Anybody stayed in a 1A lately

stevemary32

I stayed in a 1A a few times. I like them but don't get a upgrade. I don't think I would take one if offered. I get them on Fantasy class ship and stay on empress deck. If they give me a 4 a it would be on a lower deck. I try to get a porthole cabin. In a 1A you will have bunks and make the room feel bigger

Every time I have booked a 1A we have gotten an upsell call and taken it. This trip we are booked in one that has a couch & 1bed. On the Glory I slept on the couch ( we were sailing 3) so I would rather have a couch than an upper berth. I had a friend stay in a Sensation 1A and she did have lots of space with 1 upper/lower. Kind of L shaped with bathroom. Most carnival rooms are long, hers was wide since it was an interior Empress deck I think.

I have considered changing rooms but in looking a pics - there is very little difference (1bed) between my booked Dream 1A and last year Glory 6A. Yes 2 porthole windows vs a large window but not a big deal. I'm not thinking I'd want to change rooms unless for a great price to a balcony.

Thank you for your replies? Are the bunks comfy?

SCGamecocks Hope the Gamecocks win another baseball title! :D

The bunks are comfy. I ended up in the top bunk on Valor last year. I thought I would have problems being up so high, but it wasn't bad.

Thanks! I sure hope we can make another run for it.

I stayed in a 1A a couple months ago. We had 3 rooms in a row: two 1As, and a category PT. All 3 rooms had 2 portholes. The PT had 2 regular beds. The other 2 rooms had 1 bed plus a sofabed. They are very nice. They were all bigger rooms than the standard interiors, even though both categories are considered to be lower than standard interiors. Plus we had an outside view. No way that any of us would've taken a 4A or any regular inside over what we had. These were room #s 2212, 2216, 2220 on either Triumph, Conquest, Splendor, or Dream classes.

Most of the 1As do not have the portholes. 3 on each Conquest class ship have 2 regular beds, 2 on each Triumph/Sunshine ship have 2 picture windows. Some are the exact same size as regular interiors, but with an upper bunk instead of the 2nd bed on the floor, which creates more floor space. If you are not a couple, these 1As are a great way to go.

Edited by k2excursion

I had 1A porthole cabin 2217 on the Glory in September out of NYC to Canada/New England. I liked the larger floor space than a regular interior. And you can't beat the portholes for less than a regular interior. I also like being up front where there was little hall traffic. You just have to get use to the noise of the waves and port thruster noise in the front 1A's, but hey you are on a ship and it adds to the experience.

I liked 2217 on Glory so I booked 2217 again on Splendor for Jan 2014 Florida/Bahamas out of NYC.

I stayed in a 1A a couple months ago. We had 3 rooms in a row: two 1As, and a category PT. All 3 rooms had 2 portholes. The PT had 2 regular beds. The other 2 rooms had 1 bed plus a sofabed. They are very nice. They were all bigger rooms than the standard interiors, even though both categories are considered to be lower than standard interiors. Plus we had an outside view. No way that any of us would've taken a 4A or any regular inside over what we had. These were room #s 2212, 2216, 2220 on either Triumph, Conquest, Splendor, or Dream classes.

Most of the 1As do not have the portholes. 3 on each Conquest class ship have 2 regular beds, 2 on each Triumph/Sunshine ship have 2 picture windows. Some are the exact same size as regular interiors, but with an upper bunk instead of the 2nd bed on the floor, which creates more floor space. If you are not a couple, these 1As are a great way to go.

I am booked on conquest cabin # 2216 in ten days. What is the layout of this cabin?? Thanks in advance!!

I am booked on conquest cabin # 2216 in ten days. What is the layout of this cabin?? Thanks in advance!!

I have attached a couple of thumbnails since I don't have any pictures on an online site to link to. I was in cabin 2217 on the Dream with k2excursion. Hope this helps.

Sharon

P1030449.jpg.5d79f308ded86218e119243a0eda2883.jpg

P1030450.jpg.b945f4ca80d1feb619ffc3bf95656877.jpg

2216 is a porthole cabin with a single twin bed near the porthole side of the cabin. There will also be a couch that can be converted to a bed. This cabin is close in size as the outer ocean view cabin so it has more floor space than a regular interior cabin.

Love the 1As mid-ship on the Conquest Class on decks 6, 7, 8. Have stayed in 7345 twice and 6393 once. Great locations and these rooms are slightly wider than a regular interior and have the vanity layout similar to a balcony set up rather than 'chunked' on each side of the hall.

Would not hesitate to book either of these cabins abain when sailing with 2 on a Conquest Class ship.

Triumph's 2216 had the exact same layout as the Dream 2217 pics my mom posted. Same orientation, slightly longer on Triumph. 185 sq.ft. for the 2217 on Dream, 195 for the Triumph's 2216. Triumph's 2212 was 185 sq.ft, and the category PT (2220) was 205-210. All 4 rooms had the same orientation (beds against the left wall when coming in).

Edited by k2excursion

I have attached a couple of thumbnails since I don't have any pictures on an online site to link to. I was in cabin 2217 on the Dream with k2excursion. Hope this helps.

Sharon

We stayed in cabin 2216 on the Valor,2 weeks ago, it looked just like your photos.

We really liked the cabin, but I did not like the noise from the waves.:o

There is a thread here...Everything 1a. Of course the most recent is most up to date and still usually the most affordable cabins solo or duo.

I really like the 1a's on Fantasy class Empress, Main, and Riviera decks. They are inside..one upper an one single against the wall..and across the hall is nobody's door and they are like your private roomy hall. Empress deck is especially great shot out to the Lobby. Most have a fake window with a curtain and it is wonderful to the cozy feeling..it just does something more for me..than a room without that...Sarah

The one thing you need is xtra pillows to rest yourself further in front of the bunk folded above you..the rooms are not claustrophobic unless one just can not deal with an inside..I had a chair, a stool, vanity with drawers, closets one open and 2 closed,and the life jacket box someone can sit on past of and my bed....4 gals sat in there comfortably (2 on bed as couch) on our make shift cabin crawl and younger and older couples seemed to have no problem with them for short 4 day I was on, several at my table were in them all the way up to Cat 11 for 3 folks so we had fun...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Are the bunks comfy?

My lower bunk was just fine until I forgot the upper one was there, & cracked my head on it sitting up when I had just awakened. The rooms are pitch black & I didn't always bother to hit a light on first. I would remember most of the time but even once a day is too much. :(

Mattress on the bed was perfectly comfortable though!