Unlimited Beverage Package

Jalex63

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere, but a quick search did not reveal it anywhere. Just returned this morning from the Noordam Southern Caribbean 10 day that departed on Feb. 8th and want to report that HAL was offering an unlimited beverage package on this voyage priced at $39.95 pp, per day. Very similar to package offered on some Carnival Ships. Applied to all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages priced at or below $7.00 and as per Carnival required that everyone sharing the same stateroom had to purchase the package.

Edited by Jalex63
sp

Thank you for this information.

You are the first to report that HAL -- at least on the Noordam -- has a beverage package.

At $39.99 per person per day-- limit up to $7 price wise for a drink -- there is no way we could drink $80 of alcohol and we do not drink soda. No need to buy bottles of water as the tap water is great.

In just thinking about this, I wonder if this is why HAL has eliminated the discounted beverage cards?:rolleyes:

Also, I am in agreement with the fact that there is no way I would ever drink enough to rationalize this kind of cost as I only average maybe a drink or two a day on cruises.

$39.99 per person per day-- limit up to $7 price wise for a drink.

Also there is a max of only 15 drinks on this per day :D

Wife just told me that she thinks that she recalls that there was a limit on the number of alcoholic beverages a day on this package, thus I guess that I was incorrect in referring to it as "unlimited" in my original post.

Actually, I did mention the beverage package that was offered on the Nieuw Amsterdam on a regular cruise Jan 13-20th at $39.99 pp per day, and they jacked up the price on the Legendary Rhythm and Blues cruise to $59.99 pp per day Jan. 20-27th. I recall I was called a liar.

Hmmmm.

hmmmmmmm - if this is the case, it totally matches Celebrities packages ( my sister called me to ask for advice). It would be really nice if this is a new policy if HAL would post it somewhere.

I have a hard time justifying that price (especially for house wine and not a bottle of wine and no wine steward)

glad I got the beverage cards when I did;)

Actually, I did mention the beverage package that was offered on the Nieuw Amsterdam on a regular cruise Jan 13-20th at $39.99 pp per day, and they jacked up the price on the Legendary Rhythm and Blues cruise to $59.99 pp per day Jan. 20-27th. I recall I was called a liar.

Hmmmm.

Sorry -- I must have missed it.

$59.99 per person per day -- special cruise -- that is highway robbery.

Unless HAL intends to greatly increase per drink prices, that is way out of line with our past history of beverage purchases (alcohol and non-alcohol) and our present desires for same on a daily basis. They won't find us purchasing this package without some cause to do so, like increasing prices and serving Princess coffee in the Lido! ;)

I was reading that Royal just brought in an "unlimited" beverage package on their ships so the conversation has been going on their boards for a while. I could not see myself ever being able to drink enough to make something like that worthwhile but there are people out there that will. I am sure the cruise lines didn't just pick some arbitrary price for the packages. They have a lot of well paid people to figure these things out :eek:

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere, but a quick search did not reveal it anywhere. Just returned this morning from the Noordam Southern Caribbean 10 day that departed on Feb. 8th and want to report that HAL was offering an unlimited beverage package on this voyage priced at $39.95 pp, per day. Very similar to package offered on some Carnival Ships. Applied to all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages priced at or below $7.00 and as per Carnival required that everyone sharing the same stateroom had to purchase the package.

The package includes non-alcoholic beverages,

And HAL requires everyone in the stateroom to purchase the package ...

I wonder how HAL will deal with minors sharing a cabin with adults.

Perhaps a half-priced $20 package for non-alcoholic beverages will be mandaed for minors sharing a cabin with adults who purchase the beverage package?

Several years ago HAL offered unlimited non-alcoholic packages but did not mandate everyone in a cabin had to purchase it ... resulted in abuse and revocation of the program.

I wonder if HAL has thought this out fully and clearly.

Edited by pms4104

Unless HAL intends to greatly increase per drink prices, that is way out of line with our past history of beverage purchases (alcohol and non-alcohol) and our present desires for same on a daily basis. They won't find us purchasing this package without some cause to do so, like increasing prices and serving Princess coffee in the Lido! ;)

Are you referencing to HAL raising the drink to higher than $7 in this new Drink pachage -- or just raising the costs of drinks overall?

over $1100 for a 14 day cruise... Hmmm. Maybe for a 7 day, no way for a 14.

The most recent bar menu I found was posted by KK in june 2011, so I wonder if most drinks are below 7 still?

If the explorations cafe is included then maybe.

The bottles of alcohol for incabin consumption went up in September 2012 -- so I would imagine that the costs of drinks have also gone up.

I have to agree -- I do not see HAL (or any cruise line) selling the Drink package by the day.

Cost for a week for 2 people -- $560.

Cost for 2 weeks for 2 people --$1120

For those people taking 20 and 21 day cruises -- $1600 and $1680

Very expensive.

Wonder if there are discounts for cruises longer than 7 days?

Wonder if there are discounts for cruises longer than 7 days?

So far, all you can drink (or 15 drinks a day, I guess -- which is way more than I can drink), is not available for purchase on the 2014 Grand World Voyage, but the $250 beverage card is available for $225. Guess that's a perk for the GWV. :)

I haven't had my coffee yet this morning, but am I doing this math correctly? I would have to drink at least 6 drinks a day to make this worth the cost?!?! I don't think I could do that even on spring break in college- I wouldn't even remember the trip! Can you imagine being on a ship where a lot of passengers were drinking unlimitedly- it would be like Carnival!

I can see where it would be worth it if you like to "party" a lot in the bars. It is better than paying by the drink in that case. The best bargain is to buy a bottle for your stateroom. However, you can only drink it there in the room and if you like to frequent or socialize in the bars and/or are travelling with other people that probably wouldn't work for you.