found the wine list at Carnival mostly lacking - read: inexpensive. If I can get more moderate wines, I'm likely to get the Cheers package. Although not a 15/day drinker, the thought of not thinking about that sail and sign bill on the final day is appealing.

The Pellagrino and Perrier are covered in the large format but only in the dining establishments on the ship (ie: main dining room, steakhouse, and the cuchina). They are not available in the lido dinning area or any of the bars. As far as the wines at the steakhouse, while there are better and moderately more expensive glasses of wine there is nothing available by the glass that are more than about $20 per glass. If you talk to the bartender they may have something that they can offer that isn't on the list. I hope this helps a little.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Forums mobile app

The Pellagrino and Perrier are covered in the large format but only in the dining establishments on the ship (ie: main dining room, steakhouse, and the cuchina). They are not available in the lido dinning area or any of the bars. As far as the wines at the steakhouse, while there are better and moderately more expensive glasses of wine there is nothing available by the glass that are more than about $20 per glass. If you talk to the bartender they may have something that they can offer that isn't on the list. I hope this helps a little.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Forums mobile app

Great! Thanks for your reply.

The cheers package runs 6am to 6am. So it would end on debarkation day at 6. Although I don't think anything is open past 2. The coffee shop doesn't open til 7 I think. (Bummer)

When you purchase a bottle of wine at 25% off it does not count toward your 15.

I can't remember the wine selections in the Steakhouse on the Dream last Sept, but I know the cabernet I ordered was either the same or comparable to what I ordered in the mdr and everywhere else. $9 to $10 a glass. We did get a $20 glass of champagne one night for our anniversary. (More about the price since it was a blush!)

If I'm remembering correctly, they did have pricier selections in the white wine category. (Maybe $12 options) But I can't say for certain as we only drink red.

I apologize in advance for the dumb question. I tried to find the answer myself but can't get through all 110 pages of this thread!

This is our first cruise and I am considering the Cheers package. If we have dinner in the main dining room, are drinks included with the Cheers program? Not just wine but beer and Coke too?

Thanks for your help and pardon the ignorance!

• 2 weeks later...