Internet package

GingerCandy

Definitely wait until you're on board but keep your eyes open for a possible embarkation day package. Sometimes you'll get some extra minutes if you purchase on the first day.

I havent seen first day bonus minute offers, in about 6 months. Curious to see if any members have seen it lately.

I havent seen first day bonus minute offers, in about 6 months. Curious to see if any members have seen it lately.

After I posted I started wondering about it - since we made Elite, I've been using those minutes instead so I haven't purchased a package for awhile. Sorry if I gave any misinformation but it could be worth asking about.

The bonus for signing up the first day seems to have disappeared. We did find that since we had booked through a TA that gave us (unknown to us) group rates, we qualified for 20% bonus minutes because we were part of a group...another reason to use a TA, I guess. It was not combineable with our elite free minutes...darn!

The only time, and only way, to purchase a package is when you're actually signing into the system to access the internet on board. If you do not already have a package with minutes left then every time you log onto the internet on board you're asked if you want to purchase a package or if you just want to pay the per minute rate (currently $0.75/min).

If you have an Elite Captain's Club coupon for 90 free minutes then, in the past, the procedure has been to purchase a 90 minute package for $50, or any larger package. Then give the coupon to the computer room staff who will have a credit of $50 applied to your account to offset the $50 charge. I'm not sure how the bonus minute coupons are processed but I'd guess the same way - the staff will tell you in any event.

Yes, on our recent back to back on the Constellation we got a 10% bonus for signing up for a package on the first day of the second cruise, 2/09 sailing.

Yes, on our recent back to back on the Constellation we got a 10% bonus for signing up for a package on the first day of the second cruise, 2/09 sailing.

Hi Orv,

Thanks very much. Funny, I asked a few weeks ago on Connie, and was told they weren't offering discounts on Day 1. Looks like it continues to be offered -without any regularity.

• 2 weeks later...
The only time, and only way, to purchase a package is when you're actually signing into the system to access the internet on board. If you do not already have a package with minutes left then every time you log onto the internet on board you're asked if you want to purchase a package or if you just want to pay the per minute rate (currently $0.75/min).

If you have an Elite Captain's Club coupon for 90 free minutes then, in the past, the procedure has been to purchase a 90 minute package for $50, or any larger package. Then give the coupon to the computer room staff who will have a credit of $50 applied to your account to offset the $50 charge. I'm not sure how the bonus minute coupons are processed but I'd guess the same way - the staff will tell you in any event.

We are doing back-to-back cruises on Celebrity. If we do not use up all the minutes for the first cruise, would we get to use the leftover minutes on the next one?

We are doing back-to-back cruises on Celebrity. If we do not use up all the minutes for the first cruise, would we get to use the leftover minutes on the next one?

No, just like your onboard charge account, they are completely seperate. To Celebrity B2B is just like cruising during seperate months, you just dont have to go home and come back inbetween:)

Last month on the Connie when you signed up during the first day they reduced the price per minute by 10%. So I got the free 90 minute package ($0.55 per minute), they charged $0.50 per minute giving me 100 minutes. We still see this VERY frequently.

Archived