Unlimited Beverage Package

Jalex63

Yes we know that the package includes non alcolohic drinks as well, holland america should not be counting them into the 15 drink factor. I could drink at least 3 coffees in a day, 5 waters, juice and a smoothie and then only be able to have 5 alcoholic drinks as it limits you to 15 drinks! On the last celebrity cruise my husband got the medium drink package any drink up to 8 i got the more expensive package which was any drink up to 12. My daughter does not drink so got the non alcoholic package which was 16 a day, It was well worth it. I will bring my own wine on this cruise so then i dont need the package, but it would have been nice if my husband could have gotten it.

Yes we know that the package includes non alcolohic drinks as well, holland america should not be counting them into the 15 drink factor. I could drink at least 3 coffees in a day, 5 waters, juice and a smoothie and then only be able to have 5 alcoholic drinks as it limits you to 15 drinks! On the last celebrity cruise my husband got the medium drink package any drink up to 8 i got the more expensive package which was any drink up to 12. My daughter does not drink so got the non alcoholic package which was 16 a day, It was well worth it. I will bring my own wine on this cruise so then i dont need the package, but it would have been nice if my husband could have gotten it.

The package may not be riight for you.

Edited by Cruiz'nBaers

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW I just got of the Azamara Quest a few months ago for a 10 day S. America cruise. Only 2 sea days and many, many late nights in the ports. Keep in mind, Azamara also pours free wine during lunch and dinner, and they pour freely!!! Also, anything non-alcoholic was also included (specialty coffee, soft drinks, etc. and bottled water was everywhere to just "grab 'n go"). It was nice.

That said, quite a few of the 550 people aboard had the drink package (us included, and it was $39.95, gratuity included (as are general gratuities on this line)). And this is an older, well traveled group! We got our money worth, primarily since several of the ports we were back on the ship by 2pm. Nobody was drunk - this I assure you, but a bunch of us made some good friends being "bar flies". A small group of younger (and by younger I mean 40's - early 50's) were having a great time at some of the bars and ended dining together several nights. NOTHING like carnival beer-bong stuff!!! The only problem we had was that their caprihina on the ship was downright NOT GOOD! And that was their daily special drink almost every day. And having spent much time in Rio, I know a good caprihina and this was basically lime juice and casacha. Eww... :p

I must add for those doing B2B - I think you purchase the package per leg. Or so it was on Azamara (and I believe Celebrity).... Not sure about HAL, but it would seem reasonable (but do ask!).

Point being - makes sense for some, not for others. Simple math and an evaluation of your habits while on vacation (and considering you port schedule) will lead you to your decision. Nice to have options though. :)

Edited by corpkid

• 1 year later...

got a gift from TA all Incl beverage package on my upcoming Maasdam cruise TA told us it is for any drink 7$ or less , does anyone know if after dinner drinks like "Baileys Irish Cream "or Grand Marnier cost under 7$ I am guessing 7 $and less is great for a cold beer during the day at any bar but can I use the package for drink of the day they usually under 7 $ any info would be great ....:D

got a gift from TA all Incl beverage package on my upcoming Maasdam cruise TA told us it is for any drink 7$ or less , does anyone know if after dinner drinks like "Baileys Irish Cream "or Grand Marnier cost under 7$ I am guessing 7 $and less is great for a cold beer during the day at any bar but can I use the package for drink of the day they usually under 7 $ any info would be great ....:D

Here you go. This link should parachute you into the middle of a thread where all the choices are listed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42154126

Wines and corkage and bars, Oh my! (Signature Beverage Pkg, Beverage Cards & Corkage)