Excursion ?

crusinfamof4

We want to do the Barrier Reef Snorkel in Grand Caymen, however, the hours are 12:30-3 pm, the ship leaves port at 4 pm, this is a CCL sponsored excursion, just to be sure, if something happens, they will hold the ship for us? I checked another excursion and it was the same time frame. It just makes me nervous as it only gives us an hour and it's a tender port. TYVMIA!

If you are nervous then book with the ship. Yes they do have to wait, unless its weather related or some other problem beyond their control. But in that cause they have to get you to the next port of call on their dime. Never had this happen to us, but herd that is the case.

When I'm not sure about getting back in time or the area I always book through the ship.

The 1 hour window is tight but if it's a Carnival-sponsored excursion, the ship will wait if the excursion is delayed or anything. The only gotcha I can think of is if (due to high winds or anything), the GC port authority shuts down tendering early. I'm not really sure what happens in that situation - thankfully, that's never happened to us.

Archived