Do you need a passport

I just wish our passports were $100 for 10 yrs... Ours are only valid for 5 :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case you hadn't heard, starting July 1, 2013 Canadians will be able to get a 10 year passport and it will cost $160. Finally! Now I just need to wait 4 years for my renewal.....

As Canadians we don't get to choose whether we get a passport for travel but if we did, I would still have one. I've had mine since we started travelling - long before it was required to enter the U.S. I just feel more secure with it. But it's a personal choice - not everyone worries about stuff like that.

As a Canadian we're captive in our own country without having a passport do its a non issue for us. After seeing the potential issues Carnival passengers would have faced if they had gone to progresso I couldn't imagine going without. Yes this was a one in a million type of problem at least with a passport you could walk off the ship and get home without having to jump through all the hoops to get back to the us.

I still find it odd that the USA Hasn't made passports mandatory... A major $$$ maker for the govt if anything!

I just wish our passports were $100 for 10 yrs... Ours are only valid for 5 :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting this summer you can get a Canadian passport that is valid for 10 years. http://www.ppt.gc.ca/articles/20121219.aspx?lang=eng Costs $160.00 though!

As a Canadian we're captive in our own country without having a passport do its a non issue for us.

Generally true, but there are a few exceptions. An Enhanced Drivers License, currently issued by 4 provinces (QC, ON, MB, BC) or a NEXUS trusted traveller card will get you into the US and Canada by land and sea. Both are WHTI compliant documents.

Archived