The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

I noticed many comments about sailing out of Galveston. Does that apply for NOLA as well? I will be on a 5 day cruise. I noticed when I went online to pay it charged for all 5 days (574) so it cost for the last day as well?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I noticed many comments about sailing out of Galveston. Does that apply for NOLA as well? I will be on a 5 day cruise. I noticed when I went online to pay it charged for all 5 days (574) so it cost for the last day as well?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's really 5 nights, so you are charged for boarding day/night, and then the following 4 nights. Not the morning of departure as all bars are closed.

ok so I didn't realise this bit:

*Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest's Sail and Sign account.

Is this new? I see a lot of people commenting that they couldn't "buy" alcoholic drinks with the Cheers package. One of the reasons i wasn't going to get Cheers on my upcoming cruise is that we like to purchase a bucket of beer and take it back to the room when getting ready for the evening, and it sounded like a hassle buying one, then waiting 5 mins to buy another etc.

So you are still allowed to buy beers on board as well as having the Cheers package?

ok so I didn't realise this bit:

*Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest's Sail and Sign account.

Is this new? I see a lot of people commenting that they couldn't "buy" alcoholic drinks with the Cheers package. One of the reasons i wasn't going to get Cheers on my upcoming cruise is that we like to purchase a bucket of beer and take it back to the room when getting ready for the evening, and it sounded like a hassle buying one, then waiting 5 mins to buy another etc.

So you are still allowed to buy beers on board as well as having the Cheers package?

You defiantly CAN buy drinks when you have Cheers! You just have to tell the bartender what drink your going to use with Cheers! and what your going to pay for.

You just can't buy any more drinks once you have used your 15th drink.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a question:

Say the wife and I buy 3 drinks on the first day, then decide to buy the Cheers program after those 3 drinks.

Will those 3 drinks count as the 15/day limit? Or am I paying for those drinks separately in my final bill?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a question:

Say the wife and I buy 3 drinks on the first day, then decide to buy the Cheers program after those 3 drinks.

Will those 3 drinks count as the 15/day limit? Or am I paying for those drinks separately in my final bill?

The first time I bought cheers I had two beers before I decided I should buy cheers...And I was charged for those drinks.

I just checked on my 14 day cruise and it would cost us more then $1600.00. Do they think people are stupid? Buy a couple of bottles for your cabin and a soda card that is already over priced and save $1400.00. Maybe we should start looking at a cruise line that has a better program. hint hint. ;p

Have never bought Cheers before, but considering it for our September cruise. I am going to read thru this thread eventually. I am working backwards and have a few pages read, but maybe someone can answer now: I like wine spritzers. About 3/4 wine and top off with lemon lime soda. If non alc drinks are unlimited on Cheers, can I order a glass of wine AND a can of Sprite and have it count as ONE drink? Also, one other question. We are sailing from NY. I learned that Cheers will not be available until the lst full day. If I purchase it before hand I will save $5/pp/day, so $30/pp and $60/couple. Can I order it before the cruise for the "reduced fee" but not have it valid until the lst day? TIA and sorry if this has been asked and answered. :o

Have never bought Cheers before, but considering it for our September cruise. I am going to read thru this thread eventually. I am working backwards and have a few pages read, but maybe someone can answer now: I like wine spritzers. About 3/4 wine and top off with lemon lime soda. If non alc drinks are unlimited on Cheers, can I order a glass of wine AND a can of Sprite and have it count as ONE drink? Also, one other question. We are sailing from NY. I learned that Cheers will not be available until the lst full day. If I purchase it before hand I will save $5/pp/day, so $30/pp and $60/couple. Can I order it before the cruise for the "reduced fee" but not have it valid until the lst day? TIA and sorry if this has been asked and answered. :o

Your sprites are unlimited. Technically I think you're supposed to order the wine and wait 5 mins before ordering the sprite but it'll depend on the bartender.

If you order it online now they'll charge you for all but the first day and you get it at the reduced rate.

Your sprites are unlimited. Technically I think you're supposed to order the wine and wait 5 mins before ordering the sprite but it'll depend on the bartender.

If you order it online now they'll charge you for all but the first day and you get it at the reduced rate.

(y):tropical-drink: Thank you!

Wouldn't most bartenders know a wine spritzer is wine and Sprite?

I wouldn't think you'd have to wait for a rum and Coke.

Bartenders probably do...I don't. :loudcry:

I thought she was asking for it separate like when people want a bottle of water with the drink.

They aren't going to give you a can of coke with a glass of rum are they? They're just going to put some coke in the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because I want to "make my own" lol. :o I like to just top it with the soda and I also like to have it icy cold, so put ice cubes in the wine. So I would much rather make my own! I have been to thousands of places since I was of legal age to drink and I have never had a spritzer made that I like lol. It's my one quirk!!!! :o:eek::evilsmile:;p

Bartenders probably do...I don't. :loudcry:

I thought she was asking for it separate like when people want a bottle of water with the drink.

They aren't going to give you a can of coke with a glass of rum are they? They're just going to put some coke in the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I understand what you are saying. But rum and coke is a mixed drink. What I like isn't "technically" a wine spritzer. I just kind of like to have some little lemon lime refresher mixed in with white wine. And I like ice cubes in the glass too. I can't just ask for a glass of wine with a shot of lemon lime soda on top, so I just very discreetly make it that way. I know, wine connosiers (sp??) are going to break out in a sweat and faint!!! :eek: It's my one and only quirk. Otherwise I am quite a normal person!!! :cool: