Whats a good camera bag?

I'm a fan of LowePro SlingShot and FastPack bags. They both offer the ability to swing them around and access your equipment without taking the bag off.

When cruising I carry the kit in the a FastPack 350 along with my netbook and a SlingShot 200 empty in the checked luggage. When going ashore, I pack what I will need for the day in the smaller Slingshot to keep it light.

I carry a Velbon UltraMaxi tripod along (not in the bag...tripods don't "bag" well) but have only used it a half-dozen times in the last dozen cruises. I recently picked up a Giottos mini tabletop tripod that will fit in my bag. I added a small ballhead to the base and it will hold the DSLR quite well. I intend to use it for interiors since it will literally fit in my back pocket while wandering about the ship.

Dave

I would like to know what camera bag would be good for the Nikon D3200 and more than 2 lenses(if possible), and accesories like a tripod, extra battery, battery charger, SD cards, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Honestly, when you are on vacation you want to be carrying the least amount possible. For two lenses, spare batteries and Spare memory card which is the most you should carry while actually taking pictures a fanny pack should be good. For traveling from home to embarkation I have a Lowepro backpack that I can put my camera, lenses, flash, chargers and netbook in.

As for my Strap, I recently upgraded to a Black Rapid over the shoulder sling vice the around the neck Canon (Steal me) strap, I get less sore necks at the end of the day now.

This article really made me stop and think about all the stuff I used to carry all the time.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/how-to-spot-an-amateur.htm

That's great. Thanks. I wouldn't be looking at DSLR's, but that is the type of camera that I need for this job.

I have a Kodak EasyShare C180 at the moment. It is a great camera, but the career I'd like needs a better camera and I'm hoping the D3200 will be good.

Thanks again for the help! :D

My preference is a Think Tank Speed Freak. You cannot fit a tripod in it, but otherwise, it is perfect size for a DSLR and a couple of lenses.

I have realized over the years that the camera bag large enough to hold everything is likely too heavy to carry.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/speed-freak-v2.aspx

I use a simple backpack while travelling to the ship and just a plain book bag while in port.

Try not to use something that screams "EXPENSIVE CAMERA".

It does minimize the risk of someone running off with your bag.....

Archived